Bihari Recipes

suma25

It's all about keeping the others out lurker.... Delhi is full of Bengali ,garhwali punjabi societies ......if not religion then region....bas mauka chahiye sab ko .....
Radhika..yeh galat information aapko kisne de di.. there are areas like CR Park for Bengalis, Tilak Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, etc for Punjabis..but others have their houses too.. my relative has a house in CR park..and he bought it from a bengali... there are may UPItes in Tilak nagar or Punjabo bagh.. though these areas are distinctly resemble a Bengal or Punjab..but its not as if others can not live there... but same can not be said about the dariyaganj or pahar ganj area...its predominantly muslim area...and i don't think any hindu or punjabi or Xians live there... but..it gives a different kind of pleasure to go to Jama Masjid area..and talk **** about pakistan..or discuss israel..and politics while having lunch..NOT Dinner...:D...and along with 3-4 friends...

Boss Mumbai mein aadha population is from Jaunpur/Azamgarh. My cousin used to be a senior administrative office of Azamgarh and unka naam ka (dur)upyog karke humne bahut dosti kiya hai Autowaalon se lekar sabzi waalon se. Plus tooti footi Bhojpuri always helped! Waise price ke maamle mein Gaya will beat most places man. Aaj bhi samosa comes at a buck(bachpan mein chawani mein milta tha..dont know if anyone uses char aana these days). Tickets are in the same range as Jaunpur. Wooden seats with strange black soot on the ceiling. Fans hanging out of the top with some metal rod bent at weird angles. And more importantly people/audience throwing on torch light on the screen when the electricity goes off. :dance::dance:
bhaiya..wooden chair aur pankhe wala hall to delhi me bhi tha..."rivoli" before PVR bought that.. had the experience to watch "split wide open" there... was quite an experience...

Guest dada_rocks

heck whenever I visisted gurgavr my friend used to drag me to the theatre and u won't believe it he used to come with kachhua chhap and light it beneath his seat:haha:

but..it gives a different kind of pleasure to go to Jama Masjid area..and talk **** about pakistan..or discuss israel..and politics while having lunch..NOT Dinner...:D...and along with 3-4 friends...
Astagh-firulla birader, tauba astafghar You are lucky to speak openly in front of pious, believers in your locality. But this is totally haram onlee in certain locality in Mumbai. and if you by misteek try to talk something un-comfortable about leader of ummah a.k.a. Bakistan you might end up picking up a fight. And Lo! if that area is Dongri, sure saar you have to prepare yourself for some physical violence. may allah guide you next time.... Yours onlee Sand Al Jaunpuri :shades_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
This is why the Pundits used to get mad and then take it out on poor Hindus. What are you gonna do with a goat-head? It is not like fish, is it now? Are they going to eat the kaan ya sing(horn)?? Okay coming back to the vegetarian issue now. Generally speaking is it fair to say veggies don't exactly like their food? Now this based on personal experience of course. But non-veggies would love to go out and eat, veggies dont. And even when you visit their(veggie's) house you come back muttering, "Kam se kam paneer hi bana deta...bas channe ki sabzi khila di...phir se". Or is it just me :confused_smile:
Everyobody knows I am in awe of gujarat but have this complaint on one matter .. khana khane nahin aata inhene.. jab bhi gujrati friend ke yahan jao khane pe pahle se hi mind make-up karna parta hai.. veggies can be dlightful experience too just sample this Kathal (jakckfruit ) ka kofta Baigan/karela ka bharwa daal makhani bhindi fry paneer-tika tandoori-roti/steamed-rice dahi-vada ras malai ab koi muihe ye khilaye dawat pe I won't complain about non-avialability of non-veg item.

Guest dada_rocks
Buy in bulk and sell at a little profit. The Mallwallahs make their money in volume. You know this(mall/multiplexes) culture has practically changed Indian tradition without us realizing it. The other day I was talking to my parents(they are in Delhi) and they told me how they end up going to the mall atleast once a week. Sometimes 2-3 times. The frequency of eating out is the same. Now if you compare that with the time when we were growing up I suppose it is fair to say we did not go out as often, eating out once every 3-4 month was a big deal. At most the family went to cinema but hell in Gaya it took 50 bucks for a family of 5 to watch the movie...and that included rickshaw fare. xxx
Khana abhi bhi sasta hai even in delhi.. I remember we ordered chhola bhatura one day in 2004, two plate cost around Rs120 but the portion was so generous that it ended up feeding five of us.,

Guest dada_rocks
Private entity with a right to do what it wants. It is stupid and bad business practice, but beyond that, why should anyone care? Move on to the next apartment complex. BTW, I am eggitarian, but the missus pretty much cooks and eats anything that's edible.
Missus switch karoge mian:haha: mine is vegetarian and yours seem to be hardcore none-vegetarian

Guest dada_rocks
Radhika..yeh galat information aapko kisne de di.. there are areas like CR Park for Bengalis, Tilak Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, etc for Punjabis..but others have their houses too.. my relative has a house in CR park..and he bought it from a bengali... there are may UPItes in Tilak nagar or Punjabo bagh.. though these areas are distinctly resemble a Bengal or Punjab..but its not as if others can not live there... but same can not be said about the dariyaganj or pahar ganj area...its predominantly muslim area...and i don't think any hindu or punjabi or Xians live there... but..it gives a different kind of pleasure to go to Jama Masjid area..and talk **** about pakistan..or discuss israel..and politics while having lunch..NOT Dinner...:D...and along with 3-4 friends...
Malviya Nagar mein ak jagaha hai khirki extension-2 predominantly muslim street just for the kicks I went there looking for aptt to rent. .. Nobody entertained me.:haha: log kisi na kisi bahane na kah dete the..

veggies can be dlightful experience too just sample this Kathal (jakckfruit ) ka kofta Baigan/karela ka bharwa daal makhani bhindi fry paneer-tika tandoori-roti/steamed-rice dahi-vada ras malai ab koi muihe ye khilaye dawat pe I won't complain about non-avialability of non-veg item.
Arre yaar maine kab kaha ke veggie food can not be delightful?? I am a big fan of veggie food but not a fan at all of vegetarians. Like I said it seems most vegetarians do not enjoy food. Jab bhi jaao unke ghar to channe ki sabzi khaane ko mil jaati hai. Speaking strictly from a Bihari perspective our eating habit is 90% veggy. I mean meat/murga/machli to Sunday ko hi aata tha. Haan we used to have eggs daily. But other times so many veggie stuff. By the way tum kaisa Bihari hai ke sattu bhool gaya? :angry_smile::angry_smile: Sattu ka paratha yum yum Sattu ki litti with Baigan bharta wah wah :yay: xxx

sattu nahi lurker..satua..
Jai ho!! Waise Satua(or is it Satuan?) is also a festival in Bihar which mothers keep for their kids. Sattu mixed with kacche aam(tikola) is served that day. Thats also slrrpy. By the way why is it that Sattu is so popular in India but is hardly known outside?? :sad_smile:

recently i met a girl from muzaffarpur.. we are having nice conversations on who knows more Bhojpuri words... increased my vocabulary a lot these days.. Lurker, D_R, wanna start a bhojpuri thread to educate people here about bhojpuri words...of common things...will help me actually garner more knowledge about bhojpuri.. recently i have got hooked to it...

recently i met a girl from muzaffarpur.. we are having nice conversations on who knows more Bhojpuri words... increased my vocabulary a lot these days.. Lurker, D_R, wanna start a bhojpuri thread to educate people here about bhojpuri words...of common things...will help me actually garner more knowledge about bhojpuri.. recently i have got hooked to it...
Rauwa kaisan baat kar delas maharaj? Saar ke ICF waala sochi ke marde Bhojpuriya log ejje kabza baitha delas! :dance::dance:

Lurker, D_R, wanna start a bhojpuri thread to educate people here about bhojpuri words...of common things...will help me actually garner more knowledge about bhojpuri.. recently i have got hooked it...
Tatha-Astu (Sanskrit: So be it). .. badkaa bhaiya bhojpuri hamaraa UPiau mein bolaa la...oo kaa hau ki tanik alag kisam ka hau. Btw...aap Bhojpuri Kanya pavan khaatir sikhat hau ...bahut shubh khayal hai. hari Om.

Tatha-Astu (Sanskrit: So be it). .. badkaa bhaiya bhojpuri hamaraa UPiau mein bolaa la...oo kaa hau ki tanik alag kisam ka hau. Btw...aap Bhojpuri Kanya pavan khaatir sikhat hau ...bahut shubh khayal hai. hari Om.
in bhojpuri it would be like rauwa bhojpuri ladki pawe ke khatir seekh tani ka...bahut neek khayal baa..

Guest dada_rocks
Arre yaar maine kab kaha ke veggie food can not be delightful?? I am a big fan of veggie food but not a fan at all of vegetarians. Like I said it seems most vegetarians do not enjoy food. Jab bhi jaao unke ghar to channe ki sabzi khaane ko mil jaati hai. Speaking strictly from a Bihari perspective our eating habit is 90% veggy. I mean meat/murga/machli to Sunday ko hi aata tha. Haan we used to have eggs daily. But other times so many veggie stuff. By the way tum kaisa Bihari hai ke sattu bhool gaya? :angry_smile::angry_smile: Sattu ka paratha yum yum Sattu ki litti with Baigan bharta wah wah :yay: xxx
Makuni to be precise or baati-chokha