Bihari Recipes

suma25

what are the special Bihari foods..? other than litti chokha, makuni,...i can not think of any other thing which can be called the original food of bihar ? Lurkar..taneek batawen ekra baare me..
Bihari food? Litti chokha Ghughni :D Channa ka bhanwra(kaala chana in besan paste deep fried...wah wah!!) Tarka daal(Bihari tarka is unique due to 5 spices called Panchforan :yay: ) Pittha Thekua/Pidakiya Ole ka chutney August ke fool ka pakori. AB bhook lag gaya guru :sad_smile:

Bihari food? Litti chokha Ghughni :D Channa ka bhanwra(kaala chana in besan paste deep fried...wah wah!!) Tarka daal(Bihari tarka is unique due to 5 spices called Panchforan :yay: ) Pittha Thekua/Pidakiya Ole ka chutney August ke fool ka pakori. AB bhook lag gaya guru :sad_smile:
Ghughni....now this is original..i used to have it quite often in calcutta...chalo...saturday ka breakfast yeh raha fir. channa ka bhanwra ? yeh kabhi nahi khaya.. Thekua..yeh to chatt me banta hi hai..yeh mai kaise bhu gaya... Ole ka chutney..... mere ghar me saal me ek baar ole ki sabzi banti hai..deewali wale din..kahte hain shubh hota hai..gale me khujli bhi hone lagti hai,.agar theek se paka na ho to.. august ke fool ka pakori - arre yeh kahin Tori ( nenua ) ke phool ki baat to nahi kar rahe?

Ghughni....now this is original..i used to have it quite often in calcutta...chalo...saturday ka breakfast yeh raha fir. channa ka bhanwra ? yeh kabhi nahi khaya.. Thekua..yeh to chatt me banta hi hai..yeh mai kaise bhu gaya... Ole ka chutney..... mere ghar me saal me ek baar ole ki sabzi banti hai..deewali wale din..kahte hain shubh hota hai..gale me khujli bhi hone lagti hai,.agar theek se paka na ho to.. august ke fool ka pakori - arre yeh kahin Tori ( nenua ) ke phool ki baat to nahi kar rahe?
Ghughni is awesome!!!!! Channa ka bhanwara is khatarnaak boss. You basically soak channa overnight, then throw it in besan paste and then deep fry it. Sasta sundar and mast mast swaadist Thekua is a chath special of course. There is also Nimki which is salty. Ole ka chutney is authentic bihari. kahin aur nahin milega and yes gardan bahut khujlaata hai. August ka phool is an independent phool. Uska pakori mast banta hai. Speaking of nenua. There is nenua/jheengi with channa ki sabzi. Thats also Bihari. What about pepchi? What is that called in Delhi? Or they do have it there?

Ghughni is awesome!!!!! Channa ka bhanwara is khatarnaak boss. You basically soak channa overnight, then throw it in besan paste and then deep fry it. Sasta sundar and mast mast swaadist Thekua is a chath special of course. There is also Nimki which is salty. Ole ka chutney is authentic bihari. kahin aur nahin milega and yes gardan bahut khujlaata hai. August ka phool is an independent phool. Uska pakori mast banta hai. Speaking of nenua. There is nenua/jheengi with channa ki sabzi. Thats also Bihari. What about pepchi? What is that called in Delhi? Or they do have it there?
ohh...Nenua/Tori with kale chane ki sabzi..with garam garam parantha and a cup of tea...in winter.s..mast breakfast...i even used to have it with rice.. never heard of Pepchi?

ohh...Nenua/Tori with kale chane ki sabzi..with garam garam parantha and a cup of tea...in winter.s..mast breakfast...i even used to have it with rice.. never heard of Pepchi?
who here knows what thalipit - pitla is? i dont know where its from.. but it tastes good :dance:

never heard of Pepchi?
My parents bought some Pepchi the other day in NOIDA. I will check with them what is it called in Delhi area. By the way time now for some sweet dish. Tilkoot Anarsa Khaaja :yay::yay: Baidyanaath dhaam ka peda :yay: Maner ka laddoo..:yay: Phir se bhook lag gaya :(

Thalipit Recipe Ingredients Jawar Flour 1 cup Wheat Flour 1/2 cup Gram Flour (besan) 1/4 cup Water 2 cup Masala 1 teaspoon Redchilly Powder 1 Onion (finely chopped) 2 Green Chilly (finely chopped) Small bunch of Coriander 1 teaspoon Jeera Salt to taste Method Take one container, put the all flours and mix all masala with flour. Add water and make dough Take a flat pan, apply 1 spoon of oil on pan, put the dough in the pan, make flat by hand and keep it on gas for 10 minutes until it looks brown. You can eat with Pickle or Curd

My parents bought some Pepchi the other day in NOIDA. I will check with them what is it called in Delhi area. By the way time now for some sweet dish. Tilkoot Anarsa Khaaja :yay::yay: Baidyanaath dhaam ka peda :yay: Maner ka laddoo..:yay: Phir se bhook lag gaya :(
i am not very fond of sweets....but i have eaten Khaaja, Tilkoot, anarsa. lurker have you eaten that fruit."khaja" jo taadi ke ped pe ugta hai..? i used to love it........never saw again that fruit after coming to delhi.... kabhi tadee piya hai?

pitla Ingredients 3 tablespoons besan (bengal gram flour) 1/2 tsp hing(asoefetida) 1 medium tomato chopped finely 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves 1 sprig curry leaves 1/2 tsp mustard seeds 1 small onion, chopped finely 1 tsp roasted cumin-coriander powder 1 tablespoon lemon juice/tamarind juice 1 tsp red chilli powder 1/2 tsp turmeric powder Salt to taste Method Fry the besan in a little oil till it turns light brown. Set aside. Heat some oil and add the mustard and curry leaves. When they crackle, add the onions and fry till they turn brown. Add the cumin-dhania, red chili and turmeric and fry for a minute. Now add the besan and keep frying for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the coriander and some water to get a liquid consistency. Add salt to taste. Now add the lime/tamarind juice and heat through till it boils. Add hing and serve hot with chapatis or white rice.

Thalipit Recipe Ingredients Jawar Flour 1 cup Wheat Flour 1/2 cup Gram Flour (besan) 1/4 cup Water 2 cup Masala 1 teaspoon Redchilly Powder 1 Onion (finely chopped) 2 Green Chilly (finely chopped) Small bunch of Coriander 1 teaspoon Jeera Salt to taste Method Take one container, put the all flours and mix all masala with flour. Add water and make dough Take a flat pan, apply 1 spoon of oil on pan, put the dough in the pan, make flat by hand and keep it on gas for 10 minutes until it looks brown. You can eat with Pickle or Curd
Holy..its a parantha...

You forgot "Khaaja". As bihari as it gets.