Players who almost made it into India XI

K. Ananthapadmanaban and Bharati Vij Two more spinners who took wickets by the hatful in domestics Vij ended with 319 wkts at 23 from 72 matches. Not half bad. Gagandeep can consider himself a bit unlucky to not have played at least one test/ODI
Sadly, I think Gagandeep and Ranadeb Bose (as well as Shib Shankar Paul) can safely be added to this list. IMO, they would probably have been just as effective as the glamor boys Ishant and VRV.
S. Badrinath's struggles to make it into national reckoning got me thinking of the number of FC cricketers who appeared to be knocking on the door for several years, but never really made it into the playing XI of the Indian team (either Test or ODI). My memory is fried, but I can remember a few. Do you all have names you would want to add to this list? My list will be Southie-biased, what with me being from Bengalooru. Back in the day: Rajinder Goel, Padmakar Shivalkar, Sudhakar Rao, V. Sivaramakrishnan, B. Vijayakrishna, A.V. Jayprakash (who turned out to be an international umpire, I believe) More recently: K. P. Bhaskar (aka Bhaskar Pillai), S. Sharath, S. Badrinath, Ambati Rayudu, Amol Muzumdar Let's see where this thread goes.
did gagan khoda ever play for india? he has been a prolific opener at the domestic level though i doubt he would last long outside the sub continent.
Yes. He played a few ODI's. I think he is the only Rajasthani to have played for India in recent years ?
In two matches of a triangular series involving Bangladesh and Kenya. SRT was rested for two matches. Khoda opened and scored 26 and 89, before Tendulkar returned for the last two league games and the final. Pravin Amre was a Rajastan Ranji player when he played for India. Otherwise, probably the only Rajasthani in some thirty years.