Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

Liquor ban in Kerala might bring the stock price of related scrips down imo.
united spirits is not down only because of diegeo offer of buying shares at 3000+ and take its stake to over 50% in the company. The company has not even come out with its Q4 FY14 results as yet.

united spirits is not down only because of diegeo offer of buying shares at 3000+ and take its stake to over 50% in the company. The company has not even come out with its Q4 FY14 results as yet.
Came across this article http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/nse-bse-to-exclude-united-spirits-from-f-o-segment-114082200375_1.html Leading stock exchanges, BSE and NSE, will drop United Spirits Ltd (USL) from the future and option segment from September 19 as the company failed to comply with listing agreements, including timely submission of financial results. Consequently, the exchanges have decided to exclude United Spirits from the equity derivatives segment. In similarly-worded circulars, BSE and NSE said “United Spirits Ltd has not submitted financial results for the year ended March 31, 2014 and quarter ended June 30, 2014 as required under Clause 41 of the listing agreement.” ========================================================== Isn't the latest offer by Diageo almost double than the previous offer? What are the implications of open offer in this case, in case the quarter results are bad coming in addition to the liquor ban in one state.Can Diaego review or turn it void. I read that there is litigation going on wherein one liquor baron being classified as willful defaulter by one bank which had given his company loan and the repayment is allegedly defaulted. So his plans of getting stake in a company from another sector is on hold. if classified as willful defaulter, i guess it reduces the option to avail huge funds from any bank. Personally i do not want to invest in liquor companies after this news. Luckily, i have no scrips of companies falling in this sector.

Came across this article http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/nse-bse-to-exclude-united-spirits-from-f-o-segment-114082200375_1.html Leading stock exchanges, BSE and NSE, will drop United Spirits Ltd (USL) from the future and option segment from September 19 as the company failed to comply with listing agreements, including timely submission of financial results. Consequently, the exchanges have decided to exclude United Spirits from the equity derivatives segment. In similarly-worded circulars, BSE and NSE said “United Spirits Ltd has not submitted financial results for the year ended March 31, 2014 and quarter ended June 30, 2014 as required under Clause 41 of the listing agreement.” ========================================================== Isn't the latest offer by Diageo almost double than the previous offer? What are the implications of open offer in this case, in case the quarter results are bad coming in addition to the liquor ban in one state.Can Diaego review or turn it void. I read that there is litigation going on wherein one liquor baron being classified as willful defaulter by one bank which had given his company loan and the repayment is allegedly defaulted. So his plans of getting stake in a company from another sector is on hold. if classified as willful defaulter, i guess it reduces the option to avail huge funds from any bank. Personally i do not want to invest in liquor companies after this news. Luckily, i have no scrips of companies falling in this sector.
yeah. out of FnO and out of cnx 100, nifty junior too. As per reports, USL have given loan to UB holdings (parent company) that has given it to another (bankrupt) group company (kingfisher) . this is not allowed and so the results are not yet out . I dont track diageo deal in depth so cant comment on that.

3 stocks for long term that I have bought - 1. Oriental carbon - http://dalal-street.in/oriental-carbon-chemical-ltd/ 2. Torrent pharma (cheap valuations, good growth shown over the years, 70%+ promoter holding, acquired elder pharma recently) 3. CMC @1856 (getting merged with TCS. for every 100 CMC shares, one will get 79 shares of TCS sometime in April next year)

2 more bought - 1. Mindtree @ 995 after significant fall. 2. HCL tech - sold at 1700 and re-purchased after the fall @1550 continue to hold HGS, yes bank etc. sold can fin(could very well be a mistake), tv today (@212), ybrant(@66), suven (@195), krbl (@ 102, had bought at 86 and had doubled the holding when it fell to 82 ) Would like to hear from all. (Could not update the thread earlier as I was banned for 2 months.)