Kerala Express Watch Thread

how can you bowl to yourself :confused: The point is that Sreesanth has done too little to justify any kind of adulation from fans regardless of the cricketing ability of the fan himself. If he improves, people will support him, but till then he will be mocked for hollow aggression without the ability to back it up
Atleast he has won us 2,3 test matches and bowled some crucial spells in rest in our history very few fast bowlers have done that.
How dare you label Santh in trundler category. The guy is our fastest bowler. He bowls Yadav pace but slows down for swing and excellent seam position. If all our bowlers went flat out for 10 overs' date= Sree would be near top with Yadav!
Add to that, he doesn't take many wickets and goes for many, many, many, many runs.
If you cannot understand simple english ' date='This thread is about discussing his performances on the field not off it.But i guess you are simply too busy with sachin related threads.[/quote'] seeing that he hardly performs on the field, it would be fair to use this thread to discuss his off field activities (as he is involved in them far more than in actual cricket).

The only good thing that can happen is Aaron, UY, Ishant perform very well in Australia, and Sreesanth realizing that only way to make it back to the team is if he is a much improved bowler, and if he has a will to do it, otherwise it is curtains for him , has been very mediocre in his career ,give or take on good performance in a year, had talent but wasted.

seeing that he hardly performs on the field' date=' it would be fair to use this thread to discuss his off field activities (as he is involved in them far more than in actual cricket).[/quote'] Just stop posting rubbish ,He has performed thats why he was in team and before england series he won us a match in sa and got a five wicket haul in the last match of the series,He has atleast won us a few matches which other indian fast bowler in recent memory has done so.I think you do not have a life after work so you cannot seem to think anybody else can .What sreesanth,sachin,shewag do offield should not be our concern .But educated fools like you bring offield activities when a player performances goes down.

Sreesanth has got into the Indian team on merit. No one has done him any favours. Basically he is a good attacking bowler and therefore his ODI bowling can be at times erratic. The guy had (still has) terrific talent. He is the only Indian bowler who increased his pace after he came to International cricket, while most others who came in with good pace turned trundlers. Even his behaviour is not the issue.Still why do so many Cricket Lovers get irritated with him? Reason is simple.. He has never lived upto his potential or fulfilled the early promise he showed. He has too many distractions. He never worked on his game or showed the committment that is expected of a professional sportsman. Even now if he works on his fitness he would be a very good option for India. But unfortunately age is not on his side, Dhoni is not particularly fond of him and there are some promising new bowlers coming in. All these may work against him making a comeback.

Sreesanth has got into the Indian team on merit. No one has done him any favours. Basically he is a good attacking bowler and therefore his ODI bowling can be at times erratic. The guy had (still has) terrific talent. He is the only Indian bowler who increased his pace after he came to International cricket' date=' while most others who came in with good pace turned trundlers. Even his behaviour is not the issue.Still why do so many Cricket Lovers get irritated with him? Reason is simple.. He has never lived upto his potential or fulfilled the early promise he showed. He has too many distractions. He never worked on his game or showed the committment that is expected of a professional sportsman. Even now if he works on his fitness he would be a very good option for India. But unfortunately age is not on his side, Dhoni is not particularly fond of him and there are some promising new bowlers coming in. All these may work against him making a comeback.[/quote'] He is 28 and zak was in similar situation some years back and he transformed himself.Hope sreesanth develops his game.
He is 28 and zak was in similar situation some years back and he transformed himself.Hope sreesanth develops his game.
Exactly, this is what I have been saying for a while. Zak turned the corner in 2007 with county cricket and he was 29 then. Tbh Sree will be back as we don't have any bowler in his attacking and talented mould coming through. I hope he cements his spot, team India will benefit immensely if so.
Exactly, this is what I have been saying for a while. Zak turned the corner in 2007 with country cricket and he was 29 then. Tbh Sree will be back as we don't have any bowler in his attacking and talented mould coming through. I hope he cements his spot, team India will benefit immensely if so.
Sree also had a county stint and look what he has done to himself. One injury after the other despite not playing much cricket. With Zaheer, fitness was not an issue till he was 30, Sree has had a terrible fitness record ever since 2007. Also while Zaheer was mediocre in tests, he was always brilliant in ODIs and had a much better first class record. Sree on the other hand has had a terrible record not just in tests but even in first class cricket, despite mostly playing in the plate league. Talent wise, maybe he is the best Indian seamer in the last 10-20 years, but talent without discipline means nothing and unfortunately Sree has shown no signs f getting the much needed discipline into his bowling. Everytime he has comeback from an injury, his fitness has looked suspect, stamina has gone down and obviously he has lacked consistency. Not too long, there were many on the forum who used to root for Sree to tun it around, but the last 12 months have been so disappointing, that people have given up now.
Sree also had a county stint and look what he has done to himself. One injury after the other despite not playing much cricket. With Zaheer, fitness was not an issue till he was 30, Sree has had a terrible fitness record ever since 2007. Also while Zaheer was mediocre in tests, he was always brilliant in ODIs and had a much better first class record. Sree on the other hand has had a terrible record not just in tests but even in first class cricket, despite mostly playing in the plate league. Talent wise, maybe he is the best Indian seamer in the last 10-20 years, but talent without discipline means nothing and unfortunately Sree has shown no signs f getting the much needed discipline into his bowling. Everytime he has comeback from an injury, his fitness has looked suspect, stamina has gone down and obviously he has lacked consistency. Not too long, there were many on the forum who used to root for Sree to tun it around, but the last 12 months have been so disappointing, that people have given up now.
You are wrong about Zak. We all remember here in England how unfit he was when he came to play for Worcestershire in 2007 and thats when he came back fitter, stronger and in form. Sree has been inconsistent but the management know he is someone who should be in our ODI and Test team. I think he will be drafted back in, they won't let him waste time wandering around in domestic playing with inferior players. I think after latest rehab he will come back fit. This was more of a niggle he has had for a while rather than a serious injury.
Ishant is average when fit, a half fit Ishant is just stupid. Santh even with crippling toe injury performed as well Ishant on eng tour! Should have played ZK, Nehra and Yadav. Or Dinda instead of Nehra.
1. Nehra should play tests. 2. Sree is great. 3. Ishant is crap 4. Kohli is selfish you just keep repeating all these gems ... stop trolling here...
Ishant is average when fit, a half fit Ishant is just stupid. Santh even with crippling toe injury performed as well Ishant on eng tour! Should have played ZK, Nehra and Yadav. Or Dinda instead of Nehra.
Take your crap elseh were. In the 9 tests, that an average Ishant and a superhuman Sree have played together, Ishant has 31 wickets@33, Santh has 22 wickets@49. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;player_involve=12020;player_involve=49327;player_involve_type=all;team=6;template=results;type=bowling In the 6 ODIs, both have played Ishant has 9 wickets@18, Sree has 7 wickets@27 http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;player_involve=12020;player_involve=49327;player_involve_type=all;team=6;template=results;type=bowling The day Sree reaches even 100 test wickets or 35 tests, only then he should even be compared to Ishant. 6 years, 27 tests, 87 wickets@38 ..poor fitness record, inconsistent and add to it the distraction he is to his own teammates (abuses to Sachin, Sehwag and Dhoni).
You are wrong about Zak. We all remember here in England how unfit he was when he came to play for Worcestershire in 2007 and thats when he came back fitter, stronger and in form. Sree has been inconsistent but the management know he is someone who should be in our ODI and Test team. I think he will be drafted back in, they won't let him waste time wandering around in domestic playing with inferior players. I think after latest rehab he will come back fit. This was more of a niggle he has had for a while rather than a serious injury.
I hope so. He should not come back unless he is fully fit and raring to go, even if it means missing the tri-series. Would be for his own good too. Dhoni's not so favorable view of him + the fact there are now so many good youngsters around..may mean that this would be his last chance.
Zak became unfit in 2006, thats 6 years after he made his debut. By then he had played 40+ tests and 120+ ODIs. Zak used to be regularly over 140+ during that time. Sree became unfit and injury prone in 2007, 2 years after his debut after playing 10 tests and 30 ODIs. His avg speed was 135, occasionally hitting 140+ and then losing steam. As for your optimism of Sree's comeback, his chances are as good as over now. The ayurveda therapy that he has been using for his injured shoulder and now the toe injury instead of proper surgeries, are not going to be of much help.
Zak became unfit in 2006, thats 6 years after he made his debut. By then he had played 40+ tests and 120+ ODIs. Zak used to be regularly over 140+ during that time. Sree became unfit and injury prone in 2007, 2 years after his debut after playing 10 tests and 30 ODIs. His avg speed was 135, occasionally hitting 140+ and then losing steam. As for your optimism of Sree's comeback, his chances are as good as over now. The ayurveda therapy that he has been using for his injured shoulder and now the toe injury instead of proper surgeries, are not going to be of much help.
Not too sure of that. I have seen many cases where Ayurveda (especially the type practiced in Kerala) has succeeded where allopathic doctors had given up as hopeless. This is not heresay, I personally know people who have experienced this. I know this is a bit of a digression but just thought I would share this.
I am actually from a medical background myself but I wouldn't discount Ayurvedic treatment as whole. There are good and bad bits. Plus when it comes to strengthening ligaments in the shoulder, Sree has been basically doing Ayurvedic exercises which can be seen as modern day physio.
I hope so. He should not come back unless he is fully fit and raring to go' date=' even if it means missing the tri-series. Would be for his own good too. Dhoni's not so favorable view of him + the fact there are now so many good youngsters around..may mean that this would be his last chance.[/quote'] I agree, he should only come back when fit! Watching him in the nets in england it was clear to see he was not 100%.
Not too sure of that. I have seen many cases where Ayurveda (especially the type practiced in Kerala) has succeeded where allopathic doctors had given up as hopeless. This is not heresay' date=' I personally know people who have experienced this. I know this is a bit of a digression but just thought I would share this.[/quote'] What you are saying is true for common people lik me and you, but for professional athletes and especially a bowler, if a surgery is needed to repair a damaged shoulder or Toe, no ayurveda therapy will heal the injury completely. Sree had the shoulder problem first in 2007 and has been down with the same injury time and again in the last 4-5 years. One shoulder surgery, being out of action for 6-7 months, a proper rehab and he could well have played on for much longer than he has in the last 4 years.