Kerala Express Watch Thread

Old article but some of us good do with reminders: Pace is not the only name of the game for speedster S Sreesanth , India's new bowling sensation, as he wants to touch the 150 kmph limit and keep his rhythm alive. Talking to newspersons in Bangalore on Wednesday night, he said "I want to keep on improving my speed. However, I don't say that I want to be the fastest bowler. I just want to keep my rhythm alive and may achieve 150 km, God willing." On the threshold of fulfilling his aim, Sreesanth currently bowls around 145 kmph. "Being an ethnic bowler, I am just trying to keep my rhythm right and I am sure on a good day, I may touch the right speed," he added. Sreesanth, who would be joining the MRF Foundation from Thursday, said "I am basically working on improving my strength and doing a lot of running. I have not really bowled after last match and in the Foundation, I have to concentrate more on maintaining my rhythm." Asked about his preparation for the coming West Indies tour, the 23-year-old Keralite said "I am really looking forward to playing in the Caribbean field as it is my dream to play in the West Indies, Australia and England. I am looking forward to the next match and next ball I bowl. I am working more on fast bowling and playing in West Indies will really help in further improving my performance." He had not put in any special or extra effort to improve his performance in the coming series against West Indies. "I will take it as it comes. I will push in as it comes," he added. On Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq complimenting him for his performance, Sreesanth said, "Inzamam praising is a great pleasure. It is really a great honour, it encourages me to work hard. It is great to know that a Pakistan captain is praising an Indian player." Asked about his best moment, he said the great moment in his life was when master blaster Sachin Tendulkar presented him the Indian cap at Nagpur. The budding speedster was not bothered about burnout due to playing too much cricket. "I don't feel any pressure, I love to play cricket any time and I don't feel it is too much." On his experience after making a debut against England in Nagpur in March last, he said he had a great run in the last two months. "I am very lucky to be part of the Indian team and am grateful to the BCCI for giving an opportunity at the right time to a right person." About coach Greg Chappell and Indian captain Rahul Dravid , he said they had told him to keep the basics right and "start believing in yourself and you belong to this and stick to it." Regarding his contribution with the willow, Sreesanth, whose bowling idol was Dennis Lillee, said, "I may come out as a batsman also if the team needs me. Chappell is very helpful."
srisanth good man but problem is team never need him. team doesnot need dancers at this point. at ipl, dancers are required so he will play there.

To be honest, Sree is a genuine pacer when fully fit and in form. He has natural pace with swing, a deadly combination. He bowls consistently 140+. And can swing at that pace. Sometimes, he sacrifices a lil bit of speed to get more swing and ideal release out of his hand. But, the main big, very big problem with him, that irritates the hell out of me, is his fitness.

Even Sreesanth would have been taken to clearners on this pitch like he was taken by BD boys in World Cup .
Look at his ODI strike rate, guy is a wicket taker. He thrives on removing top order batsmen and takes pitch out of the equation.. Nehra/ZK missing today too or would have been better. Hope Dinda gets a run.
To be honest, Sree is a genuine pacer when fully fit and in form. He has natural pace with swing, a deadly combination. He bowls consistently 140+. And can swing at that pace. Sometimes, he sacrifices a lil bit of speed to get more swing and ideal release out of his hand. But, the main big, very big problem with him, that irritates the hell out of me, is his fitness.
Yes and yes! He does seem to get loads of freak injuries which is irritating. I am hoping this long recovery period he has had will get rid of all niggles.
^ He said himself he is close to bowling 150k. And in WC final he was bowling 145k plus. I rememeber TV showed one at 148k. He was going all out' date=' what a player![/quote'] Sreesanth tries to bowl as quick as he can. It is 145kph and absolutely all over the place. The WC final was an example that he should not try to bowl too quick.
Excellent bowling' date=' pace, swing, serious venom. We really have a joker attack currently. In wc it was good with ZK, Nehra, Munaf, Sree and Bhajji. We clearly lack depth in the bowling department.[/quote'] Sree contributed nothing to the world cup campaign. ZK, Nehra, Munaf showed that an attack does not need pace to succeed, even in subcontinental conditions. A high quality quick is always handy, but as is a high quality medium pacer.
Sree contributed nothing to the world cup campaign. ZK' date=' Nehra, Munaf showed that an attack does not need pace to succeed, even in subcontinental conditions. A high quality quick is always handy, but as is a high quality medium pacer.[/quote'] Not quite sure why you are just talking about his one off wc final game and also saying pace is not everything. I have no argument with either. I am not a pace fanatic just responding on this thread. As I have said previously Sree bowls best when between 135-140k with good swing and seam. It helps him slowing it down a touch. But I highlighting the guy CAN bowl quick if he chooses. ZK, Nehra btw bowled with pace in wc 2003. You don't need pace but you need skills of which pace is just one dimension. Our current attack lacks all this.
http://www.thatscricket.com/news/2012/02/18/vinay-works-the-hardest-than-anyone-else-simons.html Simons, who is on his last assignment with the Indian team, after being sacked by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said: "He (Yadav) bowls out-swing at 145-plus speed. He is an incredible athlete, has great strength and stamina. The batsmen actually find him 150kmph because of his rhythmical and easy action. He is one of the most exciting young fast bowler in the world today.". "Vinay Kumar works hardest than anyone else. There are guys with natural skills and then there are those with hard work ethics. He always seems to enjoy, always working on his wrist position, batting and fielding," Simons added. On pace spearhead, Zaheer Khan, the South African said: "Zaheer Khan has good craft and has ability to teach them (the youngsters). He has worked really and wants to be available as often as possible. He is mentally keen to do well and is excited about it. As long as he stays motivated and puts that effort physically, he should be around." Simmons, however, was disappointed with S Sreesanth. (hahahahahhaha) "Unfortunately, the batsmen of today and the way the game has evolved, it's all about consistency. You just can't bowl only 3-4 good balls in the over. (owned by the coach) "(Ben) Hilfenhaus has kept it so simple and is successful. It's about executing your plans well," Simons added. Simmons gave an insight as to why a lot of Indian bowlers are not as patient abroad as they ought to be. "The bowlers have to rely on innovations and variations as there is not much in wickets in India. But abroad it's just about being patient and sticking to game plans. These are the lessons we have to learn." On his coaching experience with the Indian team, he said: "We had this great hope of learning from England. We are disappointed in the way both England and Australia have gone. We are capable of much better. There were key moments but we just couldn't drive home the advantage and be in a winning position. "I would have also liked guys like Ishant to move forward and take more five-wicket hauls. I would have loved them to have more rewards than they have had." Simmons' next coaching assignment is with the Delhi Daredevils team in the upcoming IPL, but he hasn't thought much about his long-term plans. "I will be with Delhi Daredevils. I have some business in Cape Town and I would go back to (it) post IPL. I have been involved in various places but there's no decision yet," he said. "Two years with the Indian team has improved my understanding as a person. It's been an enriching experience and hopefully I have left some mark on the players." ThatsCricket :hail::hail::hail: