Symonds seen as spin twin

King

Something that Australia lacks is a world class spinner. MacGill showed that he isn't Warnie last time India visited Australia. He will have his days but will not run through opponents like Warnie. It'll be interesting this summer down under.

Saqlain Mushtaq and Narendra Hirwani are two bowlers who had outstanding starts to their test careers , but later fizzled out Donny. But i hope you get to see my actual point. Its easy to perform in patches , but not so easy to do so over many years. And surely you couldnt say Clark and Mcgill are actual "Replacements" to Mcgrath and Warne. Clark is 32 , how old is Mcgill ? 34 ?
Astray on all points, mm. :regular_smile: 1. You said you could quote numbers. You didn't. 2. Allow me. :wink_smile: It took Saqlain 12 Tests to get 47 wickets and at a cost of 36.17 runs per wicket. Hardly a similar comparison and Saqqi is not in 'oblivion'. Hirwani is a bit closer to the mark but took 16 wickets in his first Test whereas Clark has one 5fa. Hirwani reached 48 wickets in 10 Tests @ 25 runs per wicket. 3. Over many years ? Who can tell that ? We are talking about 2 players with excellent present Test form. 4. Clark is 32 ? So what ? That makes him 5 years younger than McGrath.
Something that Australia lacks is a world class spinner. MacGill showed that he isn't Warnie last time India visited Australia. He will have his days but will not run through opponents like Warnie. It'll be interesting this summer down under.
Does it surprise you, Ravi, that MacGilla has a better Test strike rate than Warney and takes more wickets per Test than 'the greatest leg spinner of last century'. And he's played 40 Tests. Not 9 or 10 or 25. :regular_smile: