Shame On You Bcci

Our mindset is that we think we can beat Pakis in all the fields except cricket & hockey.. and cricket matters to more people than hockey
I think it has lot to do with emotions.We Indians are quite emotional and cricket is something that makes us emotional.Business on the other hand nobody cares.
Our mindset is that we think we can beat Pakis in all the fields except cricket & hockey.. and cricket matters to more people than hockey
when was the last time any Indian felt they would lose to Pakistan in cricket because its been a long time since I felt they are superior to us in cricket, A LONG TIME
IDK - but this is getting out of hand now. [1] I was in the middle of the Mumbai Riots in 1993 as a child amidst a firing [2] I was at CST station when the firing took place in 2008 [3] I was in one train ahead of the Ghatkopar railway bomb blasts in 2002
Are you an ISI agent by any chance :winky:

To folks who think it's a good idea to reume bi-lateral ties with Pakis have you thought about the security related issues? We have seen plenty of times that Paki cricket fans go missing in India and pose serious security risks for us. Who knows they might be part of ISI's sleeper cell network. It has already happened in the past and you can read the reports below... http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/11-pakistani-fans-go-missing-after-india-pakistan-cricket-series/1/193134.html http://www.indianexpress.com/news/pakistani-visitor-who-came-to-watch-mohali-match-goes-missing/774828/ http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_24-4-2005_pg7_6 http://www.thenews24x7.com/nation/north/11012--1283-pakistani-nationals-go-missing-after-entering-india Clearly ISI/Paki terrorists use cricket as a means of sending in their agents and post 26/11 it would be a height of naivity to resume ties with Pakis when Pakis haven't done anything to check terrorism against India. In fact Gavaskar, for a change, made pertinent points about the decision in his recent statement... http://in.news.yahoo.com/gavaskar-slams-india-pakistan-cricket-series-revival-125809995.html

Are you an ISI agent by any chance :winky:
I am an average person living in Mumbai. It was posted for Mr. Sarkar who has talking about hamare Marathi Bhai ka Khoon. I know how it feels like to board a Mumbai local knowing you won't come back. Not just this my complete extended family is in Mumbai. As much as I blame Pakistan for initiating/financing this terror, I blame 10x more on Indians who can't protect me in my OWN country.

I decided to do a little digging on this. Here's some facts for you. India's exports to Pakistan below (figures in USD Million) 2007-2008 1,950.53 2008-2009 1,439.88 2009-2010 1,573.32 2010-2011 2,039.53 Anyone who would think cricket can "hit" Pakistan should first sort the above out first rather than crying on ICF for cancellation of an ODI bilateral series.

IDK - but this is getting out of hand now. [1] I was in the middle of the Mumbai Riots in 1993 as a child amidst a firing [2] I was at CST station when the firing took place in 2008 [3] I was in one train ahead of the Ghatkopar railway bomb blasts in 2002 Let me tell you something. We need to protect ourselves from us. Twice in 1993 and in 2008 the bomb attackers entered our country via the exact same route. YES exact same feCKing route. Sure, Pakistan has a hand to play in all these but how does stopping cricket help? Use some sense man. I have been more affected in these incidents (the Marathi bhais you are talking about - Taj madhye majhe mitra hote tujhe nahi, he sarv sangoon to bhadkaavu nakos lokanna) than you do but more than anything I know that before we point fingers at anyone others we need to cover our bases.
Wow! Dont quite know what to say. Must have been terrible to live through it all. Glad to see u have kept your cool though :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:
Wow! Dont quite know what to say. Must have been terrible to live through it all. Glad to see u have kept your cool though :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:
Lurker - Thanks but an average person here could narrate so much more incidents; it's not just me. But, I honestly believe that when you're driving the road it's your responsibility not to be duped. It's not like India is the only country which has terrorism. Some countries do a better job at handling terrorism than India. Also, it's important to not make this a Congress vs. BJP issue. We all know during whose reign the Kargil incident happened. There's a serious lack in objectivity when we talk about an ODI series "affecting" Pakistan. If we really want to hit them stop the 2000 odd Million dollar trade with them and impose an embargo. That will HIT them not an ODI bilateral series.
I decided to do a little digging on this. Here's some facts for you. India's exports to Pakistan below (figures in USD Million) 2007-2008 1,950.53 2008-2009 1,439.88 2009-2010 1,573.32 2010-2011 2,039.53 Anyone who would think cricket can "hit" Pakistan should first sort the above out first rather than crying cricket.
I think you missed the point that I raised in my earlier posts and maybe I can summarise it here... 1. In 90s and later in 2000s the Indian govt along with BCCI decided to cut bi-lateral cricketing ties with Pakistan due to Pakistan sponsoring terrorism against India. Maybe it was to stop Paki terrorists coming in to India posing as cricket fans as I've mentioned in my previous post or it was to put pressure on Pakistan. Either way the decision was taken by the govt & BCCI. 2. Indian fans/public didn't ask govt to make that decision. It was unilaterally decided by the govt and we supported the stand underdtanding the fact that there are things bigger than cricket and our safety/security/nation comes ahead of cricket. 3. Nothing has changed since the govt & BCCI stopped the bi-lateral ties. Pakis haven't done anything to stop terrorism against India, nor did they do anything to apprehend 26/11 attackers & perperators. In fact likes of Dawood Ibrahim, Maulana Azhar and Hafiz Saeed are roaming in Pakiland spreading against India as usual and who knows planning another terrorist strike. 4. Enough evidence has already been presented to Paki authorities regarding Paki nationals who were involved in 26/11 attack. Initially Paki denied point blank that they were Paki citizens but with so much proof they can't deny it anymore. Plus with Headley confessions it's clear ISI was in the planning as well. On top of that we have already seen multiple incidents over the past 20 years, i.e. 93 B'bay blasts, 99 Kargil, Kandhar hijacking, attack on Indian parliament and finally 26/11. 5. In fact some of the incidents may have been committed or masterminded by the so called Paki cricket fans who went missing in India as my previous post mentions. 6. Now after this, govt & BCCI suddenly give the go-ahead to the resumption of bi-lateral cricketing ties. Our criticism is quite reasonable - why the sudden change of heart when nothing has changed? In fact officially the 26/11 enquiry still hasn't been completed/finished. Don't we expect a reasonable response to the sudden turn-around as we look like fools with this about-face. Outsider made a good point that there may have been some under the table dealings where let's say some Indian fishermen may have been released as a trade-off to the series. But in this case don't we deserve the information? It's not as if the deal will be off if we get to know about it. We, Indian cricket fans and Indian public/citizens in general, are the most important stakeholder in this case both from cricketing and security standpoints. So why no explanation for this turn-around? Hence this thread and the title, but I would have changed the title to "Shame on Indian govt & BCCI" instead of simply slating BCCI. If you don't have the balls to follow up on your resolution why do it in the first place? Nobody asked govt/BCCI to break cricketing ties with Pakistan but when you have made the decision (right or wrong) at least stick to it. If you are not going to respect yourself who will?
IDK - but this is getting out of hand now. [1] I was in the middle of the Mumbai Riots in 1993 as a child amidst a firing [2] I was at CST station when the firing took place in 2008 [3] I was in one train ahead of the Ghatkopar railway bomb blasts in 2002
:omg:
U_G' date=' I agree to these points. The only place where I disagree is "not holding a series hurts Pakistan". All of the other points you've made are very much valid.[/quote'] It does hurt Pakistan in the sense they cannot make money from cricket. They need India to generate revenues and it's a pretty good pressure tactic to ostracize them while rest of the cricketing world makes money. But either way it's a moot point as the main discussion item is what has changed in the meantime for this reversal in policy with regards to the bilateral ties.
It does hurt Pakistan in the sense they cannot make money from cricket. They need India to generate revenues and it's a pretty good pressure tactic to ostracize them while rest of the cricketing world makes money. But either way it's a moot point as the main discussion item is what has changed in the meantime for this reversal in policy with regards to the bilateral ties.
Easy answer - Nothing. And that would also beg the question if nothing changed in 2 years, what would change in 20 years?? Look, we can all look at external reasons, and rightfully so. But what about internal reasons? Did you expect Mumbai Police to suddenly have a big recruitment drive where all the smarties of India would line up? Or did you expect top Cops from all over India to resign and move over to ATF and replace Salaskar, Kamaths etc?? The less said about political will the better. Point being as usual nobody is willing to take any responsibility and/or sacrifices, so why should cricket take a hit. It is a soft target isn't it?
Easy answer - Nothing. And that would also beg the question if nothing changed in 2 years' date= what would change in 20 years?? Look, we can all look at external reasons, and rightfully so. But what about internal reasons? Did you expect Mumbai Police to suddenly have a big recruitment drive where all the smarties of India would line up? Or did you expect top Cops from all over India to resign and move over to ATF and replace Salaskar, Kamaths etc?? The less said about political will the better. Point being as usual nobody is willing to take any responsibility and/or sacrifices, so why should cricket take a hit. It is a soft target isn't it?
Let's take both the points... 1. Nothing has changed and won't in the next 20 years. If that's the case let's not have a bilateral series for 20 years. When you make a tough stand you don't go "Ok, so we will make the call but if it doesn't work for us we will go back on our words". You need to at least be willing to stand by your word. If you can't then don't take such stands and making a fool of yourself. Going back on their stand has left us with an egg on our face coz now anyone can ask us "So why did you cut off the bilateral ties in the first place again?" and we wouldn't have a leg to stand on. 2. Why should cricket take a hit? I have already mentioned in my earlier post that any of us nominated cricket to take the hit, but somehow the govt & BCCI deemed it fit. Again, this was a decision made by the govt and we stood by the decision. Now why are we going back on the decision? Do you know how it makes us look in front of others? They can laugh and snigger and claim what a bunch of idiots we are for initially unilaterally deciding not to have any ties with Pak cricket and then suddenly we are fine with having bi-lateral ties with them. India is already considered a soft state by everyone and this decision simply reinforces the point.
sohail tanvir will probably be in the squad I for 1 am hoping the FTB's finish his career and sami.
It's ironic a Paki is calling Indian batsmen FTB :hysterical: As for these FTBs, it's funny how they have made Pakis their bi@tch when it matters everywhere - right from Aus to SA to Eng :giggle: