Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

Hello cabinet96 welcome to ICF . I know you from cricketweb.
Who are you?
Yes a no.1 team that hasn't won a test series in Asia ( IND' date=' PAK,SL) for a decade. :hysterical::hysterical:. Only England fans can gloat for being such a no.1 team.[/quote'] Because the last number 1 team was just so much better? I do find the constant mocking of the England team from India fans very amusing. You're in no position to be mocking teams for being what you consider "only good at home" or what not. Fact is, there are few teams who I would back to beat everyone everywhere, and that's because the field is very even at the moment. South Africa would perhaps be the only team who I think could easily beat every team everywhere, but they lack consistency and rarely even win series. I'd back them to win a test in India every day of the week, but I wouldn't back them to win a test series against any top 6 side. You can talk about England's failings in Asia, and India's failings in England and Australia until the cows come home. And FTR, India were belted in nearly every test, not performing in any department. At least England bowled well and lost most of their tests by 70 odd runs. And I'm pretty sure India fans gloated about being number 1 despite an average England side being the only notable win outside of Asia for a long time, and even that was with plenty of help from the weather. Heh. Comment reeks of jealousy. You may not agree with the ranking system, but it's the only one around for now so you might as well get used to it. I saw few Indian fans pointing out it's flaws when India were number 1, in fact I see few Indian fans pointing out its flaws now, they just say it's "fake". England have been the best side over the last 3 or so years, and that's why they're number 1. I.e. they have won more series than other teams, and lost less. If you don't like that being the judge of teams, then deal with it. Out of curiosity, do you have anything that you think is a better judge of teams? If so I'd love to see it.
Because the last number 1 team was just so much better? I do find the constant mocking of the England team from India fans very amusing. You're in no position to be mocking teams for being what you consider "only good at home" or what not. Fact is, there are few teams who I would back to beat everyone everywhere, and that's because the field is very even at the moment. South Africa would perhaps be the only team who I think could easily beat every team everywhere, but they lack consistency and rarely even win series. I'd back them to win a test in India every day of the week, but I wouldn't back them to win a test series against any top 6 side. You can talk about England's failings in Asia, and India's failings in England and Australia until the cows come home. And FTR, India were belted in nearly every test, not performing in any department. At least England bowled well and lost most of their tests by 70 odd runs. .
No matter what the excuse is fact is England haven't won a test series in SC against IND,PAK,SL in a decade . And as for India's performance in ENG , we have managed to win a series there in last decade. ENG haven't managed to do that in India in last 28 years. This is extremely laughable record. And when we toured OZ , we weren't no.1. So fact is ENG is the only no.1 to get whitewashed and yet clinging to their no.1 ranking. You lost to a no.6 ranked team 3-0 and your excuse is we lost by 70 runs. :hysterical::hysterical:
No matter what the excuse is fact is England haven't won a test series in SC against IND' date='PAK,SL in a decade . And as for India's performance in ENG , we have managed to win a series there in last decade. ENG haven't managed to do that in India in last 28 years. This is extremely laughable record. And when we toured OZ , we weren't no.1. So fact is ENG is the only no.1 to get whitewashed and yet clinging to their no.1 ranking. You lost to a no.6 ranked team 3-0 and your excuse is we lost by 70 runs. :hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] The rankings may say Pakistan are number 6, but they're obviously a stronger test nation than India and Sri Lanka at the moment. As for the 70 run excuse. Well my point is, with a bit of luck, we easily could have won 4 tests out of 5 in Asia that season. Things such as Trott getting ill in Abu Dhabi, exposing out out of form middle order early than otherwise would've been. Prior getting caught in short leg's midriff when we were coasting it in Galle. And not to mention losing 4 out of 5 tosses in that time. While the batsmen, and in particular middle order, failed horrifically, we actually passed 300 in both series, something India couldn't do in England. We actually bowled remarkable well in both the UAE and Sri Lanka and didn't once let either of them pass 400, while in England and Australia you were in danger of letting Cook and Clarke do that alone. Also, our performance actually improved as time went on. Whereas on the contrary, you started kinda OK at Lords, but then got progressively worse throughout both series. England fought incredibly hard only for a batting collapse to cost us all the hard work we did in the field. Whereas your boys really looked like they didn't give a ****. Sehwag was happy to jeopardise his tour to play IPL, and was seen leaving the field early after his side had gone a day taking a mighty 3 wickets. There was no attempt by India to change things, they just kept doing the same **** over and over again, even if it didn't work. They sent out young players to do interviews and senior players refused to take responsibility. They disgraced cricket during those tours with their play, but also with their attitude To even compare England's loss in the UAE, to India's series defeats in Australia and England is a joke. Also I don't understand why what happened in the last decade should have any influence in what the rankings are now. We also lost several Ashes series in the 1990's and early 2,000, but guess what, they're not a factor in the rankings. Point is, the series that count in the rankings are the following: India in New Zealand 0-1 India in South Africa 1-1 India in the West Indies 0-1 India in England 4-0 India in Australia 4-0 England in India 1-0 England in Bangladesh 0-2 England and Pakistan in the UAE 3-0 England in Sri Lanka 1-1 So counting all overseas tests for England and India, their records overseas are as following: India: Won - 3 Lost - 9 Drawn - 5 England: Won - 3 Lost - 5 Drawn - 1 And you're trying to say India have been better away from home than England recently? :cantstop: What England did in the past has no relevance in rankings and judgements of teams today, and for you to use it as an argument for England failings, then you're quite simply trolling. Secondly, to somehow come to the confusion that England have been worse than India away form home recently, is just hilariously stupid and ignorant. Not only have you lost much more tests with a worse win loss ratio, but you also got hammed in every test loss. England, bar the first test in Dubai, we're competitive in every test, and bar a bit of brilliance from the likes of Tendulkar and Jayawardene. We wouldn't even be having this conversation.
India had to wait till Australian aura ended to get to no.1. England had to wait till India also faded. Some no.1 team that ,
India didn't fade. They were just exposed to high quality opposition in tough conditions for the first time in a while and duly got hammered. Interesting to note the likes of Sehwag "returned to form" in the IPL. People like him we're never out of form or past it, they were just exposed as the hacks they were.

^^^^^ Fact is India won 2 test series outside SC . And England won 0 test series in Asia. No matter how much excuse you bring up . Fact is: 1. IND have won 4 test series outside Asia last decade 2. ENG have won 0 test series in Asia against IND, PAK,SL last decade. Basically you are trolling and it is hilarious you are trying to hide England's grand 0 test series victory in Asia against IND, PAK,SL last decade. :hysterical::hysterical:

India didn't fade. They were just exposed to high quality opposition in tough conditions for the first time in a while and duly got hammered. Interesting to note the likes of Sehwag "returned to form" in the IPL. People like him we're never out of form or past it, they were just exposed as the hacks they were.
Just like England have been consistently exposed in Asia in last decade.:cantstop: Funny likes of Bell , Cook , Strauss , Pietersen,Trott who barely average 40 in Asia against IND, PAK,SL made merry of WI attack. :hysterical::hysterical: What a joke England batting is . They are yet to produce a player like Tendulkar, Dravid, Gavaskar who could bat in all condition. Ian Bell = Technique of Dravid and Sachin according to English fans :hysterical::hysterical:

What the **** are you talking about? If you're using history of the game as a reason for India's glory, then you fall behind England in that regard, sorry fella. I make no excsues for the **** side we were in the early noughties, we were the worst test side in the world FFS. I'm talking about NOW. How is that difficult to understand?

Just like England have been consistently exposed in Asia in last decade.:cantstop: Funny likes of Bell , Cook , Strauss , Pietersen,Trott who barely average 40 in Asia against IND, PAK,SL made merry of WI attack. :hysterical::hysterical:
Yes, and you don't see my using the "form" or fading excuse. To say the likes of Bell and Cook faded after the India series, would indeed by hysterical.
Yes' date=' and you don't see my using the "form" or fading excuse. To say the likes of Bell and Cook faded after the India series, would indeed by hysterical.[/quote'] So Indian team didn't fade. You had Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman struggling to put bat on ball in Australia and they have not faded. Unless you want to say current OZ attack is better than WI attack of 1996, SA attack now .
So Indian team didn't fade. You had Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman struggling to put bat on ball in Australia and they have not faded. Unless you want to say current OZ attack is better than WI attack of 1996, SA attack now .
So Tendulkar dramatically faded in 6 months after being in peak form in SA and the WC? Interesting, you would have thought the process would be more gradual. And FTR, I do think the current Aussies attack is better than the one you faced in SA. That SA attack wasn't anything special.
What the **** are you talking about? If you're using history of the game as a reason for India's glory, then you fall behind England in that regard, sorry fella.
So even now England haven't won a test series against IND, PAK, SL in last 3 attempts. Only WI,NZ has dubious record. Apart from ENG,WI and NZ , every team has managed to win a test series outside Asia for SC teams and test series in Asia for ENG,NZ,OZ,SA,WI.
So Tendulkar dramatically faded in 6 months after being in peak form in SA and the WC? Interesting, you would have thought the process would be more gradual. And FTR, I do think the current Aussies attack is better than the one you faced in SA. That SA attack wasn't anything special.
YES. Otherwise he would have managed to get atleast 1 ton against WI at home or ENG tour or OZ tour. Did you watch his 140 ball century in Asia cup. India's middle order is finished. And btw the Pakistan side that whitewashed you couldn't win a test series in WI. And India with many players rested won series in WI.
So even now England haven't won a test series against IND' date=' PAK, SL in last 3 attempts. Only WI,NZ has dubious record. Apart from ENG,WI and NZ , every team has managed to win a test series outside Asia for SC teams and test series in Asia for ENG,NZ,OZ,SA,WI.[/quote'] Forgetting the bashing we received in England and Australia quiet recently? :giggle::((
So even now England haven't won a test series against IND' date=' PAK, SL in last 3 attempts. Only WI,NZ has dubious record. Apart from ENG,WI and NZ , every team has managed to win a test series outside Asia for SC teams and test series in Asia for ENG,NZ,OZ,SA,WI.[/quote'] And yet our recored in the SC is still much better than yours is outside the SC. And you played 6 tests against sides who are all much worse than SL, Pak and Ind, winning a grand total of 2 tests.
Forgetting the bashing we received in England and Australia quiet recently? :giggle::((
Where am i saying we are no.1 ? We are a crap team now. But ENG fans can't gloat of being ranked no.1 after being whitewashed by no.6 ranked Pakistan. That Pakistan team couldn't beat no.8 ranked WI.
Where am i saying we are no.1 ? We are a crap team now. But ENG fans can't gloat of being ranked no.1 after being whitewashed by no.6 ranked Pakistan. That Pakistan team couldn't beat no.8 ranked WI.
I'm with you. :blink: England sure is not crap imo. Although, Dernbach lacks character, Finn lacks accuracy. Trust me though, Australia will sort you out this time around. :finger:
And yet our recored in the SC is still much better than yours is outside the SC. And you played 6 tests against sides who are all much worse than SL' date=' Pak and Ind, winning a grand total of 2 tests.[/quote'] Yes the same WI team that defeated your side last time you toured WI. The same WI team, Pak couldn't beat and yet they whitewashed you. No matter how much you put up spin , winning test series is more important that winning test. I would prefer a 1-0 win in 5 match test series anyday over 2-3 loss. Unless ENG manage to win atleast a test series in Asia against IND, PAK,SL their claim to no.1 will be hollow. I am saying to win 1 test series not win at every place. Comeon the self declared best bowling line up can't win 1 test series in Asia.