Yuvraj will show his worth in this series

Ram

When the bowling gets better and the ball starts moving' date=' Yuvraj will choke. For that matter so does and will the entire team.[/quote'] Whatever hist short comings Yoda but it takes something special to be able to consistently score more than at run a ball not with standing what number he bats. Of late I see he has increased his range of shots. No more is he attempting just a lame sweep shot against the spinners, he is strong off both front and back foot. In particular his straight bat pull over deep mid wicket off the spinner is one hell of a shot and requires fantastic timing along with bat speed. Not many can play a shot like that consistently.
Whatever hist short comings Yoda but it takes something special to be able to consistently score more than at run a ball not with standing what number he bats. Of late I see he has increased his range of shots. No more is he attempting just a lame sweep shot against the spinners' date=' he is strong off both front and back foot. In particular his straight bat pull over deep mid wicket off the spinner is one hell of a shot and requires fantastic timing along with bat speed. Not many can play a shot like that consistently.[/quote'] Yuvraj is batting like like dream these days. We need to get him a place in the test. But in who should he he replace? Should the selectors take a hard chance now?

Ganguly will be gone in 12 months max. Yuvraj needs to hang for a bit more. Wonder what he would be feeling , having seen a relative newcomer like Karthik make his way into the test team ahead of , inspite of him being India's best batsman in one dayers for the last 2 years.

Tendulkar sucks in Test cricket now - he can't score big runs anymore. Yuvraj on the other hand, is in the form of his life. During the short period of time when they were both in the Test side, Yuvraj was comfortably outscoring Tendulkar. Yuvraj's batting averages from the series vs SL 'til the series vs ENG was 43. During that same time-frame, Tendulkar averaged 27.91. Even on current form, Tendulkar can't average higher than 40 - Yuvraj is more than capable of matching, or even bettering that if he is given a consistent run in the side instead of a few on-and-off opportunities at short notice.

*off topic response* Its about time we threw away the fixation with numbers and focussed on the actual contribution in that series. Sachin may not have averaged more than 50 in the england series , but he played a VITAL role in securing India's victory in the series with his innings in the 2nd and third test. His average doesnt look that great because he got out at inconsequential times in the 2nd innings of both the 2nd third test. He can and will score centuries soon. Its just a matter of time.

Sachin may not have averaged more than 50 in the england series , but he played a VITAL role in securing India's victory in the series with his innings in the 2nd and third test. His average doesnt look that great because he got out at inconsequential times in the 2nd innings of both the 2nd third test. .
It's not just the numbers. The numbers are a side-point. Tendulkar jsut doesn't look that dominant anymore. Yuvraj can do whatever Tendulkar did and then some.
It's not just the numbers. The numbers are a side-point. Tendulkar jsut doesn't look that dominant anymore. Yuvraj can do whatever Tendulkar did and then some.
As i have said before, Yuvraj will soon bear the burden of carrying India's entire batting line-up on his shoulders in 12-15 months. Its just a matter of time. He can dominate India's batting landscape for another 4-5 years like Sachin did in the mid 90's. Till that time , we still need these old war-horses.
Tendulkar sucks in Test cricket now - he can't score big runs anymore. Yuvraj on the other hand, is in the form of his life. During the short period of time when they were both in the Test side, Yuvraj was comfortably outscoring Tendulkar. Yuvraj's batting averages from the series vs SL 'til the series vs ENG was 43. During that same time-frame, Tendulkar averaged 27.91. Even on current form, Tendulkar can't average higher than 40 - Yuvraj is more than capable of matching, or even bettering that if he is given a consistent run in the side instead of a few on-and-off opportunities at short notice.
I don't agree with this reason, Predz. Don't tell me you are also going to churn out meaningless numbers here as your reason. I wanted a meaningful discussion here. Don't tell me that Tendulkar's 91 and 82 were less in number and were meaningless in the context of the series.
I don't agree with this reason, Predz. Don't tell me you are also going to churn out meaningless numbers here as your reason. I wanted a meaningful discussion here. Don't tell me that Tendulkar's 91 and 82 were less in number and were meaningless in the context of the series.
Am i saying that those knocks were meaningless ? Why do you keep isolating that 91 and that 82 ? Look at his contribution throughout the series. Does he look like a prolific run scorer to you ? I want to see India field their strongest XI possible and Tendulkar doesn't figure in that, i'm afraid. I don't understand why you are so steadfast in your defence of Tendulkar. How can anyone ignore a guy who has averaged 50 in his last two seasons of top flight cricket ? Yuvraj is a run-machine and warrants inclusion in that Test XI because of his recent form and his improvement as a middle order batsman.
Am i saying that those knocks were meaningless ? Why do you keep isolating that 91 and that 82 ? Look at his contribution throughout the series. Does he look like a prolific run scorer to you ?
Ummm... Yes. He was the third highest run scorer for us in the entire series, which means three of the main batsmen scored less than him. And you didn't tell me why not omit Dada or Laxman or Dravid instead, for Yuvi. After that only can I decide who to defend and who not to.
Ummm... Yes. He was the third highest run scorer for us in the entire series, which means three of the main batsmen scored less than him. And you didn't tell me why not omit Dada or Laxman or Dravid instead, for Yuvi. After that only can I decide who to defend and who not to.
Ganguly has been India's best test batsman since making his comeback. Dravid is indispensable because he is the captain. Laxman still scores consistently despite the fact that he has limited scoring opportunities playing all the way down at #6 and sometimes has to throw his wicket away. Notice how he averaged more runs per wicket than Tendulkar in the recently concluded Test series vs ENG. Tendulkar is the weakest link in this middle order and Yuvraj's presence would strengthen the Indian batting lineup significantly
Am i saying that those knocks were meaningless ? Why do you keep isolating that 91 and that 82 ? Look at his contribution throughout the series. Does he look like a prolific run scorer to you ? I want to see India field their strongest XI possible and Tendulkar doesn't figure in that, i'm afraid. I don't understand why you are so steadfast in your defence of Tendulkar. How can anyone ignore a guy who has averaged 50 in his last two seasons of top flight cricket ? Yuvraj is a run-machine and warrants inclusion in that Test XI because of his recent form and his improvement as a middle order batsman.
Preds you sound silly. Your ant sachin rants even though he is batting very well and scoring lots of runs is just dumb. You need to swallow humble pie and admit he has proved you wrong. No shame in that. If Crapthan came back and bowled brilliantly I would be first to recognise his worth. Be sensible preds and tyep what is best for the indian team not your ego
Preds you sound silly. Your ant sachin rants even though he is batting very well and scoring lots of runs is just dumb. You need to swallow humble pie and admit he has proved you wrong. No shame in that. If Crapthan came back and bowled brilliantly I would be first to recognise his worth. Be sensible preds and tyep what is best for the indian team not your ego
My ego...:haha: I've missed you dsr, welcome back dude
Ganguly has been India's best test batsman since making his comeback. Dravid is indispensable because he is the captain. Laxman still scores consistently despite the fact that he has limited scoring opportunities playing all the way down at #6 and sometimes has to throw his wicket away. Notice how he averaged more runs per wicket than Tendulkar in the recently concluded Test series vs ENG. Tendulkar is the weakest link in this middle order and Yuvraj's presence would strengthen the Indian batting lineup significantly
:haha: Ganguly still has a fundamental weakness against the short ball and the swinging ball outside off-stump. Laxman is a wasted talent at 6. He has not shown that he can shepherd the tail , or play attacking cricket and add some useful runs. Dravid is on the wane. And here we have Sachin labeled the weakest link... Truly amusing. Sachin is as good/useful as the other three batsman listed in that comparison. If anything , Laxman should make way for Yuvraj, because he is an attacking batsman who can score quick runs when batting with the tail. Yuvraj would have replaced Laxman in the third test , had laxman failed totally in the second. Laxman is living on borrowed time.
:haha: Ganguly still has a fundamental weakness against the short ball and the swinging ball outside off-stump. Laxman is a wasted talent at 6. He has not shown that he can shepherd the tail , or play attacking cricket and add some useful runs. Dravid is on the wane. And here we have Sachin labeled the weakest link... Truly amusing. .
I don't give a flying f*ck about Ganguly's "weakness against the short ball". What a load of horse-sh*t. He has been India's best batsman since the South African tour. He is undroppable at the moment, like him or not. Laxman scored just 20 odd runs less than Tendulkar and that too at a higher average. Can't play attacking cricket ? Did you sleep through his fifty in the third test ? If anything, he should be batting in Tendulkar's position and Yuvraj can fill in at #6. Tendulkar can go play Kanga League cricket with his buddy Vinod Kambli :hysterical:
I don't give a flying f*ck about Ganguly's "weakness against the short ball". What a load of horse-sh*t. He has been India's best batsman since the South African tour. He is undroppable at the moment' date=' like him or not. [/quote'] Oh yea.. India's best batsman with 4-5 centuries and a couple of double of centuries to his name since his comeback right ? :haha: Someone would just be tempted to think Ganguly is giving Ponting a run for his money as the world's best batsman, seeing all your out-of-the-way praise for him. Unstoppable at the moment ? Oh please... Spare me the gut-hurting laughter... He is good , better than he was when he was dropped. But to use terms like " He is unstoppable" ... Wohoo.. Keep up the wishful thinking ! Good luck ! And just to keep you happy , lets take the South African series as the timeline. Wonder how many more test runs Ganguly scored over Sachin. In terms of the pure math , Sachin would ahead of Ganguly coz of his 2 centuries against the Bangladesh. But leaving aside those two , if you are gonna say that Ganguly is a categorically better batsman than Sachin , then you are fooling yourself. The master is as good as anyone in the Indian batting order line-up right now. It is no co-incidence that EVERYTIME sachin has scored on this tour, we have won.
Laxman scored just 20 odd runs less than Tendulkar and that too at a higher average. Can't play attacking cricket ? Did you sleep through his fifty in the third test ? If anything, he should be batting in Tendulkar's position and Yuvraj can fill in at #6.
Feel free to read my post again. I clearly have said Laxman doesnt seem to have the capability of adding quick runs when batting with the tail, which is the primary job of a test no.6 In the third test , he batted mainly with other proper batsman.
Tendulkar can go play Kanga League cricket with his buddy Vinod Kambli :hysterical:
And if he does that , watch your beloved Indian team suck many times over in the game called cricket. :haha: Sachin is a MAJOR reason why we have performed the way we have in this tour, be it the one-day series against S.Africa, The tour game against England Lions, the test matches or the present one day series ( where he has had to cover up for your beloved Ganguly) I like Ganguly for what he has done since his comeback. But dont over-glorify his contributions and rub off many neutral fans in the wrong way.
But to use terms like " He is unstoppable" ... Wohoo.. Keep up the wishful thinking ! Good luck !
? You are losing it. Where did i say that Ganguly was "unstoppable" ? Learn how to read, squirt
Feel free to read my post again.
Why ? I don't think it's worth reading again and i have already told you what i think of your jaundiced assessment of Tendulkar in comparision with Laxman
And if he does that ' date=' watch your beloved Indian team suck many times over in the game called cricket. :haha:[/quote'] You do know that India won a test series in WI without Tendulkar ?
Sachin is a MAJOR reason why we have performed the way we have in this tour' date=' be it the one-day series against S.Africa, The tour game against England Lions, the test matches or the present one day series).[/quote'] This discussion is about Test cricket only - the one-dayers don't come into it.