Yuvraj will show his worth in this series

Ram

You are losing it. Where did i say that Ganguly was "unstoppable" ? Learn how to read, squirt
I aint losing it one bit. Though i did make one error - I typed unstoppable instead of Un droppable . And where in the hell have i asked for Ganguly to be dropped from the team. I was responding to your totally ludicrous claim of "Sachin is the weakest link in the Indian middle-orde and therefore needs be replaced by Yuvraj Singh" . Clearly , that isnt possible in a team where ,Dravid is on the wane , Laxman is out of place at no.6 and Ganguly is still a walking wicket sometimes against high quality fast bowling. .
Why ? I don't think it's worth reading again and i have already told you what i think of your jaundiced assessment of Tendulkar in comparision with Laxman.
Ahem , when did i compare Sachin and Laxman in the first place , let alone for that comparison to be jaundiced ? Same words again to you this time matey - Learn to read . And you still havent responded to my observation that Laxman is incapable of scoring quick runs with the tail, a primary responsibility of a no.6. Is that because you failed to see what i had typed or , the masterful laxman is after all , totally incapable of that ? :haha:
You do know that India won a test series in WI without Tendulkar ?
You want to dig history ? For common sense's sake , i thought it would be best to stick to the recent past. If i start digging history myself to defend Sachin , you probably would have not a lot to say.
This discussion is about Test cricket only - the one-dayers don't come into it.
That is the lamest excuse ever. Yuvraj's performance in one dayers is the PRIMARY reason why you ( and for that matter many) have called for his inclusion into the test side. Its not like batting one dayers and tests are 2 mutually exclusive phenomena. It after all , reflects your form and rightly so. So yea, next time make sure your standards are consistent wrt all.

For a batsmen who has a career average of 33.20 from 19 test,it's baffling to me to see that he has so many takers here who are calling for his test recall In case you guys have forgotten , he averaged 17.33 in the 4 test series against Windies last year with a highest score of 39 in the first test. I still remember same argument was used after the Pak series couple of years ago wherein he played well in ODI and was selected in lieu of Laxman against England in spite of the fact that Laxman himself had a decent Pak Series. It is disappointing to see posters here completely ignore stats when it comes to replacing Yuvraj with Laxman in Test squads and use the same stats to defend other players like Ganguly or Sachin . Laxman had a decent SA series wherein he was instrumental in winning the first test match against SA and yet gets shafted in the batting order behind Ganguly just because Ganguly had marginally better series than Laxman. To add insult to injury he gets dropped from Bangla tour which enabled guys like Sachin and Ganguly to boost their Test average. If this is not raw deal , I don't know what else is !

I aint losing it one bit. Though i did make one error - I typed unstoppable instead of Un droppable .
ie; you are losing it...:hysterical::hysterical:
And where in the hell have i asked for Ganguly to be dropped from the team. I was responding to your totally ludicrous claim of "Sachin is the weakest link in the Indian middle-orde and therefore needs be replaced by Yuvraj Singh" . Clearly ' date=' that isnt possible in a team where ,Dravid is on the wane , Laxman is out of place at no.6 and Ganguly is still a walking wicket sometimes against high quality fast bowling. . [/quote'] Ganguly and Laxman averaged mroe runs per wicket than Tendulkar did in the last two Test series India played.
And you still havent responded to my observation that Laxman is incapable of scoring quick runs with the tail' date=' a primary responsibility of a no.6. Is that because you failed to see what i had typed or , the masterful laxman is after all , totally incapable of that ? :haha:[/quote'] Even an out of position Laxman, deprived of scoring opportunities when batting so far down the order averages more runs per wicket than Tendulkar. You are right (wow), Laxman is a waste of talent at #6, especially since he is a better Test batsman than Tendulkar and deserves to be batting at #4 or higher
You want to dig history ? For common sense's sake ' date=' i thought it would be best to stick to the recent past. [/quote'] zzzz. India winning in the West Indies isn't the recent past ? You say India won't play well if Tendulkar is out of the team but whenever India have played without him in the RECENT PAST, they have won - Windies series, the 3rd test vs SL at Ahmedabad, etc. Looks like your god isn't indispensable after all, eh
That is the lamest excuse ever. Yuvraj's performance in one dayers is the PRIMARY reason why you ( and for that matter many) have called for his inclusion into the test side. Its not like batting one dayers and tests are 2 mutually exclusive phenomena. It after all ' date=' reflects your form and rightly so. So yea, next time make sure your standards are consistent wrt all.[/quote'] I already told yuo that he out-scored Tendulkar when they both played together in the test team. Tendulkar has no problem scoring in ODI's, but he stil does jacksh*t in Test cricket. That is enough reason for for him to take a rest and play kanga league cricket with Vinod Kambli...:hysterical:
KR , Yuvraj is not the batsman now , that he was two years ago. If he plays test cricket NOW , he would far more effective than most Indian middle order batsman.
How do you know that Yuvi is not another Michael bevan clone ? He has been given his chances(19 tests) and yet failed to capitilize on it . And if you have watched Yuvi couple of years ago against Pak and other series, he was playing just as well in ODI. But I would agree that he is able to spin better nowadays and which I attribute to the fact that he is able to read off the hands better rather off the pitch. Keep in mind , he was sweeping a lot before because he was not able to read the spin off the hands that well before.
ie; you are losing it...:hysterical::hysterical:
So are you then ... :haha::haha:
Ganguly and Laxman averaged mroe runs per wicket than Tendulkar did in the last two Test series India played.
What a lame attempt to take refuge in meaningless numbers, especially when any fair-minded person will easily accept that Sachin contribution with the bat far over-weighs Laxman's contribution in the recent english test series. And yea , just in case you are tempted to think Ganguly did better than him then , the answer is an obvious no. Both made equally vital contributions at various stages of the series.
Even an out of position Laxman, deprived of scoring opportunities when batting so far down the order averages more runs per wicket than Tendulkar. You are right (wow), Laxman is a waste of talent at #6, especially since he is a better Test batsman than Tendulkar and deserves to be batting at #4 or higher
Keep up your meaningless harping on stupid stats such runs-per wicket , when it is obvious that Sachin has scored more runs and more important runs that Laxman in the last two test series India has played. Besides , People like Dravid , Ganguly themselves accept who is India's best batsman. I would like to think it makes sense for me to value their opinion a bit more than yours , for obvious reasons.. :hysterical:
zzzz. India winning in the West Indies isn't the recent past ? You say India won't play well if Tendulkar is out of the team but whenever India have played without him in the RECENT PAST, they have won - Windies series, the 3rd test vs SL at Ahmedabad, etc. Looks like your god isn't indispensable after all, eh
Two instances and Eureka , we have proof that that India plays better without Sachin... This is getting better and better now.. :hysterical: And it is in that same test series against Windies that Yuvraj totally sucked at a batsman , not even scoring a single 50 throughout. So , assuming that you are using that series as an all important logic to judge players and their utility to their Indian team , shall we say Yuvraj doesnt deserve a place in the Indian team ? :haha:
I already told yuo that he out-scored Tendulkar when they both played together in the test team. Tendulkar has no problem scoring in ODI's, but he stil does jacksh*t in Test cricket. That is enough reason for for him to take a rest and play kanga league cricket with Vinod Kambli...:hysterical:
:cantstop:.. Thanks for the entertainment. Sachin has scores of 2 100's , a 91 and an 82 in the last 5 test matches he played and you say he does bull in test cricket. This is biased commentary at his best, nothing more,, nothing less.
What a lame attempt to take refuge in meaningless numbers
Meaningless only when your hero comes out looking sh*t
Keep up your meaningless harping on stupid stats such runs-per wicket ' date=' when it is obvious that Sachin has scored more runs and more important runs [/quote'] Runs scored by Tendulkar are important, but runs scored by others aren't ?
So ' date=' assuming that you are using that series as an all important logic to judge players and their utility to their Indian team , shall we say Yuvraj doesnt deserve a place in the Indian team ? :haha:[/quote'] ...but i'm not ?
:cantstop:.. Thanks for the entertainment. Sachin has scores of 2 100's , a 91 and an 82 in the last 5 test matches he played and you say he does bull in test cricket. This is biased commentary at his best, nothing more,, nothing less.
You're welcome, the pleasure has been all mine. All you have shown me so far is that you can't read, you can't recognise the fact that every other Indian batsman (bar the captain, who plays anyway) has outperformed Tendulkar. Yawn, just another hero worshipper. Go ahead and have another w@nk over his hundreds against Banglastan because only you would value those cheap runs.
Meaningless only when your hero comes out looking sh*t
Ofcourse. But the only problem is , "My Hero" doesnt come out looking sh!t. That is your hope/want. Unfortunately , that aint happening.
Runs scored by Tendulkar are important, but runs scored by others aren't ?
When did i say that ? I said the runs scored by him have been on most occasions more important than others. Lets leave aside the Bangladesh series for the moment, whether it is the 99 and 93 he scored in the one day series victory against the Saffies, 171 he scored the english Lions at Chelmsford ( IMO , this innings is very crucial because we needed to make a good start to this series and he basically was the only batsman to stand-up while the rest of the batting order took leave) , or the crucial contributions he made in test 2 and 3 of the English series. Yes, Kumble made a century but hardly anybody gives a damn about it, purely because his runs came after the fate of the series was sealed. And now , in this one day series , its his vital runs at the top that is essentially covering up for a jaded batting order ( apart from Yuvraj)
...but i'm not ?
You said India did well without Sachin , pointed out the Windies series as an example and went on to say - He needs to be dropped. I quite cant figure out what else it means , other than the fact that you used that particular series as an yardstick to judge the utility of Indian players.
You're welcome, the pleasure has been all mine. All you have shown me so far is that you can't read, you can't recognise the fact that every other Indian batsman (bar the captain, who plays anyway) has outperformed Tendulkar. Yawn, just another hero worshipper. Go ahead and have another w@nk over his hundreds against Banglastan because only you would value those cheap runs.
My un-intelligent piece of mind has not been able to figure out yet on how Wasim Jaffer , Rahul Dravid , VVS Laxman have actually made more important contributions to the Indian team in tests than Sachin in the last 5 months. I humbly ask you to explain that stance of yours , if you have the time to spare.. :haha: And i also know that you are still smarting over the fact that , right after India's performance in the world cup you had gone hell for leather after Sachin and depressingly for you , he has been India's top scorer in BOTH test and one day cricket since then, making all your shrill calls for him to be dropped look a bit out-of-place ( to put it mildly). Alas , you had also predicted Karthik would fail miserably in the series , only to see him end as the top-scorer. No wonder, having totally run out of ammo , you have started name calling and all the "Go wank youself over his centuries against BD" sorta stuff. Time and time again , Sachin has vindicated his place in the Indian team in the last 5-6 months. If anybody feels he has to be dropped , its more out of a personal agenda , rather than cricketing logic.
Ofcourse. But the only problem is ' date=' "My Hero" doesnt come out looking sh!t. That is your hope/want. Unfortunately , that aint happening. [/quote'] I am sorry, but he does. Being outscored by every other batsman does make him look sh*t. I don't need to hope or want anything.
When did i say that ? I said the runs scored by him have been on most occasions more important than others.
...which is bakwaas
You said India did well without Sachin ' date=' pointed out the Windies series as an example and went on to say - He needs to be dropped. I quite cant figure out what else it means , other than the fact that you used that particular series as an yardstick to judge the utility of Indian players. [/quote'] It means that India CAN compete without Tendulkar. Dropping him now won't affect the team anywhere as much as it would have, say, 10 or even 5 years ago
My un-intelligent piece of mind has not been able to figure out yet on how Wasim Jaffer ' date=' Rahul Dravid , VVS Laxman have actually made more important contributions to the Indian team in tests than Sachin in the last 5 months.[/quote'] Jaffer and Karthik laid the foundations for the middle order to build on. India haven't had a proper opening combination in Test cricket for a long time. Those are important runs. It's worth mentioning that Laxman's innings vs SA at Jo'burg in the 2nd innings - scored when the team was falling apart - secured India's first ever Test victory in SA. His fifties on this tour were key and he played a role in drawing the Lords test - a test in which Tendulkar failed miserably. I see that Ganguly doesn't figure in your line of fire, obviously because you know that he is undroppable (not unstoppable :haha: )
And i also know that you are still smarting over the fact that ' date=' right after India's performance in the world cup you had gone hell for leather after Sachin and depressingly for you , he has been India's top scorer in BOTH test and one day cricket since then, making all your shrill calls for him to be droppped look a bit out-of-place ( to put it mildly). Alas , you had also predicted Karthik would fail miserably in the series , only to see him end as the top-scorer. No wonder, having totally run out of ammo , you have started name calling and all the "Go wank youself over his centuries against BD" sorta stuff. [/quote'] LMFAO. What are you, a mind reader ? Some kind of Ajmeri baba ? Why should i be "smarting over" Tendulkar scoring runs ? When he scores runs, India benefit. If India benefit, i am happy. Well, what am i supposed to say when you bring up hundreds against Banglastan to substantiate your arguments ? I don't value runs or wickets taken off that team, you know that. If he didn't fail in the World Cup and in every test series prior to the World Cup, he wouldn't have detractors like me. I am not a hero-worshipper like you who is so emotionally attached to certain players. I don't give a damn who scores runs and who takes wickets as long as the team wins. I just want to see India play their best XI, and in my opinion, India's best XI is one without Tendulkar. Don't like it ? Then don't read it
Time and time again ' date=' Sachin has vindicated his place in the Indian team in the last 5-6 months. If anybody feels he has to be dropped , its more out of a personal agenda , rather than cricketing logic.[/quote'] Yeah, that is right - i want Tendulkar to be dropped because i have a personal agenda against him...:hysterical: You sure have a way with words.
I am sorry' date=' but he does. Being outscored by every other batsman does make him look sh*t. I don't need to hope or want anything. [/quote'] Duh ! Care to explain what the term outscored means ? Sachin top scored in BD ( but lets forget it , i dont give it much of a damn either) , Top scored against the Saffies , Came to within 30-35 runs of the top scorer in the England series , and has top scored in the One day series again so far. Maybe they changed the meaning of the term "outscored" .. :haha:
...which is bakwaas
No its not. Anyone here would easily accept that Sachin's 82 was way more important than Kumble's century in the third test. If you cant see this FACT , forget it.
It means that India CAN compete without Tendulkar. Dropping him now won't affect the team anywhere as much as it would have, say, 10 or even 5 years ago
Yes , keep mellowing down. First you said India can win without Sachin as showed the windies series as a support tool. Now , when you yourself seem to have realized the fallacy of that argument , you claim - " India can be competitive without Sachin" . What next ? "India can play a cricket match without Sachin ? or " India can take part in the toss without Sachin ? " And whats with this "Dropping him now won't affect the team anywhere as much as it would have, say, 10 or even 5 years ago' ? Ofcourse all of us know that. But that is not what the debate is about. Its about whether Sachin deserves his place in the team , and obvious answer is - Hell Yeah !
Jaffer and Karthik laid the foundations for the middle order to build on. India haven't had a proper opening combination in Test cricket for a long time. Those are important runs. It's worth mentioning that Laxman's innings vs SA at Jo'burg in the 2nd innings - scored when the team was falling apart - secured India's first ever Test victory in SA. His fifties on this tour were key and he played a role in drawing the Lords test - a test in which Tendulkar failed miserably. I see that Ganguly doesn't figure in your line of fire, obviously because you know that he is undroppable (not unstoppable :haha: )
Ganguly doesnt figure in my line of fire not because he is undroppable/unstoppable , but because he deserves his place in the side and i accept that. It is you , who has problem , reconciling to that fact that Sachin has been India's most prolific batsman since the world cup. And i do see that you are now left with no choice but to start giving credit to Laxman for draws , when its blitheringly clear that it was because of Dhoni and some rain , that we drew that match. Go on , keep searching. Good luck.
LMFAO. What are you' date=' a mind reader ? Some kind of Ajmeri baba ? Why should i be "smarting over" Tendulkar scoring runs ? When he scores runs, India benefit. If India benefit, i am happy.[/quote'] Nope. Just that , you have been way off the mark about your predictions/assesments wrt to player performances in the past. So , it makes sense to take whatever you say with a pinch of salt. You are now calling for Sachin to be dropped and i dont think i should waste time here , stating the obvious.
Well, what am i supposed to say when you bring up hundreds against Banglastan to substantiate your arguments ? I don't value runs or wickets taken off that team, you know that.
And i have repeatedly told you that i dont value them either. I have just highlighted them , now and then , to show that he has been consistent.And FYI , what other sample space are we supposed to look at , considering that fact we want to assess player performance after the world cup ? 1999 series against Australia ?
If he didn't fail in the World Cup and in every test series prior to the World Cup, he wouldn't have detractors like me. I am not a hero-worshipper like you who is so emotionally attached to certain players. I don't give a damn who scores runs and who takes wickets as long as the team wins. I just want to see India play their best XI, and in my opinion, India's best XI is one without Tendulkar. Don't like it ? Then don't read it
Comparitive lack of performance in the past does NOT mean that player should be dropped. If that were the yardstick , Ganguly shouldnt even be in the team now. He was picked for his pedigree/experience. He delivered. Same holds true for Sachin. And we havent even started talking about Sachin current form yet ( which has been red-hot) I maybe a Sachin worshipper, but i wouldnt waste a single second calling for his head , if i thought he didnt deserve his place in the team. Its not like i spent an entire night sobbing when Ganguly/Sehwag/Pathan were dropped. And just to let you know , i have called for Sachin to be dropped one dayers for sure in 12-15 months and make his position in the test team conditional to his performances from here on.
Yeah, that is right - i want Tendulkar to be dropped because i have a personal agenda against him...:hysterical: You sure have a way with words.
If someone calls for the most prolific batsman of a team to be dropped , what else is that supposed to signify ? Wandering too much in the sun maybe ? I would probably think the term " personal agenda" has a little more dignity to it.
I maybe a Sachin worshipper.
You should have just stated this outright, Marris. It would have saved me a lot more time and i wouldn't have had to waste the site's bandwidth by arguing with you. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who is so emotionally attached to a particular player. You obviously won't be open to any different points of view, so i may as well quit now. Props to you for finally coming out with it though.
You should have just stated this outright' date=' Marris. It would have saved me a lot more time and i wouldn't have had to waste the site's bandwidth by arguing with you. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who is so emotionally attached to a particular player. You obviously won't be open to any different points of view, so i may as well quit now. Props to you for finally coming out with it.[/quote'] That post could actually be better worded as - " Look , one fine day , many months ago , I had called for Sachin to be dropped because he didnt do well in the world cup. Now , reversing that postion and supporting him is an embarrassment i simply cannot endure. So , irrespective of how well he does , i will keep calling for his head. So , dont waste your time ( Or more importantly , the site's bandwidth) trying to justify his position in the team to me". I understand Preds. Good luck , see ya again.
So are you then ... :haha::haha: What a lame attempt to take refuge in meaningless numbers, especially when any fair-minded person will easily accept that Sachin contribution with the bat far over-weighs Laxman's contribution in the recent english test series. And yea , just in case you are tempted to think Ganguly did better than him then , the answer is an obvious no. Both made equally vital contributions at various stages of the series. Keep up your meaningless harping on stupid stats such runs-per wicket , when it is obvious that Sachin has scored more runs and more important runs that Laxman in the last two test series India has played. Besides , People like Dravid , Ganguly themselves accept who is India's best batsman. I would like to think it makes sense for me to value their opinion a bit more than yours , for obvious reasons.. :hysterical:
Maris , I am really disappointed with your assessment. With all due respect , their is no way in hell Sachin was better than Laxman or Ganguly in the last two series minus the minnow team Bangladesh. I am as fair minded as their can be and I love Sachin to death. Trust me, I would have a heavy heart as a Sachin fan the day this guy retires just like the way I felt when the great VIv Richards retired. After all he is my only link to the good old 80's .To me , Sachin is the best batsmen ever, period. Now, I watched the entire SA series and Laxman and Ganguly were instrumental in the first test victory with Ganguly scoring unbeaten 52 in the first innings and Laxman scoring match winning 72 in the second winnings . Even in the second test , Laxman ran out of partners in the first innings and yet managed to scorewith unbeaten half century. Sachin averaged a paltry 7 runs in the second innings with scores of 14 , 0 and 14. Even in the recently concluded England series Laxman and Ganguly averaged above 50 and were middling the ball much better than Sachin. On what basis can you make the claim that Sachin played better than both these batsmen is beyond me.
yen saar neevu hage helteera ... SRTs 82 and 91 in the last 2 tests were such crucial knocks and more importantly the partnerships that he built with VVS' date='Gangs were considered as the turning points of the series. If you want to go by Average AK should be the top Indian batsman.[/quote'] Sachin did contribute in the recent series that's why I am not calling for his head in test cricket. I guess we can all agree that all three contributed so no point in disturbing the apple cart by dropping either one of them in test cricket for now.