jj_28

Who's our No.6?  

1. 1.

• Rohit Sharma
    • Suresh Raina
    • Rahane
    • Badrinath
    • Tiwary

I don't think selectors will drop Raina until it becomes painstakingly obvious that he needs to be dropped. I would give the spot to rohit, and if he fails drop him for good and try rahane. Raina is an asset in ODIs and t20 because he can come when the team is under pressure and play some big shots. Im not sure that talent is that valuable in test matches although he did help in a couple test wins. The selectors should just focus on finding replacements for dravid, tendulkar laxman and ganguly before looking for batsman with specific talents. I think raina will struggle to average 40+ and considering the string of poor batting performances by india raina is a luxury india can't afford right now.

he scored next to nothing shouldn't Rahane get a chance
His wicket was dubious and it was just a single innings .. If you start judging him by just 1 innings it would have been better to start off with Rahane instead. However I agree if he fails in Bangalore too then he should be out of the team come England in November
His wicket was dubious and it was just a single innings .. If you start judging him by just 1 innings it would have been better to start off with Rahane instead. However I agree if he fails in Bangalore too then he should be out of the team come England in November
Raina has played 16 Test and has an average of 28, his FC average is also 42 He has been given plenty of chances
Raina has played 16 Test and has an average of 28, his FC average is also 42 He has been given plenty of chances
I'm not saying he deserves this chance more than Rahane ... but the selectors having given him a place for the 1st test and then dropping him on basis of one innings wont be the right thing for his confidence or for that matter the confidence of Rahane even as he would also think that if Raina a proven performer in ODIs can be thrown out after one bad innings then if he doesnot perform well in one or two tests even he can be thrown out. Such changes in the middle of a series are never good esp. when the team has done well.