Ganguly is not opening material

When you have srt flowing in the other end' date=' there is usually no need to emulate him, common sense[/quote'] it is not about emulating him. it is about not eating balls and if you are not into hitting , give the strike over to the other guy. not emulating him <> eating balls with SR below 50
When he got out their RR was close to 6' date=' enough said[/quote'] Anakin, ODI cricket has moved on man. SR is 6, we are good, no need for singles is a decade old thinking. Nowadays even 300 is not safe total in ODIs. It is about playing it right. all the players should have a SR of atleast 70 all thru. if you think old Ganguly style of keeping SR of 50 all thru and then pouncing on spinners for couple of overs to bring his SR to 80s is good ODI ply, then be my guest. But, very few will agree with you and that style of play will only bring a win or two here and there. A team cannot afford to have such play if they want to be top ranked team in the world.
Anakin' date=' ODI cricket has moved on man. SR is 6, we are good, no need for singles is a decade old thinking. Nowadays even 300 is not safe total in ODIs. It is about playing it right. all the players should have a SR of atleast 70 all thru. if you think old Ganguly style of keeping SR of 50 all thru and then pouncing on spinners for couple of overs to bring his SR to 80s is good ODI ply, then be my guest. But, very few will agree with you and that style of play will only bring a win or two here and there. A team cannot afford to have such play if they want to be top ranked team in the world.[/quote'] 2020s are wasting people's understanding of the game. At the end SCG had 70ish SR. If that's a crime then he and RD should be banned along with too many other batsmen. And as I said the overall RR was pretty good. It's a myth that basic old rules don't still apply today.
2020s are wasting people's understanding of the game. At the end SCG had 70ish SR. If that's a crime then he and RD should be banned along with too many other batsmen. And as I said the overall RR was pretty good. It's a myth that basic old rules don't still apply today.
anakin, if RD too has SR of 70 after keeping it under 50 for a long time and then if RD too comes for opening, then RD too is not fit for opening. what is circular logic man? did RD open the innings? The title of the thread is talking about opening.
anakin' date=' if RD too has SR of 70 after keeping it under 50 for a long time and then if RD too comes for opening, then RD too is not fit for opening. what is circular logic man? did RD open the innings? The title of the thread is talking about opening.[/quote'] Your opening title suggests that you never watched cricket in the 90s, so no point elaborating on that.
Your opening title suggests that you never watched cricket in the 90s' date=' so no point elaborating on that.[/quote'] :D sure thing. now, we are no longer debating with logic but rather emotion and love for a particular player is involved. no more posts on this from me. I think anybody who reads this thread will see the cricketing logic and reasoning I am based on which I don't like SG to open.
:D sure thing. now' date=' we are no longer debating with logic but rather emotion and love for a particular player is involved. no more posts on this from me. I think anybody who reads this thread will see the cricketing logic and reasoning I am based on which I don't like SG to open.[/quote']If he's not opening material something weird has been happening for a decade
If he's not opening material something weird has been happening for a decade
ah I know the logic. Rajnikanth is still the hero in his 50s romancing young gals. SG is still a great opener , afterall he did it for one decade. In year 2020, Rajni will still entrall his fans, SG too will open in 2020, after all he did it for a decade.:dance:
Similar SR as in career(in this match)' date=' pretty good avg since comeback, so stick to basic grammer rather than cricket:finger:[/quote'] Buddy what you forget is that what was ok ten years ago or even 4 years ago isnt OK anymore. Now we have 20 overs of PP. We have wickets which are even more patta. We have people who are more willing to go hammer and tong. I wrote this on another thread. Earlier a 250 score used to be par ... it is now closer t o 285. SR of 70 was ok in 70's ... not anymore. Dont let your love for one man could realities