chawla you beauty

kabira

he can fill up that space generated by Kumble retirement.....needs to be handled very carefully, give him more chances, eventhough he is bit expensive sometimes. Team management should learn from Irfan Pathan experience, and support him at times. We need a true leg spinner and Piyush has that quality in him.

Chawla has this wonderful ability to pick wickets, he's taken 3 wickets in an inning so many times since his come back. With a little tweak in his bowling arm (by using side arm rather than round arm) he will get fair bit of leg spin too. His approach, action and temparament looks good to me. I suppose he's here to stay and what more he's only 18 years of age.

i dont think' date=' his wrist position is good.... his seam position for the leg breaks are pointed towards first slip hence he gets lesser turn contrary to wat some people think tht he doesnt have enuf strength yet....[/quote'] Lack of side spin is what makes his leggies doesn't turn as much IMO. He bowls a lot of top spin and that is due to the fact that he has a round arm action.
Lack of side spin is what makes his leggies doesn't turn as much IMO. He bowls a lot of top spin and that is due to the fact that he has a round arm action.
right... and u r also right tht his round arm action does contribute towards the seam pointing more towards first slip than squarer.... but i also think, his wrist position is not classic leg spinner's.... he cocks it in such a way, tht it imparts more top spin than side spin.....