Talk to me, coach pleads

King

VENKATESH Prasad, India's bowling coach, pleaded overnight for better communication with the selectors. More... Talk to me, coach pleads From correspondents in Manchester August 30, 2007 VENKATESH Prasad, India's bowling coach, pleaded overnight for better communication with the selectors. He said he should have been consulted before the decision to call up Munaf Patel for the ongoing one-day international series with England was taken. Munaf missed India's 1-0 win in the preceding three-match Test campaign against England with a back strain, before replacing erratic fast bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth for the seven-match, one-day series. Prasad, speaking at Old Trafford before tonight's (AEST) fourth one-dayer - england leads 2-1 - said while he is "pretty happy" with Munaf's fitness, he is concerned his bowling hasn't remained up to standard during the time he was out of the India squad. "He has not played much cricket but what's important is that the selectors need to talk to me on how a bowler is bowling," said former Test pace bowler Prasad. "It's important to have a good communication and be pro-active in terms of fast bowling. When I'm handling the fast bowling it's important the selectors have a talk with me on how one is doing and how one needs to be going about it. It's a proposal I'm giving to the board." So far this series Munaf, 24, has taken four wickets but his run-rate of 8.32 per over has been expensive. "I'm pretty happy (with his fitness)," said Prasad. "But I need to know from the bowler and know how he's bowling. I've been travelling and there needs to be somebody else to make sure that he is bowling with the same intensity that he was bowling earlier while playing for the country." He added India's fielders had failed to support the bowlers by dropping easy catches, but said the attack also needs to vary its deliveries more towards the end of an innings. "We're talking about that. The yorker percentage has been pretty good but change of pace is something we're working on. We don't normally practice slower balls at the nets but it's something we need to do."

Venky trying to assert himself here it looks like. I think he should not take this with the media but should talk to the selectors himself.
Apparantly there is no communication system planned for coaches and selectors. If Prasad e-mails someone , there is 101% chance that it'd get leaked. So what can Prasad do? Could he not talk to Vengsarkar when he was in England?