Relax people

King

Yes i agree that they won the test series which was major important but they need to win odis as well i mean wasnt the cwc an odi of 50 overs to? they need to really buckle down in this aspect of the game if they want to win cwc 2011 especially on home soil.
Agree ODI results do matter otherwise the stalwarts won't really be losing sleep over it. What I wanted to say though is that it is not a today's issue the lack of favourable results in ODIs, it's been dismal for a while. The improvement cannot happen overnight and needs a good long term goal. You can drop Munaf and bring in Agarkar or the next game you can drop Karthik and bring in Uthappa. The next game Agarkar may fail while Uthappa may succeed. The inconsistency among the players in the team is glaring. Nothing can be done about that on this tour. What I think India could do though is organize a 20 player pool that will play for the next 2-4 years time and groom them. From the pool should the team be chosen for the next few series’? I would expect not more than couple of senior players making it to the 20 men pool. If possible get a young robust captain and tell him he will lead the team to the next world cup. Also tell the players what their minimal achievement should be to stay in the team and define role for each player. My bet is that this won't happen. You can see a living example of this model the "Aussies team". While Taylor was leading the test team and winning majority of them the Aussie ODI team was not at the top. Steve Waugh was then appointed the captain and was given a team with players that were going to hang around for about 5 years at least. Then when Steve Waugh got a little older and the ODI results were not favourable Ponting was given the mantle with mostly guys that were good enough to play for over 5 years in ODI. Symonds, Clarke, Watson and the rest are the product of that pool. I think an idea similar to that will work for India too considering there are enough number of players that have talent enough to survive in international cricket for about 5 years. A model like that may not work for say NZ, WI or Zimbabwe where you can't shelve the experienced players and bring in another 20 talented players that are good enough to compete with the best for extended period of time considering the limited number of players. A country like India where there are about 20 odd provinces it shouldn't really is hard enough to pick 20 and groom for ODI cricket.

just because we are winning the test matches and loosing the 1 day's test matches become the real thing?? Test match victory was important but i support the Inidan team on the whole and I would like them to be good at both levels of the game.. You can't expect the fans not be dissapointed by the losses here and accept the fact that we suck.. I am passionate about the ODIs as well n the time for a revival has come

just because we are winning the test matches and loosing the 1 day's test matches become the real thing?? Test match victory was important but i support the Inidan team on the whole and I would like them to be good at both levels of the game.. You can't expect the fans not be dissapointed by the losses here and accept the fact that we suck.. I am passionate about the ODIs as well n the time for a revival has come
Well, Simba, all of us are passionate about Indian team and would like it to be the number one in every format of cricket. But this passion doesn't change the reality that we are NOWHERE around number one in any format.