I honestly think India's next coach needs.........

.......to be one who focuses on fitness, fielding and motivation. He needs to be able to fire folks up. Also BCCI needs to employ a full-time psychologist, one who understands the Indian mentality. This Indian team does not need tips on batting and there are plenty of people to advise on bowling. Lack of fielding fitness and motivation, losing heart too quickly, and complacency are things the coach and the pyschologist should try to work on. Honestly, when I look at the make-up of the team on paper, I do not understand why they do not have more consistency.

Coincidentally, the one time India played some top class cricket (during 2002/03 and 2003/04) the management staff included; a) Tow fitness trainers (Adrian Le Roux and Andrew Leipus) who kept the bowlers injury free most of the time and were able to make them "peak" at the 2003 World Cup b) A psychologist - Sandy Gordon and later; c) A bowling coach - Bruce Reid. The Indian bowlers' performance improved noticeably during the (short) time he was with the team. The current Indian side lacks b) and c) and i am not sure the current trainer John Gloster is as good as the two South Africans were

What we need and what we get are two different things. We need a 'professor' who can kick some butt and shape some of these guys. But these 'professors' are derided by the Gangulians because the 'professors' figure out that maybe Ganguly really isnt fit enough to be in the ODI team and really t he ODI team needs youngsters who can ... I dont know .... run and field a bit. So instead what we get are venky and Robin who have to call our current seniors 'sir' and their main job during the fielding drills is to ensure that our players have the right chairs to sit on and they are getting their 'chai and samosas' on time. Afterall they have to keep t heir jobs too.