I have learnt my lesson: Sreesanth

King

CHENNAI: Dropped from India?s one-day side, Sreesanth returned to ?where it all started? to sandpaper bowling technique and build confidence ahead of the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa. ?I?m ... More... I have learnt my lesson: Sreesanth Special Correspondent CHENNAI: Dropped from India’s one-day side, Sreesanth returned to “where it all started” to sandpaper bowling technique and build confidence ahead of the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa. “I’m just trying to regain my feel,” said Sreesanth at the MRF Pachaiyappa’s ground, where he bowled under the supervision of the Pace Foundation’s Dennis Lillee and T.A. Sekhar. “I haven’t bowled since I got back from England, so I’m feeling my way back in. I’m looking to work on my non-bowling arm, the left arm. I almost lost it because in the Test series (in England) I didn’t get time to work on it. And just coming back here, where it started, where I belong, gives me confidence. So does speaking to both sirs (Lillee and Sekhar).” How did he look at the bowler’s role in the Twenty20 version? “I was just speaking about it to the sirs, though not too much. A new-ball bowler can really mess it up or he can take three or four early wickets,” said the 24-year-old. “It’s a big role, and I’d like to be the second (type of bowler). I’d also like to go for four runs an over, but you must understand it’s Twenty20.” Not a happy tour Sreesanth didn’t have the happiest tours of England. He couldn’t manage the consistency he paraded in South Africa though he bowled genuinely hostile spells. He also thrust himself into controversy, bowling a beamer at Kevin Pietersen, bouncing Paul Collingwood after over-stepping, and shoulder-charging Michael Vaughan. “My mind was in South Africa when I should have been more realistic,” he said of the tour. “With conditions helping seam bowling, I set my expectations too high. I don’t think my goals were achievable, and I learnt it the hard way. I learnt I shouldn’t cross the line,” he added. How did he deal with the disappointment of being left out of the one-day squad? “It’s always disappointing not to play cricket. Rahul (Dravid) bhai was most supportive. Everyone told me it’s just seven matches, Borde sir, Vengsarkar sir. All I’m thinking about is the present. I can’ ;t blame my past; if I work today, I’ll get results tomorrow.”