Will Broad-Bopara partnership come back to haunt us ?

Ram

Sorry to be bit of a party pooper fellas, but i honestly think that partnership could come back to bite India in its arse. 114-7 , a hundred more runs to get - India should have won that match. We simply couldnt finish it off. Generally in cricket , such pieces of individual/collective brilliance leads to something or the other.

har kuttey kaa ek din hotaa hai -- (every dog has his day) get over it ..yaar.:D.....in past some low profile creatures have scored runs against us but that never changed overall situation in their later career.
This is not some low-profile creature , doing some low profile stuff S'test. Every series has an inflection point , when the victory baton is passed on to the their eventual owner. The race might closer from then on , but the victor ultimately prevails. I am hoping against hope that that partnership is not the turning point i am talking about.

Broad looks like a proper batsman. At OT, The moment he walked in he started playing some decent shots. That back foot drive off Zaheer Khan (was it) was an absolutely stunning shot - picturesque even, with immaculate footwork, elegant follow-through and a high elbow. "Dreamy" was how a Channel Five commentator (Nicholas ?) referred to it. That was a shot which any top order batsman would have been prooud to call his own. I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but i saw enough to realise his immense potential as a batsman. This guy is like an English version of Irfan Pathan.

Its the courtesy Indian team lends to all newcomers. Remember a certain Franklin Rose of WI or Lance Klusener? The Indians in '97 played them like a reincarnations of Malcolm Marshall !!! We launch careers and bring players in poor form into peak form - that's always been a feature of Indian team. Youngsters all over the world better plan their debut in a series against India!!