Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Kya cop kya janta' date=' I can see all my aunts being bullied by their husband and Im from a punjabi educated and mostly non-business family. You cant even imagine how many women get beaten in India everyday by their own husbands. [b']People were criticising Aamir Khan for saying that majority of women get physically abused in India and I can tell u that the stat is at least true in delhi. This sandess for aam aadmi is very good but one needs serious balls to implement it. Some of the people who witness these incidents are morons and get some sort of enjoyment in witnessing the crime, almost like Gladiator shows. Most people are just scared as they know that the police will give them a hard time, the criminal will get away with it and by interfering they might put their and their families in danger. I see this as a very valid point, its sad but when civic authorities fail to protect witnesses and victims then what can I expect janta to do ? Yeh padhiye aap
Let's stop making gross generalizations. A crime has happened and perpetrators should be brought to justice but don't use that to put down a city or caste. Wasn't it in Mumbai when a girl was molested in full public view on new year eve? or many such incidents I can pick from Mumbai or other cities. And Amir Khan is least qualified to make comments on abuse of females. His show was very sad gimmick to draw commercial mileage out of real life problems which he should be ashamed of. The way he treated his own first wife was enough for a common man to get few days behind the bars. When he was on the show, there were demands that he brings his first wife on the show but he didn't. There were well publicized reports of his adultery for which he could have been put behind bars for 5 years under IPC 497 but him being star nobody was going to touch him. If a common person had done the kind of things, Amir did, I am sure that person would still have been defending himself in the court.

Let's stop making gross generalizations. A crime has happened and perpetrators should be brought to justice but don't use that to put down a city or caste. Wasn't it in Mumbai when a girl was molested in full public view on new year eve? or many such incidents I can pick from Mumbai or other cities. And Amir Khan is least qualified to make comments on abuse of females. His show was very sad gimmick to draw commercial mileage out of real life problems which he should be ashamed of. The way he treated his own first wife was enough for a common man to get few days behind the bars. When he was on the show, there were demands that he brings his first wife on the show but he didn't. There were well publicized reports of his adultery for which he could have been put behind bars for 5 years under IPC 497 but him being star nobody was going to touch him. If a common person had done the kind of things, Amir did, I am sure that person would still have been defending himself in the court.
Sure lets believe all iz well ..

Sure lets believe all iz well ..
No. All is definitely not well. But don't give in to mob mentalitty and cyber-lynch somebody. Don't present one sided picture. Go through the facts and only then come up with stories. Just don't write the stuff which would evoke emotions and thus would make a better read. You believe what Amir Khan presented on TV but you won't believe what hard number says. If you are so much moved by situation, why don't you just type 498a in google and go through the links that you get and present findings to the forum. This is from NCW chairman Mamta Sharma, who is least likely to undermine causes of females only few days back. http://www.theindiapost.com/nation/delhi/amend-498-indian-penal-code-mamata-sharma
There was a need to amend section 498(A) of the Indian Penal Code so that genuine people cannot be jailed, chairperson of National Commission of Woman (NCW) Mamta Sharma said.
Many people here would remember Nisha Sharma who was anointed as heroine in same media after she had returned marriage party citing dowry demands. Groom's family was arrested and then after only 10 years court acquitted them. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nisha-sharma-dowry-case-noida-court-acquits-all-accused/1/176012.html My comment is not on the delhi incident but for the people who think that picture that Amir Khan presented is true one. We need to realize he is a commercial actor and would do/present anything that wouild increase his TRP.

Terrible crime- monsters do things like this Poor girl and her family; I hope God makes her better and somehow she gets and achieves a lot in life to put this behind her On the flip side hope those monsters pay for such a deed- I don't know how but there has to be justice in ways that maybe we don't understand Delhi, Bihar, Mumbai discussion is irrelevant- problem exists all over in India; sometimes the degree of problem is different and sometimes degree reported is different Yes- a Pune may be much better than Delhi but stories come from everywhere and it is so complex to break this down and solve- mentality, society, chauvinism, disregard of human life, weak law & order, no fear of punishment, corruption etc etc the list goes on One step at a time- treat this as a horrible crime, solve the case and ensure a highly deterrent exemplary punishment; hope that happens but not too optimistic

No. I don't think so. I vaguely recall a reading a case in India Today magazine from 90's. Barbaric act. Shouldn't be difficult to identify the perpetrators of the crime. If bus can be identified (which is not a huge task) then bus staff can be identified immediately and once police have hands on any one of the staff, everybody involved will be known. But unfortunately somebody would grease police hands before that happens. Corruption is root of all evils in India. Being practical I would say, these people were naive to board an empty bus at 11 PM in night.
I saw that happening a lot in chennai, but no rapes happened so far. Guess, this has to do with the people of Delhi and their attitudet towards women.

And Amir Khan is least qualified to make comments on abuse of females. The way he treated his own first wife was enough for a common man to get few days behind the bars. When he was on the show, there were demands that he brings his first wife on the show but he didn't. There were well publicized reports of his adultery for which he could have been put behind bars for 5 years under IPC 497 but him being star nobody was going to touch him. If a common person had done the kind of things,
well said . The laws are reserved for common man while the so called perfectionist , secular-humanist , Social Workers like Amir are above it . Disgusting individual who never practiced all that he preaches today . And he has become an inspiration who exposed the plight of so many Indian Women on his show , except his own ex offcourse .

No. All is definitely not well. But don't give in to mob mentalitty and cyber-lynch somebody.
Whose story is one sided here ? the people who rape and beat up women ?
Don't present one sided picture. Go through the facts and only then come up with stories. Just don't write the stuff which would evoke emotions and thus would make a better read.
What stories, please tell me ? You are the one who said stuff about Amir's personal life and I havent told ANY stories. I spoke about numbers and they are govt of India numbers
You believe what Amir Khan presented on TV but you won't believe what hard number says. If you are so much moved by situation, why don't you just type 498a in google and go through the links that you get and present findings to the forum. This is from NCW chairman Mamta Sharma, who is least likely to undermine causes of females only few days back. http://www.theindiapost.com/nation/delhi/amend-498-indian-penal-code-mamata-sharma Many people here would remember Nisha Sharma who was anointed as heroine in same media after she had returned marriage party citing dowry demands. Groom's family was arrested and then after only 10 years court acquitted them. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nisha-sharma-dowry-case-noida-court-acquits-all-accused/1/176012.html
And your point is ? When did I say that only women suffer ? but its also true that everyday many women go to women's cell and are scared when it gets late in the day cuz her in laws are waiting outside for her. And no, its not a story from Amir khan's show .. I know about it cuz my family members saw it happen. This poor girl was beaten up, without sandals and the cops did nothing. I have seen few cases from very close but they are personal matter so I wont get into details but trust me things are pretty bad for women and yes there are some women who make it bad for men too and yes laws are ****ed but they are really messed up for women too. I dont know why you get upset and charged up, its not like im blaming all the men for this but yes in our society women suffer a lot and some men too. The laws are messed up and are not even applied and even the one which you have highlighted is not usually enforced and the problem is with the law enforcement not with people who want more rights, a right to send your in laws to jail if they physically harmed is not unfair but when its not applied correctly then its flawed. If police and courts did their job then there wouldnt be a need for ANY special law.
My comment is not on the delhi incident but for the people who think that picture that Amir Khan presented is true one. We need to realize he is a commercial actor and would do/present anything that wouild increase his TRP.
The numbers and the stories were real, he didnt show the plight of hundreds of men who have also suffered but that doesnt mean women are not suffering in India.

well said . The laws are reserved for common man while the so called perfectionist , secular-humanist , Social Workers like Amir are above it . Disgusting individual who never practiced all that he preaches today . And he has become an inspiration who exposed the plight of so many Indian Women on his show , except his own ex offcourse .
Did he beat up his wife ? Does he not pay alimony ? did he rape anybody ? is there a case pending against him ? Just wondering what crime he has committed so I can understand your post better

Delhites need to see the problem and look for a solution in stead of trying to defend their city and find faults in other cities.
bhai who is trying to not find a solution or blaming other states, the problem is all over the country but in delhi its worse and no, so far not a single person has suggested anything that can be done by a common man

bhai who is trying to not find a solution or blaming other states' date=' the problem is all over the country but in delhi its worse and no, so far not a single person has suggested anything that can be done by a common man[/quote'] A common man can do a lot. A common man and the society at large defines the extent of crime he will and will not endure. Anti-social elements exist in every society/city and they constantly struggle to get a bargain on how much they can dominate the common man and do their business. If the common man/society is keeping silent over groping and shoulder-rubbing in crowded places, the anti-social elements as well as the law enforcement takes it for granted and they will always push a little more and see what more they can get away with. Anti-social elements take encouragement from silence and lack of protest. It's almost as good as encouraging them to go on and cross a few more lines. But then again, anti-social elements come from within the society itself. If the same common man likes to pass lewd comments at others' sisters, he loses the right to defend his own sister against others. See, the problem is not the odd rape cases that we hear about all the time. The real problem lies in the high level of acceptance of eve-teasing by the society at large. In Delhi, if someone is passing lewd comments, everyone ignores it including the girl, her friends, her father, her brothers, her mother and others because "it happens". When you have large scale acceptance for eve-teasing, common people start doing it. Any college going teenager finds it fun to pass a bad comment to a girl and harass her in other ways, since it is anyways acceptable by all. When that happens, the real bad guys will find it encouraging to take it to the next level and attempt rape.

A common man can do a lot. A common man and the society at large defines the extent of crime he will and will not endure. Anti-social elements exist in every society/city and they constantly struggle to get a bargain on how much they can dominate the common man and do their business. If the common man/society is keeping silent over groping and shoulder-rubbing in crowded places, the anti-social elements as well as the law enforcement takes it for granted and they will always push a little more and see what more they can get away with. Anti-social elements take encouragement from silence and lack of protest. It's almost as good as encouraging them to go on and cross a few more lines. But then again, anti-social elements come from within the society itself. If the same common man likes to pass lewd comments at others' sisters, he loses the right to defend his own sister against others. See, the problem is not the odd rape cases that we hear about all the time. The real problem lies in the high level of acceptance of eve-teasing by the society at large. In Delhi, if someone is passing lewd comments, everyone ignores it including the girl, her friends, her father, her brothers, her mother and others because "it happens". When you have large scale acceptance for eve-teasing, common people start doing it. Any college going teenager finds it fun to pass a bad comment to a girl and harass her in other ways, since it is anyways acceptable by all. When that happens, the real bad guys will find it encouraging to take it to the next level and attempt rape.
well I didnt ignore if it ever happened and not everybody can fight back plus in some situations its best to leave the scene. If there are 10 morons teasing a woman n she can leave the scene no matter if her bhai or baap with her, IMO she and her family should. People do try, we Indians are almost the same people and we all try but ist easier to say that dllli walay dont stand for their rights without knowing the situation. Our pados wali aunty once had an accident with a bus, she got out of her car and was so pissed off and the bus driver said move away and screw u and your car, she said I wont let you go ... guess what happened ? He ran over her ... she died. No singham can bring her back

Oh poor Lurker .. he will make a comeback and say "see these biharis couldnt dare to commit the same crime in Bihar but in delhi they were able to do it cuz delhiites dont act"
Which is absolutely true and cannot be denied. Similar immigrants from Bihar and UP are present in all other metros but don't dare do such things. You cannot defend Delhi. Did you know delhi has more rape cases than all other 4 metros combined? The problem is clearly with the city and not on external factors.

Which is absolutely true and cannot be denied. Similar immigrants from Bihar and UP are present in all other metros but don't dare do such things. You cannot defend Delhi. Did you know delhi has more rape cases than all other 4 metros combined? The problem is clearly with the city and not on external factors.
Shall we get shiv sena and attack all biharis now and keep all migrants scared now ??? alright before I go to bed, where have I said that delhi doesnt have a problem, where have I defended? Its a law and order issue and a common can do very little and believe it or not people try and have good reasons not to try when they dont. I have myself also listed social and economic reasons too but if some says that it only happens in Delhi then they are mistaken. Also if you think Bihar and Maharashtra dont have law and order problems then you are mistaken