Thank you, Warne

Dhondy

No one will know the answer. The freedom in his batting is multifactorial - I for one am tempted to attribute some causation to the Warne article. And, DD should be allowed some artistic license - mark my words, chaps, you are reading some of the best current cricket writing by an amateur...

Yes the SR is higher in the last 2 games ... but the pitch at Leeds (3rd game where he made 55) was not exactly a belter .... and as I said Warnes top 10 came out just 2 days ago ...
Nope. It was published on the 2nd, the very morning he went out to bat in the last ODI. He would have read it.
it came out towards the middle or end of the Day .. I dont think SRT is the type that reads newspapers on match days .... or non match days .... for that matter ... major introvert ...
No BB , i am pretty sure Sachin was well aware that Warne was announcing his list in instalments. He must have followed every word of it.
But even his best fans would admit that his changed approach has something to do with his poor recent results. If Sachin had played a careful knock (trying to bat 50 overs)' date=' instead of batting with gay abandon as he did today, India would have lost this game by some 80 odd runs. If the opponent were Australia instead of England, am sure he would have been more measured and restrained in his stroke play and in the process performed relatively poorly. Sachin overanalyses his batting. The more scientific he gets, the poorer will be his results.[/quote'] He's much more competent to judge his own batting, we don't know how exactly his injuries affected him, or the change in grip. Good news is he's getting better since his comeback against SAF barring the WC matches.

That was very quick Doc. Who knows really what inspired him but he played similar innings in the 2nd or 3rd ODI as well. He has been playing aggressively in the ODIs. As Bumps said it correctly, its is the Test match where he is slower than RD, VVS these days... I am sure once he retires from ODIs, he will put his full attention on Test to improve up on some of his last outtings.. Kudos to SRT and Doc for this article.