Thank god

The Master

Re: Thank god Are you kidding, Baadshah? The top order, with all those fine stats between them, batted less than the tailenders and scored less runs. The sixth wicket fell at 85 after barely 28 overs. That's our top 6 batsmen, who are in the team only for their batting. The next 4 wickets then continued to battle for 27 more overs and added 94 runs. In all, we lasted for 55 overs, of which 42 overs were today. All this on a day, when they knew that there was bad weather around. The previous 4 days had seen 73, 57, 58 and 63 overs respectively. With around an hour's play lost in the morning, and the disruptions for bad light, the maximum play possible would have been around 50 overs, no more. The top order knew that if they batted out those 50 overs today, they could secure their first series parity or win in SA. Fifty overs. Too much to ask for from a line up like this? They lasted 42 overs. Of those, only 15 overs were played for the loss of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th wickets today, i.e the 4 remaining top order batsmen. Fifteen overs, Baadshah. They will never live down this defeat. This match should have been a draw. India had enough help from the elements.

Re: Thank god Painful beyond contemplation. Another overseas Test match thrown away, another opportunity to stand up and be counted allowed to go by. A catalogue of brainless strokes, people getting out in the same manner again and again, complete unawareness of the match situation. How, oh how do these people live with themselves?

Re: Thank god Can't agree more Dhondy. It was a very bad effort by the batters. The South African attack is good but not great. The Indians have to kick themselves for a situation such as this. I see you are absolutely devastated by the result. I am fairly disappointed but I had seen it coming. We can't expect these guys that have more often than not struggled to bat 50 overs through out the series to do it on a 5th day pitch.

Re: Thank god

Devastated describes it quite succintly, Ravi. I had genuinely thought we could save this match with our remaining batsmen and the likely curtailment of play. What followed has left me a bit like a zombie.
It was a depressing defeat Dhondy but you will be twice as smart the next time around.