Indian camp not happy with umpiring

Re: Indian camp not happy with umpiring TBP, I've seen SRT walking at least twice in the 90s, also in the last Pak tour he walked even when he was not out technically. And he should not ever walk. Umpires are incompetent enough to give him wrongly out and have done a wonderful job of it over the years, I'm not talking about the last innings btw. There was a clip posted here (or at the old place) of one of SRT's innings in the 90s where he walked too.

Re: Indian camp not happy with umpiring

Ok. I take it as a yes. Sorry' date=' I can't wait for all umpiring deficiencies to be resolved before talking about our own players' brain farts and choke jobs.[/quote']
You will notice that a lot of us gave no flak to Dravid this test. Why? Cause he was short changed by the umps both the innings.
Didn't stop some people bashing tendu during the lanka test series despite umpiring or lack of it.

Re: Indian camp not happy with umpiring

the irony of this is that if technology was used' date=' i.e. Hawk-eye for LBWs, SRT would have been still out.[/quote'] Along with a million others ... since now you are saying balling clipping the coat varnish of bails = out. I have no probs with that ... Fair play and level playing field. But I will tell you what is the Irony or hypocrysy ... it is the fact that people are now resorting to going to such ludicrous depths to supoprt their theories ... and that too selectively and one sided ... and even more staggering is these our own Supporters ... :wall:
irony and hypocrisy are completely diff concepts, my friend. dont confuse the two. and the fairplay/level playing field stuff u r harping about (in what is essentially a colonial sport) till you get all blue in the face--not gonna happen. just like in any other sport--umpiring errors galore. why, even in the most tech-oriented sport (NFL) i see teams getting shafted. why?? cos umpires are human and human error will ALWAYS exist. why, even a world series has been decided on the definition of the strike zone. ask maddux. before u burst an apopletic vein, could u kindly suggest how exactly u deem to fix the "field" to "level-playing"?? and dont tell me that the 100-odd posters here have to take a juloos out to dubai HQ of ICC. u say we should back the players instead of putting shyte on them when they play badly. get united. make a stand. define it for this slow, cynical brain of mine. how is that done?? PS: daal-mein-kaaliya did something--but what he ended up doing was undermining the umpires and alienating them. which is why SS gets fined while Nel doesn't. PPS: i didnt realize that on a 250kbps stream u could actually see coat varnish. all i saw was bails flying on hawk-eye. kudos to you for the eagle-eye.

Re: Indian camp not happy with umpiring Let us be honest, nothing really is going to change the current umpiring situation unless a decent number of cricket boards want the technology involved for caught behind and LBW decisions. We can make all ruckus here but the bottom line is ICC is not going to worry as long as more than say 4 or 5 boards want the technology is introduced. From what I know captains complain about umpires consistently to the ICC match referee and that is passed over to ICC but in an ICC meeting or when the poll is taken there is no collective effort from boards to get this changed. You can make as much noise as you can but nothing is going to be changed. The ICC does not listen to us public but they listen to the respective cricket board. Even if Indian board goes ahead with this request they will hardly find couple of boards that sing the same tune. Unfortunately the board politics take over and important decisions such as this are made a non issue. Even if England has been shafted consistently in the recent Ashes series they will still side with the Australian unit. This is the way of board politics and it is not going to change shortly unfortunately :shrug: