Do most Pakistanis hate Indians ?

Guest dada_rocks

It seems to me that some people in this world just desperately WANT to be hated and the best way to defeat them is by giving them love as Mr. Gandhi once said "If any one slaps you on one cheek . Show the Other". So DR if deep down inside you believe that you fall in that category then here you go:rose:
Interesting you mention that. Nowadays when dealing with Taliban you can't even try showing the other cheek with all the beheading they indulge in!:D

Do Pakistanis hate Indians? On the contrary, at times I find them to be more friendly and helpful than Indians. I have been to Pakistani friends' houses and been overwhelmed with the hospitality. They have a lot of tehzeeb. I'm sure there must be some Pakistanis who are nasty and hate Indians but I haven't met them, thank God.

Do Pakistanis hate Indians? On the contrary, at times I find them to be more friendly and helpful than Indians. I have been to Pakistani friends' houses and been overwhelmed with the hospitality. They have a lot of tehzeeb.
I tend to concur. It is all a matter of personal opinion and perception and as far as my experience goes Pakistanis are a warm bunch of people. By Pakistanis I mean people from Pakistan. Somehow Brit-Pakistanis come across very different. But overall I would say Pakistanis are no different to Indians and specially when it comes to hospitality. There is this little Pakistani restaurant in Devon Street where I would go almost twice a month for a good 15-18 months period. It was run by an elderly couple and when the lady came to know I was from India she would hand make curry for me. Hard to forget that kind of affection. I suppose in the end it is all a matter of how you look at life. If you see think good, good shall happen to you and all that jazz. xxx

Interesting you mention that. Nowadays when dealing with Taliban you can't even try showing the other cheek with all the beheading they indulge in!:D
No matter who you are the guilt factor will eventually kick in! Unfortunately in today's so called "war on terror" instead of killing terrorists/ terrorism we are planting roots for even for violence and catastrophe.

MP, While its heartning and commendable that you appreciate Gandhian principles ... fact is there was no reciprocation from Pakistan for such benevolent idea .... here I must say that Pakistanis fell way short ... and sadly it continues and the latest episode in this line was the Kargil episode. This is the reason why people like Dada feel the way they do. Once bitten twice shy is what it amounts to. My 2 paise
Bheembhai, Kargil makes me see red too, especially at how the bodies of jawans were treated. But I don't think Kargil will happen again. We've all grown up a bit. ps. that was edited

Guest dada_rocks
Well if you are not going to believe me, you are not going to read too much in to this poll, you are not going to read in to the 200 posts on the thread and you are not going believe the personal experiences of hundreds of the INDIANS then i can't help you my friend. It seems to me that some people in this world just desperately WANT to be hated and the best way to defeat them is by giving them love as Mr. Gandhi once said "If any one slaps you on one cheek . Show the Other". So DR if deep down inside you believe that you fall in that category then here you go:rose:
Quite an act , i am virtually in tears :giggle:but 60 years of facts can't be over-ridden by some poll where the pollster is virtually rooting for some particular kind of result. ......... Let me draw parity with some basic sceince.. Must have heard of heisenberg's uncertainty principle.. the basis behidn that principle is if u are trying to measue sthg and ur measuring instrument cud meddle wiht the very things u are measuging then u will never get the real picture..... Now read this poll keeping that principle in mind.. here pollster has not only not made an effort to not meddle with the opinion of the people in order to keep veracity of poll intact but he has openly attempted to shape the opinion also ...yes the very opinion he had attempted to gauge.... That's why I called it bogus poll I can't make it any simpler if you don't get this.. Now juxtapose this fraud poll with the data gathered over 60 years u will know which carries more weight . problem wiht u starry-eyed is you can't make a difference between reality and the act people put whenever they sense their sanity/morality is being gauged.. this is why indian scribes, dim-witted ones I might add, get taken in by the welcome they get across the border and paint it as real picture... forget scribe even PMs like vajpayee erroneously take it as some sort of genuine sentiment only to be bitten later.. Heck u ask even the most radical: do u want friendship with so and so over enemity. they will say friendhsip.. to put these sort of polls ahead of 60 years of happenstance at best is head-in-sand approach...... Btw u are totally side-stepping the intial comment which said pakistani public cheered enjoyed inzi bhai's utter boorish behaviour .. u can see the news-clip where they present inzi bhia as some kind of hero .. u can go to forums where inzi bhai is hailed for that act.. what more evidence u want..... PS: Ak nasihat tum log sara effort image sudharane mein, lagate ho bina fitarat thik kiye.. fitarat sudharo mian image khud ba khud sudhar jayegi.. bogus polls ki zaroroat hi nahin paregi.... pakistan ka image kaise sudharega islam ka image kaise sudharega yada yada ham jehan jaate hain yahin discusison chal raha hota hai.. koi ye discuss hi nahin kar raha hai ki fitrat/aacharan kaise sahi hoga wo aacharan jo is negative image ka jimmedaar hain uski koi charcha hi nahin hai... ye lo :rose: rose dene mujhe bhi aata hai, it hardly is a demanding exercise anyway.

MP, While its heartning and commendable that you appreciate Gandhian principles ... fact is there was no reciprocation from Pakistan for such benevolent idea .... here I must say that Pakistanis fell way short ... and sadly it continues and the latest episode in this line was the Kargil episode. This is the reason why people like Dada feel the way they do. Once bitten twice shy is what it amounts to. My 2 paise
Even if he believes that then how it enough to blame the average Pakistani citizens? As you can see even people on this thread are talking about their positive personal experience with the average Pakistanis!

Guest dada_rocks

तेह्ज़ीब को प्यार सम्जहें की भूल न करें | ये तेह्ज़ीब का नाटक ६० साल से चल रहा है | इसमें अगर थोरी सी भी सच्चाई होती तो विभाजन ही नहीं होता | विभाजन छोरें ये चार चार युद्ध नहीं होता | अच्छा सोंचने से ही अच्छा हो जाता तो करगिल नहीं होता --- जब पूरा देश ही अच्छा सोंच रहा था | ये सब बातें प्राथमिक विद्यालय के प्रथम कक्षा में अच्छी लगती हैं | वयस्कों की वास्तविक दुनिया में इसका कोई औचित्य नहीं है | वास्तविक दुनिया में आकलन का आधार वर्षों का कर्म और चरित्र है न की कोई विचार-गणना |

What is the deal about liking an average pakistani or an average indian? In fact most people living in India or Pakistan have probably never met one from across the border. NRIs or NRPs should count for zilch in these cases. The more important thing is whether the two countries can get along? Apparently, the current answer is NO and we are for all practical purposes two countries at war.

Guest dada_rocks

MP is trying to fix the image before changing the deeds, that's where the problme lies. Your deedsgive shape tp your image it's not the other way round. So instead of throwing tantrums over why someone feels the way he/she does try changing ur deed. In this case try to give unqualified thumbs down to boorish behaviour of clowns like Inzi instead of hailing his act. Opinion/image will take care of itself automatically.

Guest dada_rocks

सत्यम ब्रूयात प्रियं ब्रूयात, न ब्रूयात सत्यम अप्रियम | मैं पहले वाक्यांश जो की हरे रंग में लिखित है बस उतना ही मानता हूँ |:giggle:

Quite an act , i am virtually in tears :giggle:but 60 years of facts can't be over-ridden by some poll where the pollster is virtually rooting for some particular kind of result. ......... Let me draw parity with some basic sceince.. Must have heard of heisenberg's uncertainty principle.. the basis behidn that principle is if u are trying to measue sthg and ur measuring instrument cud meddle wiht the very things u are measuging then u will never get the real picture..... Now read this poll keeping that principle in mind.. here pollster has not only not made an effort to not meddle with the opinion of the people in order to keep veracity of poll intact but he has openly attempted to shape the opinion also ...yes the very opinion he had attempted to gauge.... That's why I called it bogus poll I can't make it any simpler if you don't get this.. Now juxtapose this fraud poll with the data gathered over 60 years u will know which carries more weight . problem wiht u starry-eyed is you can't make a difference between reality and the act people put whenever they sense their sanity/morality is being gauged.. this is why indian scribes, dim-witted ones I might add, get taken in by the welcome they get across the border and paint it as real picture... forget scribe even PMs like vajpayee erroneously take it as some sort of genuine sentiment only to be bitten later.. Heck u ask even the most radical: do u want friendship with so and so over enemity. they will say friendhsip.. to put these sort of polls ahead of 60 years of happenstance at best is head-in-sand approach...... Btw u are totally side-stepping the intial comment which said pakistani public cheered enjoyed inzi bhai's utter boorish behaviour .. u can see the news-clip where they present inzi bhia as some kind of hero .. u can go to forums where inzi bhai is hailed for that act.. what more evidence u want..... PS: Ak nasihat tum log sara effort image sudharane mein, lagate ho bina fitarat thik kiye.. fitarat sudharo mian image khud ba khud sudhar jayegi.. bogus polls ki zaroroat hi nahin paregi.... pakistan ka image kaise sudharega islam ka image kaise sudharega yada yada ham jehan jaate hain yahin discusison chal raha hota hai.. koi ye discuss hi nahin kar raha hai ki fitrat/aacharan kaise sahi hoga wo aacharan jo is negative image ka jimmedaar hain uski koi charcha hi nahin hai... ye lo :rose: rose dene mujhe bhi aata hai, it hardly is a demanding exercise anyway.
You are basically calling the Pakistani citizens two faced! Does this mean that all the friendships that i have with Indians are"jhootee doosties" simply because i was born 100 miles to the west?? then you go on and bring in our fitarat...kia hum insaan niehie hain? kia aup koo hum may nafrat and Jhoot kay illawa aur kuch niehie nazr attha?? Now coming to the Inzamam's incident, what makes you feel that people who admire Inzi's action do that because the guy was Indian?? The fact is that the man was constantly abusing Inzi and Inzi lost his cool and some people think that Inzi had the right to act against the constant abuse.

तेह्ज़ीब को प्यार सम्जहें की भूल न करें | ये तेह्ज़ीब का नाटक ६० साल से चल रहा है | इसमें अगर थोरी सी भी सच्चाई होती तो विभाजन ही नहीं होता | विभाजन छोरें ये चार चार युद्ध नहीं होता | अच्छा सोंचने से ही अच्छा हो जाता तो करगिल नहीं होता --- जब पूरा देश ही अच्छा सोंच रहा था | ये सब बातें प्राथमिक विद्यालय के प्रथम कक्षा में अच्छी लगती हैं | वयस्कों की वास्तविक दुनिया में इसका कोई औचित्य नहीं है | वास्तविक दुनिया में आकलन का आधार वर्षों का कर्म और चरित्र है न की कोई विचार-गणना |
???

MP is trying to fix the image before changing the deeds, that's where the problme lies. Your deedsgive shape tp your image it's not the other way round. So instead of throwing tantrums over why someone feels the way he/she does try changing ur deed. In this case try to give unqualified thumbs down to boorish behaviour of clowns like Inzi instead of hailing his act. Opinion/image will take care of itself automatically.
No i am not! I am fully aware that over the last decade or so Pakistan's and Islam's image has been tarnished so if you are pointing towards one of my threads on PP then let me remind you that i specially mentioned the word "DO" in the opening post.

Very true dada, tehzeeb aur pyar mein pharak hai. But how can we assume the average Pakistani is a cold blooded person who cares only for Islam in the end? Just like us they want to be friends, and just like us they are a bit confused about our intentions after 60 yrs of war and hatred and govt lies. :confused_smile: