VVS for captain

Rohan495

Rahul Dravid has resigned the Indian captaincy, just hours before today's World Twenty20 match against bitter rivals Pakistan. Citing a desire to concentrate on his own game – particularly his batting which has suffered of late – Dravid said he no longer wished to lead the side as he has done for the last two years. The Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) will now begin in the search for Dravid's successor. Fellow middle-order batsman VVS Laxman is being touted as a likely candidate, despite struggling to cement a regular starting berth for his country recently. Board president Sharad Pawar said Dravid had made the decision this week and discussed it with him in a private meeting yesterday. "He said, 'The selectors have placed faith in me to lead continuously for two years and I'm grateful for that'," Pawar explained. "He said he would like to concentrate on his batting [and] after leading the team for two years I should give opportunity to a new person. "He would like to play and give full cooperation to whoever takes responsibility. We should respect his wishes." India's squad is currently in South Africa for the inaugural World Twenty20 tournament, with today's Pakistan fixture the second of their campaign. However fans who have made the trip from the subcontinent will be hoping to see more action today than during yesterday's match between India and Scotland, which was rained off.bsd.gif

dont need to argue, Laxman is a good leader. Maybe he might not get a chance beause seems like the selectors are always trying to phase him out. Even if he does perform well. He averaged 51.25 and what are people saying? couple of bad series for Laxman and lets phase him out. so many Laxman haters out there its unbelievable

Yoda you are wrong Laxman got a another good 3 years left in him' date=' I feel like it should be Ganguly who has to make way for Yuvraj not Laxman, Laxman is a superior player in test match cricket than ganguly. no doubt about it[/quote'] I agree. But if you look at it, he has been the one chopped in the past to make way for Yuvraj like during the home series against England.

But then dont you admit, Laxman is always a scapegoat. He was made VC for the South Africa and then the next series finds himself sitting on the bench, even if he did perform better than Tendulkar and Dravid, i feel like the only reason Gangulys average is where its at, is because of him cashing in on Weak opponents, flat pitches, or bad bowling, and not to forget another factor and that being politics working in his favor