Gandhiji keeps amazing me: Bhai mahan the aap janaab

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20070917&fname=kps&sid=1 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the Mahatma, who wore his Hindu identity very much on his sleeve, first denied these (Mopla riots) atrocities. As evidence of Muslim excesses mounted, he described the Moplahs as "god-fearing" people who were "fighting for what they consider as religion, and in a manner they consider as religious". Even during the Khilafat movement, Gandhi chose to ally with the infamous Ali brothers, silently sharing a platform with them, and refusing to criticise or comment when they declared: "If the Afghans invaded India to wage holy war, the Indian Muhammadans are not only bound to join them but also to fight the Hindus if they refuse to cooperate with them."

Guest dada_rocks
yes' date=' the guy who gave his life for the sake of the country...he is indeed amazing.[/quote'] million others gave life with zero recognition anyway here his complete lack of courage is being pointed out.. how can anyone keep silent over remarks like that is beyond me..

Guest dada_rocks
No wonder we are still considered as fair game by tin pot haramis that surround us
I give him benefit of doubt over the procalmation of these ali brothers that even the worst muslim (rapist murder yada yada) in my ( alib rother's) eyes are better than Gandhi.. here those two khilafaat clowns were denigrading gandhi the individual and he is free to ignore it but to make a comment like that over the whole country getting ignored and unconditional cooperation being shown for these clowns causes which had nothing to do with india in first place ,comes of little too much....

Guest dada_rocks
It is indeed a day of shame when the likes of KPS Gill start telling us about Gandhi and Indian history, not to mention how "modern" Indians are quick to jump and embrace upon the idea. As the cliche goes - It happens only in India. x
that age-old tactics at work if u can't find anything to say about message throw some mud on messenger job done..great :haha: PS: KP S Gill didn't invent those words or put those words in anyone's mouth .. those words have been verbatim reproduced..

Guest dada_rocks
Thanks for the breaking news !:D
It may not be breaking but certainly news.. Our heros get heapes with so much laurels their other side never gets scrutinized.. It's nice to know though..

Guest dada_rocks
These things can be easily verified in this day and age ..... most of Gandhi's life is documented in fairly great detail.
Precisely, :two_thumbs_up:

that age-old tactics at work if u can't find anything to say about message throw some mud on messenger job done..great
You are quite right that this is age-old. This age-old tactics of throwing mud at Gandhi by right wingers like you will find little takers DR. Get a life and start learning something from Gandhi for once. And yes it is prudent for me to suggest you start taking some history lessons from peeps other than KPS Gill. Now repeat after me - Gandhi is the father of my nation. A question. When BBC came out with the Greatest South Asian debate on its website, whom had you put your vote for? Here in case you may have missed that poll. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4100961.stm xx

Guest dada_rocks
You are quite right that this is age-old. This age-old tactics of throwing mud at Gandhi by right wingers like you will find little takers DR. Get a life and start learning something from Gandhi for once. And yes it is prudent for me to suggest you start taking some history lessons from peeps other than KPS Gill. Now repeat after me - Gandhi is the father of my nation. A question. When BBC came out with the Greatest South Asian debate on its website, whom had you put your vote for? Here in case you may have missed that poll. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4100961.stm xx
I know u have penchant for writing long arduous meaninggless pieces but let us talk turkey.. nobody is claiming Gandhiji's others achievements what is being dicsussed here is hic silence over words like this from whihc khilafat movement co-leader.. If u are contesting this then let me know wase kahaniyan likhana hai KP S GIll ke baad mere bare mien then continue.... U know U have nothing to say u know these are facts that's why ur usual tactcs is at work first K P S gill now me.. .... Neither K P S gill is topic nor me it's what Ali brothers said and how Handhiji responded.. if u have anythign to add on that count please feel free. banki ye detour mein main interested nahin hun.. U do know polls have no bearing on what gandhiji did over remakrs of Ali brothers, don't you

I know u have penchant for writing long arduous meaninggless pieces but let us talk turkey..
Thanks for the laugh. Let me be the first to hold a mirror in front of you and tell you that most of the peopl, if not all here, find your post nauseating. They all harp on same tunes: 1) anti-Muslim 2) anti-India 3) anti-Gandhi 4) anti-Communists etc..sometimes I wonder where so much hate comes from. Ignorance perhaps? Well its your life anyway.
nobody is claiming Gandhiji's others achievements what is being dicsussed here is hic silence over words like this from whihc khilafat movement co-leader..
You are contesting nothing. Simply because you dont have a clue as always. You pick a random line from KPS Gill's article about something and are trying to build a anti-Gandhi hysteria. You will always find a usual suspect that shall join you and then I can safely guess what road this thread shall venture. Here is a suggestion. Why dont you ever, and I mean ever, sit down and write an entire article by yourself?? I would be more than happy if it would be about Muslim or Pakistan or whatever but atleast you would be original for a change. All that you, and haters like you, do is pick a random sample and base your theory on that!
If u are contesting this then let me know wase kahaniyan likhana hai KP S GIll ke baad mere bare mien then continue....
Like I said, stop having others fight your battle. Here is what I would like you to do. Take me up on this if you have conviction of your ideas. I want you to write something original, it could be your issues with Gandhi or Pakistan and we can debate that. You can tell me about 10 things you dont like about Gandhi(say) or 10 things that you do but atleast it will be your own works and not some cr@polla dissed by KPS Gilly. Atleast I can debate you directly without wondering what KPS Gill meant?? And even if we dont reach a conclusion atleast you can stop posting 9 different one-track thread everyday that spoils mood of all and sundry(certainly spoils mine). Sounds fair?
U know U have nothing to say u know these are facts that's why ur usual tactcs is at work first K P S gill now me.. .... Neither K P S gill is topic nor me it's what Ali brothers said and how Handhiji responded..
Read up once again.
U do know polls have no bearing on what gandhiji did over remakrs of Ali brothers, don't you
Why is that? I simply asked you a question, or are you unable to answer a direct question DR? xxx

"If the Afghans invaded India to wage holy war' date= the Indian Muhammadans are not only bound to join them but also to fight the Hindus if they refuse to cooperate with them."
When I read the quote taken by itself (that's where my eye wandered off to as it was bolded in red), I got the impression that Gandhi was talking about the mindset of the Mohammadans rather than condoning them. Note he doesn't say "Muhammadans should join".. he says, they are bound to join them.. talking about their mentality rather than condoning this course of action.

Our Marxian and apologist influenced history will continue to paint a rosy picture about "Mahatma" and Chaaachaa Nehru....how we can expect younger generation to get balanced info. when entire history textbook after independence is written by their very own coteries. Whenever, a few people will try to put some facts to highlight that Chaacha and Mahatma were not that godlike as being protrayed, lynch mob led apologists will ridicule them-- can't blame them since their attitude reflects the history which is being shoved down their throat since last 60 years.

Guest dada_rocks

Noone is slanting hero but this propensity fo heros everythign should be painted as marvel is not ON. Had I talked about nehru word tharki wud have been there and nehru can forget about being being called Ji.. Gandhiiji otoh deserves these but that doesn't mean what he did can't be reviwed critically.. FACT remains he did come of as deaf and dumb whenever those clown ali brothers along side him uttered communal-words attacking national integrity.

Guest dada_rocks
When I read the quote taken by itself (that's where my eye wandered off to as it was bolded in red), I got the impression that Gandhi was talking about the mindset of the Mohammadans rather than condoning them. Note he doesn't say "Muhammadans should join".. he says, they are bound to join them.. talking about their mentality rather than condoning this course of action.
That was ali brother's statment over what the course of action should be. Ali brothers khilfata co-leader of gandhi.. Gandhiji being consistent with his head-in-sand attitude particularly in matters concering ROPers just ignored them.. LEast one expected from him was to censure those words, mind u he never was short of words on other matters always ready with his soundbites verbal or through young-india.. These words that went ignored which later on took the gargantuan proporition ..

Guest dada_rocks

Will remind people of basic rule of any debate even in high-school this is followed.. (1) Thou shall not attack the commentator whereas his comments are fair game (2) If the comment is commentators own opinion even then thou shall not attack the commentator, again comments are fair game. (3) When commentator is reproducing (verbatim) on what transpired aporpos any issue; ( no personal opinion involved whatsoever) in that case attacking commentator or messenger is downright sillier than silly.

Will remind people of basic rule of any debate even in high-school this is followed.. (1) Thou shall not attack the commentator whereas his comments are fair game (2) If the comment is commentators own opinion even then thou shall not attack the commentator, again comments are fair game. (3) When commentator is reproducing (verbatim) on what transpired aporpos any issue; ( no personal opinion involved whatsoever) in that case attacking commentator or messenger is downright sillier than silly.
Long story short - you refuse to be original and are more comfortable being an errand boy picking news from others. Thanks for settling that. xxx