Why Tendulkar must retire now

So after an epic loss he would retire you say :cantstop: . He had few golden opportunities in the last couple of seasons.
If that was the case, he should have retired after 0-8 :cantstop: Maybe he has some more monumentally epic losses planned in the future :((
He has become the Brett Favre of cricket ><. His fans started to get tired of him in his last years and he couldn't accept that he was done. It took an injury to get him to leave the field once and for all...
At least Green Bay had balls to kick Favre out and hand over the reins to Aaron Rodgers. And look how Green Bay were rewarded for their tough call! Rodgers took them to a SB title in 2009 and they have been a perennial favorites since. Wish BCCI could do what Green Bay were able to but I know it's not happening :((
At least Green Bay had balls to kick Favre out and hand over the reins to Aaron Rodgers. And look how Green Bay were rewarded for their tough call! Rodgers took them to a SB title in 2009 and they have been a perennial favorites since. Wish BCCI could do what Green Bay were able to but I know it's not happening :((
I remember everyone was laughing at Ted Thompson(The Green Bay general manager?) when he burned the bridge with Favre back then. Rodgers basically silenced everyone and now every Green Bay fan has him over Favre anyday. The point is that the organization had the guts to do what was right for the franchise. Brett Favre was basically holding the entire franchise hostage. Sachin is now doing the same shamelessly by denying a future talent. Deep down it is really gut wrenching to watch a guy like him shamelessly bring his average down and not coming to grips with the fact that he is finished. He does not have anymore comebacks in him at all. If you are going to get out to Steven Smith of all people, then you should know that it is your time to go. I will always be fond of Sachin(even though he is not my favorite player), but he is only destroying his legacy and now people just want him gone.
I remember everyone was laughing at Ted Thompson(The Green Bay general manager?) when he burned the bridge with Favre back then. Rodgers basically silenced everyone and now every Green Bay fan has him over Favre anyday. The point is that the organization had the guts to do what was right for the franchise. Brett Favre was basically holding the entire franchise hostage. Sachin is now doing the same shamelessly by denying a future talent. Deep down it is really gut wrenching to watch a guy like him shamelessly bring his average down and not coming to grips with the fact that he is finished. He does not have anymore comebacks in him at all. If you are going to get out to Steven Smith of all people, then you should know that it is your time to go. I will always be fond of Sachin(even though he is not my favorite player), but he is only destroying his legacy and now people just want him gone.
What are you on about? Everyone I knew was all praise for Thompson and saying what a great decision he made. Favre was done in Green Bay and you knew he couldn't take you to a SB win anymore. The max you could expect from him at that time was a playoff loss where Favre lost you another game by throwing a bone-headed int. Favre was going for his "iron man" record and that's what he cared about just like Tendulkar cared about his personal milestones & records. The moment Favre's "iron man" streak was broken he didn't return the following season. Hopefully Tendulkar will finally get to his milestone and we can move ahead.
What are you on about? Everyone I knew was all praise for Thompson and saying what a great decision he made. Favre was done in Green Bay and you knew he couldn't take you to a SB win anymore. The max you could expect from him at that time was a playoff loss where Favre lost you another game by throwing a bone-headed int. Favre was going for his "iron man" record and that's what he cared about just like Tendulkar cared about his personal milestones & records. The moment Favre's "iron man" streak was broken he didn't return the following season. Hopefully Tendulkar will finally get to his milestone and we can move ahead.
INITIALLY the fans and media lambasted Thompson for getting rid of Favre. I remember Rodgers said he got death threats in that 2010 Super Bowl America's Game documentary when he replaced Favre. Favre was to Green Bay what Tendulkar was to India. Favre stunk with the Jets and when Rodgers did really well in the 08 season(passed for over 4000 yards), the fans realized that he could replace Favre and become a great quarterback. It was when he joined the Vikings that Green Bay fans started to turn on Favre completely and the relationship between player and fans was ruined forever. He will never be the same in their eyes. GB fans now consider Rodgers to be the best quarterback in their history and breathe easier when he throws the ball(due to the fact that he does not turn the ball over).
INITIALLY the fans and media lambasted Thompson for getting rid of Favre. I remember Rodgers said he got death threats in that 2010 Super Bowl America's Game documentary when he replaced Favre. Favre was to Green Bay what Tendulkar was to India. It was when he joined the Vikings that Green Bay fans started to turn on him completely and the relationship between player and fans was ruined forever. GB fans now are blessed with having Rodgers who I believe is better than Favre ever was. He does not turn the ball over.
There will always be some loonies but most of the folks were on board that move. You gotta remember GB picked Rodgers in 1st round so it wasn't as if they were going with a 6th round pick. GB in effect had decided on Favre timeline when they made Rodgers a 1st round pick. You can't just pick a QB in 1st round, hand him tons of money and let him walk in favor a 38 or 39 year old has been (that was Favre's age then). There were loonies then just like there are folks here who want SRT to continue indefinitely but GB made the right call and were proven right.
There will always be some loonies but most of the folks were on board that move. You gotta remember GB picked Rodgers in 1st round so it wasn't as if they were going with a 6th round pick. GB in effect had decided on Favre timeline when they made Rodgers a 1st round pick. You can't just pick a QB in 1st round' date=' hand him tons of money and let him walk in favor a 38 or 39 year old has been (that was Favre's age then). There were loonies then just like there are folks here who want SRT to continue indefinitely but GB made the right call and were proven right.[/quote'] It was a daring and intellectual decision by Thompson which showed that he valued the team's future over a player who just could not make his freaking mind up about retirement. In the end, no player is bigger than the team. Can you imagine how ridiculous the GM would have been if Rodgers had decided to move on fom Green Bay and ended up performing well for some other team?. They moved on from Favre at the right time. Sachin just cannot make his mind up about leaving the game. I think, in his mind, he still believes that he has a lot of cricket left and many more comebacks in order. He is only kidding himself by constantly embarrassing himself these days. The selectors in India are too afraid to give the finger to Sachin because of his "God" status and the stupid fans backlash. All its doing is hurting Indian cricket in the long run. I hate to tread into politics as it is a very stressful subject for me, but I think he accepted the Lok Sabha post without even giving it a second thought. I bet if an educated cricketer like Rahul Dravid was given this choice, he would have refused for the sake of being a family man. Sachin, I believe wasn't educated well enough to think long and hard about what he does. He just can't refuse anything or come to realize that his time is up.

Oh my! The greatest batsman since Bradman, or at the very least in a very rarefied league, is being compared to very good Football players. Thompson, Favre? :laugh: Tendulkar's achievements in the game of cricket are on a different level than the kind of people you are referring to. And this is coming from a ICF declared "hater" as far as Tendulkar is concerned. It's a bloody disgrace to compare arguably the second best batsman of all time with Thompson and Favre.

Oh my! The greatest batsman since Bradman, or at the very least in a very rarefied league, is being compared to very good Football players. Thompson, Favre? :laugh: Tendulkar's achievements in the game of cricket are on a different level than the kind of people you are referring to. And this is coming from a ICF declared "hater" as far as Tendulkar is concerned. It's a bloody disgrace to compare arguably the second best batsman of all time with Thompson and Favre.
xDD Thompson is the general manager of the Green Bay Packers who had to make the tough decision of letting Favre, who was once an icon in Green Bay and couldn't make up his mind about retirement. He held the entire franchise hostage, and so Ted Thompson chose the future of the Packers over Favre.. which led to a divorce. Nobody is questioning Sachin's achievements and his standing in the game. We made the comparison of him with Favre to further explain how he doesn't know when to quit when the time is right.
But they never even remotely achieved the kind of prowess Tendulkar did' date=' so the comparison falls flat. It's like comparing a Damien Martyn retirement to Tendulkar.[/quote'] I agree that Tendulkar has done more in his respective sport than Favre ever has done in the NFL(feel this way because of the fact that Sachin plays for the country) but the comparison is not based on their achievements. Its based on their inability to accept the reality that their time in the playing field and cricket pitch is over. That's what I find very similar. Fair enough? :)
^ Yeah so make that comparison among equals among sports not by picking some random players and draw an analogy.
It's the scenario which is being compared, i.e. a franchise letting go of one of the greats of the game in favor of a younger unproven player. Comparison holds up pretty well as Favre wasn't "one of the good players", he's one of the greats of the game and is one of the top 10 QBs of all time, just like Tendulkar is one of the best batsmen. Regarding Tendulkar being next to Bradman, nope he isn't. Sobers, Hutton, Hobbs, Gavaskar, Kallis, Richards, Lara can all be arguably slotted ahead of Tendulkar. He was the lead runner for the 2nd spot behind Bradman but he lost a lot of ground over the last 2 years.
^^^ You simply can't compare holding on unless the career strengths have been similar. As simple as that. You are trying to equate the retirement of Michael Bevan with Tendulkar. It's frankly a joke' date=' but continue to draw up these meaningless analogies. The stage is all yours.[/quote'] No, I've already got my points across. I'm strong in my belief and don't feel the need to say anything more. Everyone has their respective opinions and I don't feel inclined to change yours. Whether you agree or do not is up to you my friend.
^^^ You simply can't compare holding on unless the career strengths have been similar. As simple as that. You are trying to equate the retirement of Michael Bevan with Tendulkar. It's frankly a joke' date=' but continue to draw up these meaningless analogies. The stage is all yours.[/quote'] Do you even know Favre's accomplishments? Let me list some of them... - Most passing touchdowns (508) - Most passing yards (71,838) - Most passing completions (6,300) - Most passing attempts (10,169) - Most starts (298) - Most wins (186) These stats & records show Favre was better than the likes of Martyn & Bevan you are making him out to be. Both Favre & Tendulkar have lot more in common that you might think. For starters their biggest accomplishment is the longevity and most of their stats/records are based on that. If Tendulkar has most runs and most 100s, Favre has most passing yards & passing TDs - yes, more than the likes of Montana, Elway, Brady & Manning and some of the records/stats even Manning & Brady will be hard pressed to break. Maybe before calling analogies & posts a joke, try to brush up your understanding before commenting. Favre a Martyn or Bevan, yeah right!