Pakistan reacts to defeat with anger

DesiChap

I was on the phone with my uncle in Karachi today. And I asked him about this. He said there was nothing of the sort. In fact, he said people were generally upbeat about Pakistan's performance. Can't say I'm surprised, rediff are known to come up with things like this. What isn't a fabrication, however, is what happened Jammu and Kashmir.

I was on the phone with my uncle in Karachi today. And I asked him about this. He said there was nothing of the sort. In fact, he said people were generally upbeat about Pakistan's performance. Can't say I'm surprised, rediff are known to come up with things like this. What isn't a fabrication, however, is what happened Jammu and Kashmir.
u sure u dialed the correct ISD:D
apparently ur relative covered the length and breadth fo pakistan and then reported back to you' date=' right kaboolee.:hysterical:[/quote'] yep. Being the dirty little poor paki that he is. He doesn't have a TV. So he couldn't have seen any of the reports from the Pakistan media. The facts are as follows: 1. No non-Indian source has reported this incident. 2. The Indian media has a track record for defamatory fabrications involving Pakistan. 3. My uncle, living in the largest city centre of Pakistan and being a very "plugged in" sort of person has seen generally optimistic reaction. 4. I myself have yet to see anger from Pakistani with regard to this defeat (disappointed yes, anger no).
Guest dada_rocks
yep. Being the dirty little poor paki that he is. He doesn't have a TV. So he couldn't have seen any of the reports from the Pakistan media. The facts are as follows: 1. No non-Indian source has reported this incident. 2. The Indian media has a track record for defamatory fabrications involving Pakistan. 3. My uncle, living in the largest city centre of Pakistan and being a very "plugged in" sort of person has seen generally optimistic reaction. 4. I myself have yet to see anger from Pakistani with regard to this defeat (disappointed yes, anger no).
May be pakistani media didn't give importance to those events entiher did indian media .. of course there have not been reaction like other times so obviously people will say in relative terms nothing happened.. but to claim nowhere nobody burnt any effigy is being little too optimistic......
May be pakistani media didn't give importance to those events entiher did indian media .. of course there have not been reaction like other times so obviously people will say in relative terms nothing happened.. but to claim nowhere nobody burnt any effigy is being little too optimistic......
Being a cricket fan from that part of the world, I am well used to seeing reports about effigy burning after cricket events. I can't remember one such report without pictures. Except this report. That tells me something. Secondly, I take it as a general rule of thumb to get news from several different sources to confirm accuracies of report and to weed out certain exaggerations or understatements. When i made this attempt with this story, I came up completely empty handed. That tells me something. Thirdly, with matters regarding Pakistan, I almost always end up speaking with someone in Pakistan to get an idea of what the situation is like from that perspective. This is either through someone I know or someone I don't know. Obviously if it's from someone I trust to a certain degree, it takes precedence. I have heard no such thing from anyone in Pakistan. In fact, as I said earlier, I have been told the exact opposite. If believing that people came out onto the streets to riot in anger of this loss makes you happy, that's your choice. I'm just telling you that all the signs point to the fact that this story is NOT true.

@Kablooee Man , you are fighting a useless battle, trying to defend Pakistan now. I suggest you develop a thick skin for now till things settle down. All your counters to claims made by posters here doesnt seem in good taste ( even though they are justified) especially now since we are all celebrating and are bound to go over the top now and then. And BTW , i think you would be well-advised to keep Kashmir out of this.

@Kablooee Man , you are fighting a useless battle, trying to defend Pakistan now. I suggest you develop a thick skin for now till things settle down. All your counters to claims made by posters here doesn't seem in good taste ( even though they are justified) especially now since we are all celebrating and are bound to go over the top now and then. And BTW , i think you would be well-advised to keep Kashmir out of this.
There's no defending Pakistan involved in all this. I'm just pointing out that this story is blantantly inaccurate. As far as letting you celebrate, I'd like to point out that I have not gone into victory celebration topics and spoil anyone's fun. I've been very careful not to do that.

I read an article stating the complete opposite on ndtv. (the ndtv site is down now probably because of pl trying to follow the parade). Anyway the article went along the lines of "the pakistanis weren't too sad this time because the team reached the finals and fought hard". Also, on CNN-IBN news they've been showing pakistanis rather upbeat about the performance. I wonder if rediff based this on isolated incidents.

http://www.hindu.com/2007/09/26/stories/2007092658412200.htm There u go kaboolee confirmed by one of the most credible news paper whose ediotorial opinion I seldom agree with.. It did happen at one place at least
HA! You do realize that's the exact same article right? And you personal agreement with a newspaper doesn't determine it's validity. Do you honestly believe I would've made my earlier post without actual checking to see if I could find other sources? The most this story is doing is quoting someone have "an animated discussion." God forbid. Not an animated discussion!! Those savages!
Pakistan reacts to defeat with anger, fans burn effigy KARACHI, SEP 24 (PTI)
Whats the big deal about burning effigies anyway? I say we should all do it from time to time. The morning before Holi us kids would make an effigy and go about our mohalla, shouting "Ghafur miyaan hai hai". Never had any clue who Ghafur was. Then one day I read how a Bihari politician named Abdul Ghafur had supported Indira Gandhi during emergency and people had burnt effigies of him in town, apparently some kid saw it and started a trend himself. Trust me that Ghafur Miyaan Hai hai was as good as the Holi ka matka phorne waala incident. xx