Manoj Tiwary is still missing...what happend to Shikhar Dhawan

fineleg

When Shikhar Dhawan and Robin Uthappa used to bat together many times, I have observed SD has many shots, front foot - back foot, spinners, pacers etc. We should make sure SD is nurtured too. Very handy left hand bat. Manoj Tiwary - was injured - maybe still recuperating? He is a good bat. Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid should be rotated and we should grow these 'yengsturs' too.

Manoj ready to perform A STAFF REPORTER11CAB2.jpg Manoj Tiwary

Calcutta: Bengal allrounder Manoj Tiwary considers the forthcoming South Africa A home series as a golden opportunity to make his way back into the national side. Tiwary, who on Monday afternoon flew to Delhi to join the squad, termed this as the “best chance of his life”. “I know that if I can prove myself, I can again be part of the national side,” he said. India A are scheduled to play two four-day matches followed by three limited-over games against the South Africa A side. The first match begins on Thursday at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium in New Delhi. Confident of a good allround performance in the series, the 21-year old Bengal captain said: “I am confident of doing well and I know that I have to deliver in all the three departments (batting, bowling and fielding)… I have no option left now. “I am mentally and physically fit to deliver my best,” he added after signing for the Mohun Bagan club for this season. It is learnt that Tiwary, who represented Sporting Union for last three years, has been offered a record sum. Conceding that getting into the national side in the forthcoming home series against Australia is always on the back of his mind, Tiwary said: “Yes, that obviously is my sole goal… I have to score runs and prove that I am in the same touch as I was during the Bangladesh tour.” Tiwary has been included in the India A squad after recovering from a shoulder injury which he sustained during the India’s Bangladesh tour, last May. With former Bengal coach, Paras Mhambrey taking over as the India A coach, Tiwary believes that it would be an added advantage for him.

hmm... rohit has the middle order spot locked up.. tiwary will lock up the opening spot after dada retires.. which i hope is after aus series
Tiwary doesn't open, Dravid, in any format of cricket. He is a promising middle order batsman and that is where he should remain. And finey, It seems you are not interested in threads created by others. Why don't you go and read the India A thread?? The article which you've posted, was there in that thread since a long time. If you read that thread, you'll also know which batsmen and bowlers of our second XV are doing well. Dhawan's performance fell away last year. Not only did he fail in the Top End series in Australia, his domestic performance was average too. If he wants to present himself as a contender, he has to work harder.
Tiwary doesn't open, Dravid, in any format of cricket. He is a promising middle order batsman and that is where he should remain. And finey, It seems you are not interested in threads created by others. Why don't you go and read the India A thread?? The article which you've posted, was there in that thread since a long time. If you read that thread, you'll also know which batsmen and bowlers of our second XV are doing well. Dhawan's performance fell away last year. Not only did he fail in the Top End series in Australia, his domestic performance was average too. If he wants to present himself as a contender, he has to work harder.
Chandan, I cannot keep up with all threads, so yes I do miss many posts even though I try to read as much as I can here. Thanks for the info on SD - I did not know he fell off the wayside.