Pace bowling and development of a pace bowler in India

fineleg

zaheer khan & sreesanth should be made test only bowlers in tests the bowlers should be zaheer, ishant, rp singh, pravin kumar, sreesanth in odis - ishant, rp singh, pravin kumar, sangwan, dinda goni is way too easy to be hit for 4s & 6s. got smashed for over 8 an over by bangladesh. and munaf has lost his pace
Hmmm. . Interesting. Apart from Zaheer who's clearly had a chronic heel problem, I wouldn't restrict any young bowler from/to being a Test/ODI bowler. Your list has merits, but I think Sreesanth does have decent pace and can provide some bounce tailor made for the first powerplay overs in ODI cricket along with Sharma. What I'm trying to say is that it's way to early to label any of these young guys as just Test or ODI bowlers. Frankly I don't know exactly what we have with most of these guys and it's going to take at least two/three years to make a better judgement. On Munaf Patel? Man, you can't just give up on a talent like that. You can't just lose that kind of pace, ability and talent he showed. It's STILL very much there but hidden by injuries, lack of form/fitness and just a lack of confidence. Every young bowler no matter how good or bad will go through initial struggles. Some make it out of it with the help of senior bowlers, practice and the right support from the parent cricketing body, or they don't make it at all. We'll find out.