Pace bowling and development of a pace bowler in India

fineleg

RP Singh must be rested for many of the Aussie and Pak ODIs We have this tradition of burning out fast bowlers. Insane # of ODIs, Tests etc ahead of Indian team. We cannot afford to burn out and injure a 21 year old fast bowler. Have a pool of 7-8 fast bowlers (whether they suck or not, we cannot help it too much, yes put the damn Agarkar in there, put the grandpa Munaf Patel in there). ROTATE THEM. Just do it as an organized process no matter how "great" a bowler is bowling. Otherwise you will burn out RP Singh, Sreesanth, ZAHEER KHAN et al with injuries and what not. BCCI and our captain need to take precious care of these players.

RP singh, Zaheer and Pathan are all in good form. I wouldn't want to rest any of them at the moment in view of the series against the Aussies starting on sat. Pakistan are not going to be that much of a challenge so any sign of an injury at that stage might warrant a rest for all 3 must be ready to tour australia in Dec/Jan

RP Singh must be rested for many of the Aussie and Pak ODIs We have this tradition of burning out fast bowlers. Insane # of ODIs, Tests etc ahead of Indian team. We cannot afford to burn out and injure a 21 year old fast bowler. Have a pool of 7-8 fast bowlers (whether they suck or not, we cannot help it too much, yes put the damn Agarkar in there, put the grandpa Munaf Patel in there). ROTATE THEM. Just do it as an organized process no matter how "great" a bowler is bowling. Otherwise you will burn out RP Singh, Sreesanth, ZAHEER KHAN et al with injuries and what not. BCCI and our captain need to take precious care of these players.
I agree, whether we win or loose, if we follow a rotational policy among our bowlers and batsmen...it will a. increase our pool of reserves b. make players less complacent about their place in the team c. We have some reason to fall back if we loose :D

Why rest a bowler in form ? If you are concerned for mathematical reasons (that probability would catch up with him), i understand. But I consider the upcoming ODIs HUGE. Imagine beating the Aussies & Pakistanis on the back of a world cup win and what it will do to the morale of the side before the series Down Under ?

But for a team like India morale is very important. The last time we went to Pakistan on the back of a successful series Down Under, we won both the tests & ODIs. Imagine what winning a ODI series vs Aus can do to our morale. Not only that, imagine what it will do to Pakistan's morale. They have just been beaten twice & if you add victories over Australia to that, Pakistan will start believing that they cannot beat us, which will make a huge difference in close games.

Plus I wouldnt play RPS, IKP and ZK together... Everyone gets used to that Left arm angle. So I would just play two of these 3 and either get, SS or Munna... as a third seamer... Finey... you raised a good topic here at right time. I would rest RP and bring ZK in his place. Bring him back in the test matches... in fact, IKP will be useless on Indian tracks so play SS, Munna and ZK for home series...

Plus I wouldnt play RPS, IKP and ZK together... Everyone gets used to that Left arm angle. So I would just play two of these 3 and either get, SS or Munna... as a third seamer... Finey... you raised a good topic here at right time. I would rest RP and bring ZK in his place. Bring him back in the test matches... in fact, IKP will be useless on Indian tracks so play SS, Munna and ZK for home series...
Thanks for the kind word, dial_100. Yes, my point is in the euphoria of win we should not forget to sustain and preserve (and improve) our players. You have already seen how the shameless BCCI behaved in the "Heroes welcome parade". The shameless BCCI will also do their best to destroy the future of Ind. cricket by burning out players. Extreme in wins, Extreme in defeat - this is BCCI and Indian fans too (not the ICF fans, this is an "eclectic bunch" for the most part).
Resting Rp singh is will be disaster dude' date=' i hope bcci wont think like u. I mean how did u even get the thought.... i mean Aus / Pak are the 2 biggest tournaments for us.[/quote'] Dude, I'm talking rotation - play him every 2 odis and rest him for an odi or two. Otherwise you will burn players out. Do you still not agree?