Don't get carried away, Dhoni tells teammates

DesiChap

Sachin has already indicated that he will play selectively. Dravid should follow suit. Ganguly's time is up. His slow 40's and 50's will get us nowhere.
I can go with that approach, except put a time frame somewhere. Sachin to go after 9-12 months, Dravid same period. Both to concentrate on Test(if they want to). Gangs and VVS off from LOI. Just stop making blanket statement that we need Sachin. No we dont. We have just won without him, period. :dance:
I knew that was coming but let me ask you, have I not been advocating Youth brigade much before we won in 20/20? Heck I was one of the few ones shouting even before South Africa and England. If anything it is you folks who have seen light now! And I dont buy this we need Sachin/Dravid theory. Australia survived Don's retirement, West Indies Sobers's, India Sunny and Kapil's..we will survive this one too, only come out better. xxx
Who is saying India cant survive Sachin/Dravid/Ganguly's retirment ? Ofcourse our cricket will. But the point isnt that. A blanket policy of dropping all the seniors at one go and blooding inexperienced youngsters into the team just for the sake of youth will backfire badly.
"We need Sachin. Dravid, I am not sure. Ganguly I am sure." This seemed to imply as though you were of the opinion that we definately need Ganguly but not so sure about Sachin/Dravid.
Let me rephrase, rather add newlines. Sachin we need. Dravid I am not sure. Ganguly I am sure (as in get the fack off the team). :haha:
I can go with that approach, except put a time frame somewhere. Sachin to go after 9-12 months, Dravid same period. Both to concentrate on Test(if they want to). Gangs and VVS off from LOI. Just stop making blanket statement that we need Sachin. No we dont. We have just won without him, period. :dance:
Sachin is still our top ODI bat.