1983 deja vu

Brainfade

I think the players will still be celebrating for another week atleast. That's probably going to cost us atleast two ODIs :tounge_smile: Just imagine, the players will now go back home and their states will be honoring them, family celebrations, etc. Too much on their mind like where to get their new house, porsche,etc eating all the junk food. I hope not this does not interfere with the Aussie series A bit off topic, but did you guys notice that one the ODIs is at Chandigarh, Sector 16 stadium instead of the PCA at Mohali. BCCI very intentionally holding an ODI there so that the ICL cant use it.

And the co-incidence stops there. In 1983 , we were the underdogs. Windies were the over-whelming favorites. It wasnt that way now. If anything , we were the favorites going into the final having eliminated the Saffies and the Aussies and having beaten the Paks before in the tournament. I would have almost guaranteed an Indian victory , but Mo Yo is back and that evens things up a bit.

And the co-incidence stops there. In 1983 , we were the underdogs. Windies were the over-whelming favorites. It wasnt that way now. If anything , we were the favorites going into the final having eliminated the Saffies and the Aussies and having beaten the Paks before in the tournament.
Well ... you ought to read more carefully. The parallels I drew are b/w Ind-WI and Ind-Aus (our win over Pak has nothing to do with this). We had beaten the WI in the WC. WI had revenge on their minds. So do the Aussies now. WI then were the best team in the world. The Aussies are now.