FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013

Sachin=GOD

1998? Didn't France win that year? My interest in Brazil peaked when I was a kid. Watching the game with the older men of my family. The was the era of Romario' date=' Bebeto, Cafu, Dunga.....That was probably my first ever World-Cup and ever since I have been a huge Brazil fan. But of late I've really taken to the Spanish style of playing. The holding-play style of football which Brazil adopted during the recent past kinda put me off a bit. Loving what Brazil is doing rit now big time.[/quote'] Yes - France won that year with Zidane's double headers. Brazil should have actually won there if not Ronaldo getting fits a day before the finals. I was still a kid but Ronaldo caught my eye. You then had a similar team (Cafu included) win in 2002 in South Korea/Japan 2002 and that waas icing on the cake. In 2006, once again France claimed them in quarters - that man Zidane again! In 2010, Robben's diving tactics and Sneijder's skills put them out. Cafu with Roberto Carlos were like rooks on a chess machine. You look up and you see them queueing up in the D even if they were defenders! :yay: Since you like Dunga/Cafu, did you watch the 1994 WC as well? :hmmm: I was too young to understand any sport back themn.

Yes - France won that year with Zidane's double headers. Brazil should have actually won there if not Ronaldo getting fits a day before the finals. I was still a kid but Ronaldo caught my eye. You then had a similar team (Cafu included) win in 2002 in South Korea/Japan 2002 and that waas icing on the cake. In 2006, once again France claimed them in quarters - that man Zidane again! In 2010, Robben's diving tactics and Sneijder's skills put them out. Cafu with Roberto Carlos were like rooks on a chess machine. You look up and you see them queueing up in the D even if they were defenders! :yay: Since you like Dunga/Cafu, did you watch the 1994 WC as well? :hmmm: I was too young to understand any sport back themn.
The 1994 WC was when I first began to seriously watch soccer. Was only 8. Funny thing is I remember soo much of that WC, from Bebeto's thumb sucking goal celebrations to Brazil's blue jersey, to Di Baggio's Penalty miss, to Cameroons super tight T'shirt ( And I promise you I ain't looking up Google when I say this). Another fond memory is that of Bebeto, Romario and Dunga forming a cradle rocking trio everytime a goal was scored. I personally hated the Korea/Japan World Cup. No idea why, maybe cos for that WC I was rooting for Portugal and felt they were unjustly done. So you were initiated into football 1998 WC onwards huh? Niceeeee :two_thumbs_up: Roberto Carlos lolllll that dude was insane. A little bald headed freak of nature. Was an absolute joy to watch him play. Loved his enthusiasm. Sergio Ramos reminds me of him somewhat!

The 1994 WC was when I first began to seriously watch soccer. Was only 8. Funny thing is I remember soo much of that WC, from Bebeto's thumb sucking goal celebrations to Brazil's blue jersey, to Di Baggio's Penalty miss, to Cameroons super tight T'shirt ( And I promise you I ain't looking up Google when I say this). Another fond memory is that of Bebeto, Romario and Dunga forming a cradle rocking trio everytime a goal was scored. I personally hated the Korea/Japan World Cup. No idea why, maybe cos for that WC I was rooting for Portugal and felt they were unjustly done. So you were initiated into football 1998 WC onwards huh? Niceeeee :two_thumbs_up: Roberto Carlos lolllll that dude was insane. A little bald headed freak of nature. Was an absolute joy to watch him play. Loved his enthusiasm. Sergio Ramos reminds me of him somewhat!
So we are the same age then! :D I took football seriously around 1996 at a time when not many games were telecast. I played for my school in the inter-school U14, U16 tournaments - was fun! Though I am mostly into cricket now, I do regularly follow important football games.