What's so good about the Ashes?

history, tradition, and interest from their fans, and more importantly consistent in it's format and implementation. no other series besides the ODI World Cup comes close to the consistency to the Ashes. The second best cricket series after the World Cup. ICC have had golden opportunities to create the best cricket series in the world, the World Test Championship.
That's the right word- tradition.
India/Pakistan series is boring full of bore draws on roads. Real cricket is Ashes cricket. India and Pakistan fans are jealous because they know the ashes is bigger then the world cup.
Boring? We need to have a hall of fame for all your posts. Firstly, how Anderson could reverse the ball in his first over and that followed by plenty other obnoxious ones. Go check the statements of a bloke named Jarrod Kimber, an Englishman, on Cricinfo, where he mentions why Indo-Pak is much more interesting than the Eng-Aus rivlarly. The history of Indo-Pak is more subtle and grave than some stupid teams burning a stump and preserving it for the next 10 ****ing decades in an urn.

I like the Ashes for the following reasons: 1. 5 test series, gives enough chances for both teams to make a comeback 2. Quality has typically been good on both sides 3. Result oriented pitches for most part 4. Don't care who wins, so for me personally, less tension than an Indo Pak series. It is the only series which doesn't involve India that I spend any amount of time watching.