Wow ! The Aussies really rubbing it in...

Ram

Each one of India's last 13 ODI wins over Australia has seen SRT(and in some games Laxman as well) produce a sterling performance. His recent trough against them has seen us lose each and every game. I guess it's fair to say that against them we need him to fire.
Hmm.

Expensive Aussies and a sudden stumping Wide of the mark Australia normally don't give an inch on the cricket field but today their bowlers misplaced their radar and conceded an awful amount of wides. Brett Lee began the glut by firing the first ball of the third over down the leg side for five wides and the disease spread rapidly. James Hopes was the best, conceding only one wide, while Andrew Symonds and Brad Hogg also gift-wrapped five wides. The runs in wides totalled 31, the second highest that Australia have ever conceded in an ODI. Zaheer Khan began to return the favour by bowling two wides in the first over of Australia's innings and RP Singh followed suit.

314309.jpg An angry Ricky Ponting sets off for the pavilion after the third umpire ruled against him

Stunned by a stumping Ponting had leaned forward to drive Irfan Pathan but was beaten outside off stump. Dhoni quickly whipped off the bails and pointed to Ponting's back foot, indicating that it was on the line. Umpire Suresh Shastri jogged in to replace and took his time in calling for the third umpire. The Indians didn't seem too excited and they had returned to their fielding positions while the third umpire pondered over the decision. Ponting too was unperturbed, calmly waiting to take strike again, until he appeared shocked when the giant screen flashed "OUT". He stood his ground a while, muttered for what it was worth, before striding off in a huff.

© Cricinfo

I was trapped by India, says Gilchrist New Delhi: India is back in the reckoning in the one day series against Australia, after Monday's win. And it's not just us saying that. Here's Adam Gilchrist in a special interview with CNN-IBN. The Australian lead in the series might have been clipped by India with a win on Monday, but Australia vice-captain Adam Gilchrist believes they can still pull it off. He spoke to CNN-IBN after the defeat on what cost them the match and more.

091007gilly_313.jpg

Gilchrist: I thought we contained them really well. We let them off the hook at the end of the innings, probably the last few overs were a bit expensive. We gave away quite a few extras.While I was keeping I let go a few, which went for four or five wides. That didn’t help at the end of the day. And we were in control with the bat, but the last few overs cost us dearly. Their closing overs as a bowling unit were quite impressive. They bowled yorkers and it was tough for our guys to hit off boundaries. Digvijay: You got off to a great start with Matthew Hayden taking over and Andrew Symonds coming in, there was a sense that all was gone (for India)? Gilchrist: Yes, Matty and I went at run a ball or 7-8 an over, for 6-7 overs but I fell in a trap and hit it straight down the fieldsman’s throat. We felt that every time we were going, we lost a wicket. Harbhajan bowled quite well, Murali Kartik coming back in the side after being a commentator for the first few games, did a wonderful job. Digvijay: You are 2-1 up, if you had won this there was no chance of India coming back, so it sets it up perfectly for the last three. Gilchrist: India fought back and we knew that they were capable of that. They have got that great experience there, some determined youngsters there and have the weight of the crowd pushing them on. So it does make it very exciting. We all move on to the next venue and try take it on from there.