Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

new i10' date=' Alto 800, Datsun, and few others are like cloning blues. Everything looks the same :wall:[/quote'] Nah, Datsun is aimed at the rural markets.. almost like a mahindra/maruti competitor for tier 2 and3 cities. See how they've put the gear lever and handbrake on the dashboard to have a bench on the first row? It's basically a cheap ass alternative to the alto's of the world. Alto 800 is just maruti's strategy to get as much of the market as possible. How many hatches do they have now? 10? The i10 is a more premium small hatch.. aimed at city goers.. it'll have tech, etc. My friend has an i10 with a sunroof, auto tranny, bluetooth, usb, etc etc. The new one should have LED lights as well.

I'm looking to buy a bmw/audi/benz soon but can't decide to whether go with a slightly used one or a brand new one. The price difference is humongus.
I'm assuming this is in the US? If so, you can go ahead and get a nice used one. If india, make sure you're getting the BMW secure + BSI package if you're buying used. In India, I'd recommend new.

Don't go for used cars in Audi/Merc. The maintenace cost is rudiculous. I wld say don't go for premium brands unless u r ready to spend fortunes. my dad already spent a lot of money on his A6 which is lot enough to my a new car.
Daddy's got an A6? Is it the new one with the full LED headlamps? 2.0 TDI or 3.0 TDI with quattro? I looooooooooove the new A6. Recently drove 3000+ km across India in one.

C'mon dude, if you wanna get a Bimmer, you should get a 3 series. Why would someone get a tiny pseudo-SUV that's just 10-15% cheaper. It just doesn't make sense to me :facepalm:
I want to agree with that. x1 looks like a whiner when compared to x3. x3 costs around 48L, but you can get a mid level x1 for 30L, and pretend like we own a really big hatchback :giggle: My concept is, Sell the Dzire for 4-5 L + Linea budget 10-11L, totalled to 15L. Then put another 15L :embaressed_smile: Even Benz A and B classes are at sight :--D

I want to agree with that. x1 looks like a whiner when compared to x3. x3 costs around 48L, but you can get a mid level x1 for 30L, and pretend like we own a really big hatchback :giggle: My concept is, Sell the Dzire for 4-5 L + Linea budget 10-11L, totalled to 15L. Then put another 15L :embaressed_smile: Even Benz A and B classes are at sight :--D
Bro, I'm talking about the 3 series. Not the x3. The 3 series.. sedan. 320d is priced almost the same as the x1. Why would someone get an x1 then? :facepalm:

Daddy's got an A6? Is it the new one with the full LED headlamps? 2.0 TDI or 3.0 TDI with quattro? I looooooooooove the new A6. Recently drove 3000+ km across India in one.
Not the new one, it's bought in november 2009, A6 3.0 TDI . Dad is not buying OEM xenon LED. We are yet to convince him. :sad: He finally bought it after owing a premier padmini for 20+ years. :proud: Ours is the only Audi here with lemon and chilly hanged in in the front. :giggle:

Not the new one, it's bought in november 2009, A6 3.0 TDI . Dad is not buying OEM xenon LED. We are yet to convince him. :sad: He finally bought it after owing a premier padmini for 20+ years. :proud: Ours is the only Audi here with lemon and chilly hanged in in the front. :giggle:
:haha: The new one comes standard with Xenon headlamps and LED daytime running lights. There is an option to get full LED headlamps. It costs 5 lacs. :facepalm:

Bro' date=' I'm talking about the 3 series. Not the x3. The 3 series.. sedan. 320d is priced almost the same as the x1. Why would someone get an x1 then? :facepalm:[/quote'] I said I agree with that part :facepalm: 3-series is top notch. My neighbour owns it :--D I just mentioned x3 to compare it with x1. Another good choice is the volvo s60. It's also comes to 27L I guess. I heard v40 is good, not sure.

Nah, Datsun is aimed at the rural markets.. almost like a mahindra/maruti competitor for tier 2 and3 cities. See how they've put the gear lever and handbrake on the dashboard to have a bench on the first row? It's basically a cheap ass alternative to the alto's of the world. Alto 800 is just maruti's strategy to get as much of the market as possible. How many hatches do they have now? 10? The i10 is a more premium small hatch.. aimed at city goers.. it'll have tech, etc. My friend has an i10 with a sunroof, auto tranny, bluetooth, usb, etc etc. The new one should have LED lights as well.
idk they will make the i10 as premium, atleast the petrol version. It will suit somewhere b/w eon and the older i10. May be the diesel version will be a below i20. we will have to wait until next month. I doubt abt LED, and seriously doubt it's quality. what is auto tranny? :haha: Auto transformer is nice thing, considering that hyundai is following ford's strategy on manufacturing child parts in their chennai factory itself.

I find volvos booooooooooooooooooring. And people in India are invariably going to compare the car to the buses :hysterical:
:whack: They are really good and very underrated. There are also mercedes buses, and i dont see people comaring the benz to buses.

idk they will make the i10 as premium, atleast the petrol version. It will suit somewhere b/w eon and the older i10. May be the diesel version will be a below i20. we will have to wait until next month. I doubt abt LED, and seriously doubt it's quality. what is auto tranny? :haha: Auto transformer is nice thing, considering that hyundai is following ford's strategy on manufacturing child parts in their chennai factory itself.
auto tranny = automatic transmission. And the new model will be priced above the old model dude.

:whack: They are really good and very underrated. There are also mercedes buses, and i dont see people comaring the benz to buses.
That's coz mercedes made its name as a car in India. Buses came 50 years later. Volvo has become popular as a bus brand in India. The average joe doesnt even know that volvo makes cars.

its good but its not got the image of a Merc or Audi or BMW. Boring is exactly the word to describe the brand :--D
It may not be exiting, but it's good and has a unique design. The only car that can come close as muscle car in India. :hatsoff: (contessa :hail: ) Has a headlight that turns with steering.