Malariya pills come with headache and tiredness side effect

Guest dada_rocks

Mefloquine is the choice for both Infants and adults in USA and some infants have adverse side effects. One of my friends infant son started this medicine. He started having hallucinations and the parents had stop the dosage. He was 15 month old. Anyways , it won't help against Chikungunya or other virus disease , the carrier being the mosquito still. BTW, the medicine is very bitter and you need to use apple sauce or something else along with it.

I presume this for a trip to India, DR? Try Malarone(Atovaquone+Proguanil)- unfortunately no syrup, only available in tablets, so you may have to crush and feed the little one with milk. It however has less side effects than the standard chloroquine+proguanil formulation that is recommended for most parts of India. More expensive, but worth it.

Guest dada_rocks
Mefloquine is the choice for both Infants and adults in USA and some infants have adverse side effects. One of my friends infant son started this medicine. He started having hallucinations and the parents had stop the dosage. He was 15 month old. Anyways ' date=' it won't help against Chikungunya or other virus disease , the carrier being the mosquito still. BTW, the medicine is very bitter and you need to use apple sauce or something else along with it.[/quote'] Actually that hallucination side effect was for the pill which would have been prescribed if we had visited around 15 days before departure. My concern is if he will have headache and tiredness all along then boy he is going to be mad all the time. Will screw everyone's vacation..

Guest dada_rocks
I presume this for a trip to India' date=' DR? [b']Try Malarone(Atovaquone+Proguanil)- unfortunately no syrup, only available in tablets, so you may have to crush and feed the little one with milk. It however has less side effects than the standard chloroquine+proguanil formulation that is recommended for most parts of India. More expensive, but worth it.
Yes Dhondy it's for India trip. Will keep that alternative medicine in mind .Thanks a bunch for this free consultation:two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks
How about just the good old method of burning kachuaa chaap inside the house and applying mosquito repellent cream when going oiutside ?
U can't roam arund with kachhua chaap in hand even if u do still mosquito population is too overwhelming where I come from.. Sit for a minute outside and hordes of those pesky female mosquitos will pounce upon you

U can't roam arund with kachhua chaap in hand even if u do still mosquito population is too overwhelming where I come from.. Sit for a minute outside and hordes of those pesky female mosquitos will pounce upon you
Make sure that you keep a stock of Children's Off . 1 % Deet is allowed for Infants also, Just spray on the clothes when you go out.

So the question is how do kids respond to it.. Any expereinced fellow here.?
all those treks during the monsoon season in corbet national park towards the end of the tiger census season and i have contracted malaria an overwhelming 7 times between the ages 13 and 17. and each time, be it at home or in the middle of the forest, chloroquin (or whatever its called) with lots of fluids and the occassional radish leaf juice has been a life savior. that stuff works. if your grandson in complaining or something, then you need to tell the poor kid to bite the bitter pill and take the medicine for it would save his life. good luck boss.