1000 Runs for the calendar year for Boss

Guest BossBhai

Boss scratched around today, got out 3 times and consumed too many balls. Lets call a spade, spade here. It was due to some aggressive batting from Dada, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Uthappa that we managed to post a decent total.

Sachin started off the his post world cup form that way ... he scratched around in Bangladesh, started off the England series a bit scratchy but the longer the tour went Sachin just got better and better. Yes he was scratchy today , but he was setting himself for a long innings after a couple of starts in previous matches. The more games he plays now the better he will get. Sachin & Dada provided today EXACTLY what India lacked in the previous matches ... some consolidation at the top ... and they were scoring at 4.5 per over ... so it wasnt too bad. Even in the T20, India had the same plan, early overs they look to keep wickets and build a foundation for their finishers like Yuvi and Dhoni to attack. Sachin & Dada played the exact role required from the team. It was not pretty but it was gritty and determined. If India lose it from here it is because of their bowlers.

Wonder how many ODI tournaments we have won this year though?!?!?
Good point ya know.. I don't give a rat's ass about who scored how much, but how many games India won.. we seem to have an unhealthy obsession with individual records.
Good point ya know.. I don't give a rat's ass about who scored how much' date=' but how many games India won.. [b']we seem to have an unhealthy obsession with individual records.
And for some of them it is almost as if they scored the runs themselves. :haha:

There are some people who can't be pleased in anyway. It's so simple, whenever SRT doesn't do well, the team loses, despite having the selfless, younger, more aggressive people who don't know fear and whatever. I can bet my bottom dollars that if hypothetically SRT ever hits 6 sixes in an over, there'll be another bashing that he couldn't induce the bowler to bowl a noball and thus couldn't hit more.

There are some people who can't be pleased in anyway. It's so simple, whenever SRT doesn't do well, the team loses, despite having the selfless, younger, more aggressive people who don't know fear and whatever. I can bet my bottom dollars that if hypothetically SRT ever hits 6 sixes in an over, there'll be another bashing that he couldn't induce the bowler to bowl a noball and thus couldn't hit more.
stupid thread.