Congrats ! India's FIRST ODI win over the Aussies in OVER 3 YEARS !

varun

In this Aussie team, no, I don't know if anyone other than Gilly is a confirmed walker, if that was the Q. With ref to top sides always analysing games, hey that happens all the time. For example, if Aus had been exactly in our shoes today and benefited from such decisions to win, of course punter would be saying in the team meeting" all right mates.. we won this one, but no need to gloat, we sucked bigtime and Taufel did them in so we won, so better move your as**es and take a reality check cos if we play like this tomorrow don't count on Taufel to pull us thru again, I wanna see serious kickas cricket and we pound them without the umpirs and not squeak thru becos of the umpire" ALL top sides discuss only this way, and thats why they are top
then wat r u bi.tching about?? what makes u think tht indian team wud be gloating over this win....
Guest HariSampath
In this Aussie team, no, I don't know if anyone other than Gilly is a confirmed walker, if that was the Q. With ref to top sides always analysing games, hey that happens all the time. For example, if Aus had been exactly in our shoes today and benefited from such decisions to win, of course punter would be saying in the team meeting" all right mates.. we won this one, but no need to gloat, we sucked bigtime and Taufel did them in so we won, so better move your as**es and take a reality check cos if we play like this tomorrow don't count on Taufel to pull us thru again, I wanna see serious kickas cricket and we pound them without the umpirs and not squeak thru becos of the umpire" ALL top sides discuss only this way, and thats why they are top
And I am sure Mahi would be telling the same thing.....maybe you wanna call him and check....want his mobile num ? but don't call now as its abt 2 am India time:wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath

Its like being filthy on the field and personally abusing the opponents claiming they do it all the time..Viv Richards never use to talk filthy, instead if he got any word or sledge, his bat would speak, and then he may say a word or two after that to emphasize he was the king

Guest HariSampath
I dont think so ... this is reflected in thei actions and media interviews on the topic of Umpiring and Technology .... Ponting is one of the few that opposed Technology ... (Mind you he was quick to jump on the technology wagon as soon as their team got screwed in 2005 and quite bluntly did a U-Turn as soon as the Super Test was over .. talk about blatant hypocrysy hehehee ) If they are so morality driven and are the torch bearers of fair play and level playing field they should have stood behind the Technology. But the cunning barstards quickly sized up the situation and blatantly oppose the technology as the current situation works beautifully for them except on odd occasions like today. Sorry I want born yesterday that I cannot see thru that dupicity.
They are not opposing technology per se, but selective application or fauly application, but I am not sure which statement you are referring to
Guest HariSampath
How many of the Aussie cricketers practice what the Don teached .... ? Answer me only if you can get into names and specifics. I would also appreciate answers to many questions that I have asked in the past hour that we have been discussing. Particularly the names of the team that practice the realistic and moralistic critical analysis .... Again only names specifics and facts .... lets keep the goody-goody bookish preaching on hold for a moment. Many thanks in advance.
In fact most of the aussies don't have a high trust rating by the Indians. In fact when Hayden got that Dravid snick in the other game real low down, Dravid din't go off the field till the 3rd umpire called it out, because obviously he didn't trust Hayden to have taken it cleanly just because he was claiming the catch. Sometimes incidents occur on the boundary line, when a diving player ( I have seen this more often with India) knows he has touched the rope with some part of the body with ball in hand, instead if the umpire asks, they just shrug and show TV replay sign asking the Umpire to go upstairs, even when the fielder clearly has no doubt it was a 4. Thats just hoping to take advantage of it in case the umpire doesn't call replay. If the umpire goes upstairs, then anyways its gonna be 4, so the fielder always hopes to get away with these things IN CASE the umpire doesn't go up, cos it may mean 2 runs and that cud be vital
Guest HariSampath
Is that confirmed info or just "sauce" ?
Almost confirmed , I can say... Source: Cricket journalist from Major print publication ( not officially known openly, but privately told to me, and he seems very sure of this)
Guest HariSampath
That has nothing to do with my question .... I dont see a list of Aussie names (especially the current ones) that play the game as Bradman wanted to as per your own claim earlier.
Like I said, Gilly, maybe Brett Lee...can't think of too many
Guest HariSampath
So why this insistence of our players practicisng what their own players dont ? Cant you see the duplicity and hypocrysy of all that ?
We have beaten this to death.... but here I go again : For the simple reason i don't view this from the point of view of " they do.... so we...."... I had referred in great detail about the value based choice of walking, the long term gains of being honest and known as so, as well as dwelt a bit on the cricketer's personal pride factor, plus most importantly on the psychological and mental superiority.
Guest HariSampath
Like I said' date=' Gilly, maybe Brett Lee...can't think of too many[/quote'] Gilly does appeal sometimes when it is clearly not edged, but that is not with a view to get a catch, but to distract the umpire from the wide call, and hoping to get awy with a legal delivery when the ball is very close to the 2 ft guiding line... but all keepers are expected to do this, Dhoni too