Congrats ! India's FIRST ODI win over the Aussies in OVER 3 YEARS !

varun

Guest HariSampath
Gilly does appeal sometimes when it is clearly not edged' date=' but that is not with a view to get a catch, but to distract the umpire from the wide call, and hoping to get awy with a legal delivery when the ball is very close to the 2 ft guiding line... but all keepers are expected to do this, Dhoni too[/quote'] In fact Mahi appealed for a runout today for Hayden when he clearly lost the ball and the glove hit the stumps. The ball was not even in Dhoni's hand and the umpire went upstairs and it got notouted, but I'd like to believe Mahi may have been doubtful and not too sure as can't imagine he would cheat
Guest HariSampath
By warned ' date=' our friend Bheembhai can go and on in debates! :D[/quote'] Sure, yours truly has been at it for 35 years :wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath
Sure' date=' yours truly has been at it for 35 years :wink_smile:[/quote'] In fact I have just finished last year ...a discussion on the umpire's decision on Ajit Wadekar's catch at Chepauk in 1973 when Alan Knott flung his gloves high in the air....:wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath
BTW' date=' Welcome to ICF !:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Some pending issues I have with my mates on games we have seen at the Chepauk stadium are : Alvin Kallicharan's runout in Jan 1975 ( umpire sivasankariah) Ravi Shastri's decision to take that last single in the tied test 1986 ( sub issue : Ravi Shastri's decision to take the single so early in the over) Maninder Singh's decision to play forward defensively Vikram Raju's decision on the LBW ( sub issue was there a decision to tie the test) and a few more "farly newer issues" post tied test :wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath
You guys.. Please move this discussion to another thread ? BB, could you take yours and Hari's discussion posts and move them to another thread since they're not really relevant to this thread ?
Whats a good discussion without any digression ?:omg_smile::tounge_smile:
Guest HariSampath
Ravi Shastri by his own acount took Vikran Raju to task .... its in a video documentary and Vikram Raju admitted ( to Shastri in private) to have stitched poor maninder just to get in the record books. Imagine if the scorer was incorrect and the official score was 1 run less .... :tounge_smile::omg_smile: :hysterical:
Since Krish Srikkanth who played in that game has been very close friend of mine for 25 years there's plenty I know about that game... maybe some other time, some other thread..

Thanks for the link... glad to see this prick still fuming over his wkt..:hysterical:.. me enjoying every bit of it:D

After the match, Ponting was clearly unimpressed with his dismissal. "You've had a look at the replays as many times as me, he said. "You can write whatever you like about them. At the end of the day [sundries] probably cost us the game. But they scored a lot of runs off the last two overs as well … "
Guest HariSampath

In fact Sachin, when he **finally** got out, was also trying an old chestnut : try to run a legbye when an appeal is on, trying to stifle a strong appeal from the bowler and distract the umpire, but in this case, he paid the penalty, today, It was Dhoni's call and Sachin just rushed out and got stranded by a yard..... good smart cricket by Lee to keep focus and score a hit

In fact Sachin' date=' when he **finally** got out, was also trying an old chestnut : try to run a legbye when an appeal is on, trying to stifle a strong appeal from the bowler and distract the umpire, but in this case, he paid the penalty, today, It was Dhoni's call and Sachin just rushed out and got stranded by a yard..... good smart cricket by Lee to keep focus and score a hit[/quote'] u dont stop, do u?:confused_smile: