Congrats ! India's FIRST ODI win over the Aussies in OVER 3 YEARS !

varun

Guest HariSampath

Karthik was seriously my man of the moment. 3 huge contributions . An overall great spell. Got Hayden beting him in the air, and that too after going for a biggie, considering Hayden is a huge hitter and was playing with the spin, a great and vital wkt. Finally that tremendous over: the game was placed at 24 off 18, seems very doable, and my pit feeling as I was watching and also doing the ball by ball here was, its gonna be over, but when that was pushed up to 22 off 12, it was a big big pull back

Guest HariSampath
except that the ball had travelled a fair distance behind the keeper .... and couldnt get back in time due to cramps.
But that was stupid, right ? it was Mahi's call, and he had not even taken two yards down and was always putting his hands up and probably called No too

These days any Taam, Deek and Hari takes potshot at SRT.....:hysterical::hysterical: Taaam, and Deek were visibly lound in last few months,... Hari ki kami thi... woh bhi puri ho gayee... Irony is doesn't want to give SRT a benefit of doubt... Sometimes you dont freaking notice the nick...it was just a faint nick..... To mee all SRT bashers sound more like peeTe hoe... bollywood starssss....BB..... let them take thoda aaraaam.. .so lets give him ..:mama:

Guest HariSampath
These days any Taam, Deek and Hari takes potshot at SRT.....:hysterical::hysterical: Taaam, and Deek were visibly lound in last few months,... Hari ki kami thi... woh bhi puri ho gayee... Irony is doesn't want to give SRT a benefit of doubt... Sometimes you dont freaking notice the nick...it was just a faint nick..... To mee all SRT bashers sound more like peeTe hoe... bollywood starssss....BB..... let them take thoda aaraaam.. .so lets give him ..:mama:
I do seriously hope that he didn't even know it was a nick rather than he deliberately played on after knowing he edged it. btw, I am not an SRT basher...but neither am I a mindless applauder of mediocre efforts of sachin, and lets face it if you don't say something was ordinary, how can you say when something was fantastic ??
Guest HariSampath

It was a game perfectly true to statistics...because, in all ODI history of 3000 plus ODIs, I think the chase percentage of successful 290+ chases is less than 15 % for ALL teams put together

Guest HariSampath
It was a game perfectly true to statistics...because' date=' in all ODI history of 3000 plus ODIs, I think the chase percentage of successful 290+ chases is less than 15 % for ALL teams put together[/quote'] Only 24 successful 300+ chases out of 2627 games in all ODI history.....LOL.... we are looking at maybe 1 % of the total ODIs played, but we need to see how many of the 2627 games had high targets set, and that will give the composite probablity of winning for a team winning the chance to bat first
Guest HariSampath
Hari bhai....I aint arguing on SRT at all... Whatever you say is fine with me.... ALL i know is he is unstoppable and.... so you are.... Keep going both... I am enjoying every bit of it..
wait , I am slowly getting to sachin again, why do you think I am calculating all high run chases ??:wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath
wait ' date=' I am slowly getting to sachin again, why do you think I am calculating all high run chases ??:wink_smile:[/quote'] You see, most Indians say" sachin is the greatest batsman, Sachin is great" etc...but I always call him " a fantastic batsman, probably India's best batsman, with a great batting record"
Guest HariSampath
HariSampath' date=' fyi, we are not a single threaded board. :D[/quote'] Of course I know that, but this thread too shudn't become a "single message" chakde India thread :D
Guest HariSampath
Remember the 1996 SF stumping of SRT ? who was he trying to "con" as there was no appeal at all in that case ? :haha: Happens in the heat of the battle ... when runs are the need of the hour.
Hows that similar to today's dismissal ??
:hysterical: Worst article I have seen in a long time. What crap is the writer talking... "Tendulkar appeared in superb touch, negating the variable early bounce and the prodigious swing of the Australian bowlers to notch his record-setting 84th one-day international half-century." I am not sure he even saw the game, might be commenting on the scorecard :haha:
Guest HariSampath

Well, today...(yesterday) was a great win for India!! And all my accumulated work of the daytime is over at last after many hrs, and as I need to sleep at 4 AM, gnite guys, enjoy the win, GO Sachin :-) btw, All aussies are scumballs, all aussies suck bigtime, we are world champions, and we can all say anything till we play the next game....and we can even ask mahi and boys to drive all the way to Mumbai wankhede.... Go Mahi :-)

Guest HariSampath
else what ... the earth will split in two halves ? SRT will be stricken by a curse from teh batting gods .... and he wont be able to hold a bat at all with immediate effect ? whats the worse case scenario we talking here ....:haha: ohh trust me you soo are a SRT basher/Self loather .... you tick all the boxes .... Sorry. BTW whats your take on Michael Clarkes innings in B'lore (1st ODI) ?
I have to answer this one last msg. I am NOT an SRT basher, I have seen far too many innings from him to dislike his batting. In fact I had taken redeye flights to reach Chennai to just see Sachin play in first class games, latest being that superb 90 odd in Irani cup 2003 Mumbai V Rest of India, he got a laborious , 90+.... so there. I have seen so many top class test 100s and once delayed my flight to san Francisco by 4 days just to watch the 1999 test against Pakistan, Sachin got 136 and we lost. He slogged saqlain with 17 to get for win, and he cost us that game. I was so mad bcos he had slogged in identical manner in 1st innings too, I had seen him take apart Shane warne at Chennai.... so there..... my credentials as sachin's fan are much better than most who haven't seen to many innings of his in a stadium. Pup's innings was fantastic, I had bet someone he will get 140, before the game, and I narrowly lost the bet. I have placed another bet for another 100 from him. He is a fantastic cricketer and future Australian great captain. He is a superb batsman, maybe the b est in this lineup, in my opinion.
Guest HariSampath
I have to answer this one last msg. I am NOT an SRT basher, I have seen far too many innings from him to dislike his batting. In fact I had taken redeye flights to reach Chennai to just see Sachin play in first class games, latest being that superb 90 odd in Irani cup 2003 Mumbai V Rest of India, he got a laborious , 90+.... so there. I have seen so many top class test 100s and once delayed my flight to san Francisco by 4 days just to watch the 1999 test against Pakistan, Sachin got 136 and we lost. He slogged saqlain with 17 to get for win, and he cost us that game. I was so mad bcos he had slogged in identical manner in 1st innings too, I had seen him take apart Shane warne at Chennai.... so there..... my credentials as sachin's fan are much better than most who haven't seen to many innings of his in a stadium. Pup's innings was fantastic, I had bet someone he will get 140, before the game, and I narrowly lost the bet. I have placed another bet for another 100 from him. He is a fantastic cricketer and future Australian great captain. He is a superb batsman, maybe the b est in this lineup, in my opinion.
Finally, to set all speculation at rest, I will tell you this. I know Sachin Tendulkar very well, better than anyone on these boards or any boards can ever know, ok ? :D