Congrats ! India's FIRST ODI win over the Aussies in OVER 3 YEARS !

varun

I have to answer this one last msg. I am NOT an SRT basher, I have seen far too many innings from him to dislike his batting. In fact I had taken redeye flights to reach Chennai to just see Sachin play in first class games, latest being that superb 90 odd in Irani cup 2003 Mumbai V Rest of India, he got a laborious , 90+.... so there. I have seen so many top class test 100s and once delayed my flight to san Francisco by 4 days just to watch the 1999 test against Pakistan, Sachin got 136 and we lost. He slogged saqlain with 17 to get for win, and he cost us that game. I was so mad bcos he had slogged in identical manner in 1st innings too, I had seen him take apart Shane warne at Chennai.... so there..... my credentials as sachin's fan are much better than most who haven't seen to many innings of his in a stadium.
Ah dont worry about that Hari. Cricket in India is a religion and you surely realize how followers react when someone takes umbrage with their Gods, in this case SRT. SRT was a great great batsman, but thats in history. Today he is just a shadow of his past and any true Sachin fan who has seen him in his prime finds it terrible to watch him as a shadow of his self. Still good mind you but not the same Sachin we all were crazy for. xxx
Ah dont worry about that Hari. Cricket in India is a religion and you surely realize how followers react when someone takes umbrage with their Gods, in this case SRT. SRT was a great great batsman, but thats in history. Today he is just a shadow of his past and any true Sachin fan who has seen him in his prime finds it terrible to watch him as a shadow of his self. Still good mind you but not the same Sachin we all were crazy for. xxx
Point is doesn't have to be the same old Sachin, even this "degenerated" SRT is better than most by miles. I know you'll disagree, so let's just leave it at that, don't want you to regurgitate the same stats and bakwaas.
Finally, to set all speculation at rest, I will tell you this. I know Sachin Tendulkar very well, better than anyone on these boards or any boards can ever know, ok ? :D
From stat and fan point of view, tere baap bhethe hain idhar If you know him personally, thats a different story :eyedance:
Point is doesn't have to be the same old Sachin' date=' even this "degenerated" SRT is better than most by miles. I know you'll disagree, so let's just leave it at that, don't want you to regurgitate the same stats and bakwaas.[/quote'] Yes we can leave at that, but it does come across as highly stupid that you would suspect me to put stats(which I dislike). As for me spewing bakwaas another shameless rant. Atleast let the man speak before you call it bakwaas else you are just a 3rd class idiot. Lastly, SRT better than miles. Better than who by miles?? The only player SRT should be compared to is...well SRT. A player calls it a day when he is a shadow of himself, not when he is the shadow of others. Never heard Lara call it a day because he was a shadow of Gayle. By the by Lara/Mcgrath/Warne(when they retired) were all better than most by miles....and then some. xxx
Yes we can leave at that, but it does come across as highly stupid that you would suspect me to put stats(which I dislike). As for me spewing bakwaas another shameless rant. Atleast let the man speak before you call it bakwaas else you are just a 3rd class idiot. Lastly, SRT better than miles. Better than who by miles?? The only player SRT should be compared to is...well SRT. A player calls it a day when he is a shadow of himself, not when he is the shadow of others. Never heard Lara call it a day because he was a shadow of Gayle. By the by Lara/Mcgrath/Warne(when they retired) were all better than most by miles....and then some. xxx
That's what I call bakwaas, useless veering off very straight point. Just look at the last 2/3 (could easliy be more) ODI series and you'll see who's still better than most and although SRT has played longer than them (lara and co.), he's still fit enough to continue. Anyways, I don't have time for this to run another 100 posts, so just say whatever you like, don't expect any reply, thanks. And yes, SRT will still be better than the rest (at least almost) when he retires.
Guest HariSampath
From stat and fan point of view, tere baap bhethe hain idhar If you know him personally, thats a different story :eyedance:
Now you have got the picture. It IS a different story, and a huge story. Should you ever be in the Chennai area whenever Sachin comes to play a game or to have a knock at the pace foundation here, let me know:regular_smile:
Now you have got the picture. It IS a different story' date=' and a huge story. Should you ever be in the Chennai area whenever Sachin comes to play a game or to have a knock at the pace foundation here, let me know:regular_smile:[/quote']Good that you know the man personally, doesn't mean you're right. In fact you're dead wrong about most things you said.
I thought you quit when you know you are being a burden on the team .... Whose shadow are we talking BTW ?
Not Indians...as a wise-man once said - sometimes kicking in the butt is better than words :haha: And yes SRT is a shadow of his former self , disagree?
That's what I call bakwaas' date=' useless veering off very straight point. Just look at the last 2/3 (could easliy be more) ODI series and you'll see who's still better than most and although SRT has played longer than them (lara and co.), he's still fit enough to continue. Anyways, I don't have time for this to run another 100 posts, so just say whatever you like, don't expect any reply, thanks. And yes, SRT will still be better than the rest (at least almost) when he retires.[/quote'] Fair enough. Next time if you want to not waste another 100 posts have the decency to ask the other person where he is coming from, instead of talking like a stupid. xxx
and the BCCI has a huge line outside its compound in Mumbai with SRT clones lining up ehhh ?
What kind of a rationale is that? Which other cricketing power behaves like this except India(or Pakistan)? I wouldnt want to start rattling off names of players from Aussie, Windies, England who have made to call it day even when they had enough lead left in their pencils. Heck only recently Fleming was asked to go when he was widely accepted as the best captain in the world. Why this idolatory in India?
BTW this washed up "oldie" just completed 1K ODI runs for the calendar year and was nominated as man of the series and beat the living daylights of pretend "yengsters" .... pffft Aur kuch ?
Yes aur kuch. Could you please tell me what is the lowest ICC cricket rating for SRT? Could you also please tell me when was the last time he was so low on the ratings. http://www.lgiccrankings.com/odi/batting/player-display.php?id=1905 Hint - The last time SRT was around 710 was way back in 1994. Now what were you saying about 1000 runs in a calendar year BB? xxxx