'Talking back won't annoy Aussies'

beetle

Guest HariSampath

Bradman on sledging: "I played under Alan Kippax in New South Wales for some time, I played under Jack Ryder in the Test series in 28-29, I played under Bill Woodfull in 1930 until he retired, and I captained the side until I retired. And in the whole of that time, I don't recall one single incident of sledging. It never occurred, and it would not have occurred because it would not have been allowed, not one of those captains would have allowed it. If it had happened under me I would have given the fellow one warni ng, and if it had happened again I would have made sure he was not selected again.... it never went on in my day, not at all, and I don't think it should happen now."

Guest HariSampath
Well clearly it still goes on and the ozzies are the prime culprits .... looks like you attach more value to what Don said than Ponting & Co.
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y. On any matter concerning cricket, I would defer to Sir Donald, and not merely attach importance to his words, but take at as the final word on the subject ( you may have noticed on the other thread that I had in fact placed sachin in my top 5, although by myself I may not have and its all bcos Sir Donald is to blame :P )