Bradman - Hype or Real

Guest BossBhai

When VVS Laxman can get 281 against Aussie attack in India' date=' [b']when Faoud Bacchus can get 250 against India, and Sunil Gavaskar et al, so many double hundreds, why is it a batsman of Don Bradman 's extraordinarily higher ability and record could have never got 300 as you say. I need cricketing logic and justifiable fact. You cannot say quote similar scores under same conditions.... the question is when such a player plays first in subcontinental conditions anywhere, what is it that makes you assert categorically he would never have got 300. I have given plenty of reasons to say why he would have.
Dont remind me of Foud Bacchus. I have till date not understood how he made that 250, that too against an attack that had in the very least Kapil Dev :sad_smile: but atleast Kapil was just into his first season back then(1979. Just what the hell happened in 1985 when Graeme Fowler scored a double century to boot :cry_smile::cry_smile: Those two innings are ones I would never understand. :sad_smile:
Guest HariSampath
Dont remind me of Foud Bacchus. I have till date not understood how he made that 250, that too against an attack that had in the very least Kapil Dev :sad_smile: but atleast Kapil was just into his first season back then(1979. Just what the hell happened in 1985 when Graeme Fowler scored a double century to boot :cry_smile::cry_smile: Those two innings are ones I would never understand. :sad_smile:
What about me ?? I sat through those 2 double hundreds by Fowler and Gatting at Chepauk :whatchutalkingabout and the worse thing about the Bacchus 250 at Kanpur against Kapil, Venkat and others was, he said after seeing the pitch on the opening day " there goes Gary Sobers 365":whatchutalkingabout
Guest HariSampath

Rajeev, lots of high quality posts from so many members here, on the issue of Bradman, far more than the other thread... can you simply move it over or archive it as a possible future thread on an overall discussion of the "Bradman Era", which would be a great idea for many folks to discuss the relative merits of pre war tests and modern tests, the comparisions etc. In fact Lurker and I and also a couple of others were discussing it .

Guest HariSampath

Rajeev, Varun, Lurks and others: I feel that in any cricket discussion board, the topic of Sir Donald Bradman will find the pride of place, and I think there can be no two opinions that as long as the game of cricket is discussed anywhere in the world, the subject of Bradman and his phenomena will invariably be spoken of. This is perhaps the most discussed subject on the art of Batting itself world over. I feel we should do something to inspire, sustain and give an opportunity for all cricket fans to share and enjoy this fascinating man and his deeds. Please do something appropriate with due inputs from members. Thanks