Bheem v.s Hari - Bradman DEBATE

Rajiv

Guest HariSampath
Only Two Of You Respond Here, Anyone Else Will Have Their Post Deleted Please Start
What about all my posts, and questions ? Do I have to start allover again ? and why this closed room stuff , I want others to at least see the Bradman debate Thnx
Guest HariSampath
others can see wont be able to post. Why Do you need others to post ?
No just yours and mine already posted there, move it here, at least the first few posts with your questions and my responses, do you want me to give the post nums I want ?
Guest HariSampath

If that was your logic as far as the triple hundred alone, by "no one" you are obviously talking of all cricketers with test averages of maximum 50 odd or so, with these group of cricketers playing in India and having many scores of 250, 280 etc, what prevents a player of nearly double that test average, that is Bradman with 99, with a known record of scoring hugely against all sides, and having done so recently against India , and also with the track record of highest numbers of double and triple tons in test and first class cricket from getting a 300 in India ?

Guest HariSampath
and my response :
Bradman scored a triple in England ... many yrs after someone had already acheived that feat (sandhan Circa 1925) ...and people continued to do soo after his days. Same thing with Australia (Actually he never made a triple in his own Backyard hehehehe). Both his triples came at Leeds Headingly.
What is your approach to predicting an event ? If there is a student who has cracked the JEE-IIT in half the allotted time with a perfect score, and is national top grader, and if I make a prediction that he can crack the GRE in half the time with a perfect score if he took the test, how is it logical for you to use the argument " no one has ever done it in the United states in 75 years " Isnt this absurd, because the fact points to a possibility that no one like this student had ever taken that test in the US !! So when possibility of predicting an event is analysed, there needs to be 2 factors 1. Level of difficulty of already achieved targets 2. Level of difficulty of the expected target ( for the MAN EXPECTED TO ACHIEVE AND NOT A DIFFERENT SET OF PEOPLE) this is the major flaw in your reasoning, so your entire argument collapses.
Guest HariSampath
Same thing (if not more) that prevented him getting a Triple in his own backyard. i.e its not easy to score runs In India.
The question is NOT what happened after the point of time bradman was expected to play in India. But DURING his playing time, so when he was playing in the 1930s , what factual basis you have for saying that he wouldn't have scored a 300 ( in the 1930s, 1940s). The 75 year probability is an anachronism, meaning incorrectly applied backwards to a time frame, to project a non event, when that batsman's potential is what we are discussing. In plain English, if Bradman were touring India next month to play against lala Amarnath, Vinoo Mankad etc after India's tour of Australia 1948.....and now is 1948, and you have to make a projection, just from this position how can you justify the claim he will never score 300. Answer now : This is the real question, because in my response, i had quoted the series figures for the India Aus 1948 series and made the claim for after that in India.
Guest HariSampath
Flawed Logic ... sports is quite different from academics.
I diagree. The key here is not the internally consistent logic of academics, but its extrapolated analogy of predicting events. If no one had scored a 300 in the year 1948, what are the facts and figures for tests played in India till the time I predicted bradman would make 300, and the ability of the players in this group who participated