India as a sporting nation

Lurker

well nothing much to discuss really.. if u see, in Indian you would find a Grand Grand complex which would have all badmin courts, basket ball courtz, tennis, cricket and other sporting facilities, but that won't be affordable for everyone.. not everyone in India goes to these complex.... here in usa, u see near every freakin town house their is a swimming pool, a gym, basket ball facility, tennis court etc.. u find these things not everywhere in India.. in India kids might talk this way "Mera ghar woh tennis court ke paas hai" however, any american or aussie kid won't talk like this, kyunki udhar courts he courts hai.. in Indian its rare hence... i hope u get wat m saying..

You may like it I certainly dont.
What i am saying is that it is a PROVEN FACT that copious consmption of meat and creatine and all that stuff leads to massive problems LATER ON IN LIFE. What i am saying is, healthy as i define it, most definitely does not include deliberate downgrading of one's overall lifetime health for a few quick-fix meaningless records. Anyways, when i said our diet is better than most, it really is. We eat copious amounts of spices and veggies compared to most cultures and the spices and veggies go a long way to neutralize the bad effects of the meat. But my point is, if we gravitate away from meat, we give up nothing in overall health and preformance ( maybe little worse in top end sport level but its something that is easily acceptable to me) and unlike 'must tank up on meat' culture that you espouse, make our health worse later on in life. The point i was making, that is relevant to this thread, is that we have a fundamentally flawed outlook towards sports ( we think its about winning, its not, its about having fun, we dont play sports often enough) and our population, though of a good school of diet, simply does not recieve 'enough' dietary input as western countries do. Attend to these two issues and India's fortunes in sports will skyrocket. All the rest - eating meat, being veggie, having balls, wanting to win etc etc. are secondary and meaningless idiosyncrasies.

I had it in me to be the next Indian Federer but the tennis courts in India at my time were always occupied by fat middle aged important fks. They would not play with me as I used to whoop their back side! Seriously people like me with some training could have gone far :giggle: