So who was better- Miandad or Inzamam?

I wouldn't say neck and neck' date=' BB. [b']Inzamam never managed to raise his game against the best in business as Miandad did in that legendary tour to the WI in '86-'87. That itself brings a huge gulf between the two. On the other hand Inzamam was "injured" in 5 out of 7 tests he had the opportunity to play Australia and scored a grand total of 2 runs in the other 2.
By best you mean the best team or the best bowling attack? because a bowling attack of Walsh, Ambrose and Bishop was certainly the best pace attack of the 90s and probably overall as good a bowling attack as AUS, even during the 00 tour Ambrose and Walsh were still around and bowling quite well and Inzi's record against them is very good. Having said i would still take Miandad over Inzi(both in tests and ODIs).
By best you mean the best team or the best bowling attack? because a bowling attack of Walsh' date=' Ambrose and Bishop was certainly the best pace attack of the 90s and probably overall as good a bowling attack as AUS, even during the 00 tour Ambrose and Walsh were still around and bowling quite well and Inzi's record against them is very good. Having said i would still take Miandad over Inzi(both in tests and ODIs).[/quote'] Best team and best attack. Not too many people agree with me on this but McGrath and Warne together with the support act of Gillespie and Lee/Kappa were the best bowling attack to have taken field ever.
Best team and best attack. Not too many people agree with me on this but McGrath and Warne together with the support act of Gillespie and Lee/Kappa were the best bowling attack to have taken field ever.
Even though i disagree with you but don't think it's such a ridiculous claim if a) You rate Mcgrath as a top 3 fast bowler ever. b) Warne as the greatest spinner ever. c) Gillispe as a better bowler than the likes of Bishop, Shoaib etc.
Even though i disagree with you but don't think it's such a ridiculous claim if a) You rate Mcgrath as a top 3 fast bowler ever. b) Warne as the greatest spinner ever. c) Gillispe as a better bowler than the likes of Bishop, Shoaib etc.
a) I do rate McGrath as the best fast bowler ever, equal with Marshall b) I rate Warne as the second greatest spinner ever, but well ahead of number three. c) Yes on this count too. Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding. No team in history has been able to regularly take 20 opposition wickets as the Aussies did. Warne provided the team with the spin factor which was missing from the great WI attack of the 80s. There were a number of occasions I remember when teams were able to bat out the final day against them to salvage a draw. Not too many teams managed to do that against the Aussie attack.