Troy Cooley - how much I wish the stupid BCCI somehow roped him for our team!

fineleg

Troy Cooley a.k.a the trick that BCCI missed! 262379.jpg?alt=1 Ricky Ponting acknowledged Troy Cooley's influence on the pace bowlers © Getty Images A critical factor in Australia's success in this series has been the effectiveness of their new-ball attack. Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee have left a gaping hole in the Indian top order in all but the Chandigarh match. It's no coincidence that it was the only game India won. Johnson and Lee have 14 wickets between them, at an economy rate well under five an over. Some credit here must go to Troy Cooley, the bowling coach, who has put in the hard yards with both these bowlers, and Ponting acknowledged this. "Troy has been terrific since he's been back in Australia, after spending a couple of years with the England team where he did a great job. I actually grew up with Troy and played all my club cricket with him so I know him very well and our relationship is very strong," he said. "If you talk to any of the fast bowlers he has been associated with in the last couple of years they all say the same thing, that he's very thorough, very professional, knows a lot about fast bowling. Mitchell Johnson will be the first to say that he's got a lot of help from Troy in his career."

hehehe finey .... Gharki Murgi daal barabar ehhh ? Apna Veggi Venky ko bhool gaye ? You also forgot the Test series win ...
I never quite understood that saying.. Coz I personally prefer daal to Murgi :haha: Back on topic, Venky's done a "fair" job so far, nothing great though.. We should persist with him for a bit longer.

Troy cooley wont make a diff to our fortunes. We could instead hire the Aussie top 6 as batting coaches & the Aussie bowling lineup as our bowling coaches and deny the Aussies this team full of match winners. WC finished 5 months ago and we dont even have a coach yet. Cant wait to find out whats going to happen first. BCCI hiring a coach or GKD making a sensible post.

Not saying off spinner Venkatesh Prasad has done a bad job. He is alrite. But I think it was a year back (?) that Troy Cooley decided to end his career with England, and at that time BCCI should have roped him. I am not saying dump VP now, but I wish BCCI roped TC a while back.