Why we will do well in Test series again in aus this Dec/Jan

Cricketics

I agree about Harbhajan, he is more like a container and hopes the fielders to catch some. He doesn't possess the venom or sharp spin to trouble the Aussies. But frankly, who do we have? I am sure they will pick 2 spinners. We don;t even have a professional coach in this situation, we will keep making mistakes and no one to correct them ..and for god sake, if I hear that chak de India one more time...

I predict a 2-1 series loss to Australia, with Indian win comming in Sydney and India getting creamed in atleast two other tests. As it stands now, i simply do not think Indian pace attack has enough to trouble the Aussies in Tests. I will go out on a limb here and say that Zaheer will be useless in tests vs the Aussie batting lineup- at best picking up a few lower order wickets along with a very meagre bag of occasional top six aussie wickets. He simply is not good enough a bowler to trouble the Aussie batting lineup and the ODI series is evidence enough for that. He's bowled at his best i've ever seen (except his initial year or two) and his bowling form is not much different from how he bowled in England. Yet, he's been pasted by the Aussies. Pathan would be a big mistake in tests- he at the moment is not a test bowler and i'd be surprised if Pathan does anything better than 10 wickets @ 50 average in 4 tests down under. The only pacer i think that offers India some semblence of promise is Sreesanth but even Sree would have to bowl out of his skin to make a big dent in the Aussie lineup. Last series down under, we got lucky. McGrath or Warne were not playing, thus giving our batting lineup a huge reprive. That may be the same as the upcomming series in OZ but last series, we had Agarkar bowl the spell of his life and Kumble had the most successful overseas series ever in his career. Its not very likely that Kumble will produce a stunner series yet again and frankly it is unreasonable to expect Kumble to replicate a 25+ wicket @ 30 average yet again down under. Our batting also, is in much worse shape than it was last time we visited Australia. We had Sehwag in roaring form ( I don't expect either Karthik or Jaffer to average 40 in Australia, let alone 50- they are not that good an opener. Sehwag is/was inconsistent but atleast, when he got in the 'zone', he could rack up a huge score, not putter along for a 70-80 and then get out). We had Dravid in the best patch of his batting career and its no secret that Dravid is struggling as a batsman right now, nowhere close to his 2002-2003-2004 form. Gangu has improved a fair bit as a test batsman but again, i think he'd do extremely well to average even 40 in Australia. Tendulkar too, is a much diminished test batsman, who's failed to average 40 against ANY decent opposition- home or away- for a very long time. Laxman too, is not in that great a form as he was in the same 2001-2002-2003 period. The only positive is that Dhoni is a hugely better batsman than any other wicketkeeper India took to Australia but our batting is far more bolloxed this time around than in 2003. In short, i don't see how India is going to draw the test series down under, let alone win it.
Yup - I can see the optimistic in you. :D Great going there matey.

who will pick up 20 wkts against the aussies..let us not be blinded by emotion or sentiment...i would be xtremely happy if we get away with a 2-0 scoreline out of 4 tests...i wouls be over the moon if we win a test match in australia...we have astruggling bowling attack and have a question marl over the openers...somehow dinesh kartik and jaffer do not inspire confidence and their early departures will xpose our solid but aging middle order..I would be happy if they make me eat my words though..!!!